USB Rechargeable Headlamps

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in seeing what my current choices are for USB rechargeable headlamps. Can anybody here give me any suggestions on good choices?

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore hc90.
900lm, infinitely variable slider to adjust brightness, 3 colored led for preserving night vision. Mini usb rechargeable.
It's my favorite headlamp.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to go horseback riding at night. This looks like it might be a dandy headlamp for that!

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being on a horse you want the most light possible to show you not only what's in front, but what's ahead. My hc90vn will illuminate very well for 50yards and has a seriously wide beam profile.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
y8y8ate3.jpg

Hc90vn on the left. It's got a wider beam profile than the sd6vn which is a mule! (no reflector)

If your not needing it on your head, you can take off the headband and loop your belt through the mount making for a super useful headlight for your belt. You can use it that way if your just walking around.
I find I use it that way more than on my head.

aqy8ape3.jpg

Btw. The "vn" suffix indicates it's been modified by vinhnguyen54. It's 1200lm monster and costed the same as stock.

You can pm vinhnguyen54 if you're interested.

He's a great guy, and his customers service is second to none. If you EVER have a problem, you'll have the light back in a week completely fixed. I know of no company so good.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
I use the Petzl NAO and the Tikka RXP. They are now all I need but I still keep my older CORE-equipped Tikka XP2 and Tikka2 handy.

Shuutr

Newly Enlightened
Black diamond ReVolt. Has bright lights and a red light option.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume by rechargeable you mean directly at the light without having to remove the batteries and buy a separate charging system....

For that I currently have the Petzl Tikka R+, Petzl Tikka RXP, and will be ordering the Petzl Nao. All these petzl have programmable runtime/distance/output so you can set it up for whichever of those 3 you want using their desktop software. The default settings are very good and really don't need to be messed with so it can be an out the box and go type of thing.

Like carrot mentioned above, I too have gotten ride of all my other headlamps since the Petzl fill my requirements and needs just about perfectly.