Upgrading surefire G2 NITROLON

Status
Not open for further replies.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: upgrade an old g2

I'd recommend a Malkoff M61 L in whichever tint you prefer. That will deliver between 150-175 lumens (warm-cool) and 5 hours of regulated run time, with a taper as voltage decreases after 5 hours.

Check out Malkoff Devices, Illumination Supply, and Oveready.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Re: upgrade an old g2

Hello azglocker, :welcome:

Many folks here will agree with the M61L recommendation; that specific module was pretty much designed for the SF G2.
Malkoff modules are built for the long haul and most folks are very satisfied with theirs.

The easiest ones to find will be the standard 'cool tint' versions but there are also 'warm' as well as 'neutral' versions (my favorite BTW).
The SF G2 that my wife has in her carry bag contains a Malkoff M61LN and I think it's a nearly-perfect setup. Best of luck,

Diosces

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Was hoping someone could offer some guidance, I ordered the M3 head from Solarforce and just received it. It's not working in my Surefire G2. I have the head screwed in fully however it appears the outer spring contact is a bit too large in diameter to contact the circumferential body contact. I sent Solarforce a message but curious if anyone else experienced something like this.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I approved your bump post on an old thread. Copy this post and start a new thread with this question. Closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.