• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

hatman

Enlightened
If I understand properly, the 219c emitters can only take so much current, and generate a bunch of heat when pushed that hard. 24w is for safety and longevity of the emitters, no "Afterburner" for them...

What would the output in lumens be at 24w?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The BOSS clip is very firm and stiff that is re-assuring when on the move (hiking, jogging, running)... Will frequent usage result to a marking on the BOSS body where the clip snaps back?
I've not seen any examples or reports of it happening so we'll have to wait for Tom to chime in on whether it possibly can.

Satin 35 R219c here. Looking forward to checking out the 219c! Patina 4000k is a high mark to reach for.
This is my hand picked bin, and favorite bin of all time. Beautiful shade and render, especially outdoors. Even Sarah, who has an extra color gene (think opposite of color blindness) is impressed.

Will "bodies only" be sold on site eventually? I got a brass 70 from the previous drop and part of me is curious on whether the 35 setup is more suited for my use. Noticed that combos are usually the last to get sold out, it might be a good idea to split them up. :)
Yes, combos were always under supplied so we went a bit nuts making more. This should mean we are closer to meeting current demand and our ability to keep stock on hand. Because that also means we can start posting extras like brass 70 bodies. Give me a few months to sort this out.

What does "219c boards are limited to level 32 (24w)" mean?
What would the output in lumens be at 24w?

v5 defaults to 33 levels but includes the ability to set limits during master configuration. Having tested the 219c, we are using this system to limit max power to level 32. This is several levels higher than 219b but still not as much power as XPL can handle. These limits protect the LEDs and cannot be overridden by selecting higher modes. So if you program 4/9/14/33, your 219c BOSS will operate at 4/9/14/32.

We don't have 219c numbers yet, but I'll see about getting them posted before the next full run. Supply problems means this batch is about to run out :/

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that the feeding frenzy is over the leftovers are not wanted anymore ;) ;) Still 3 satin silver combos, 2 brass 70 and 1 copper 70 available.

calypso699

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me if I'm able to run both 18650 and 2x 18350 configurations in my 70 direct from overready without doing any special programming?

Wtlj

Newly Enlightened
gentle bump for the above question. ^^

also... looking forward for someone to post side by side the 2 versions - patina and satin silver.

congrats btw.

I'll post a few side by sides of patina vs satin when mine arrives.

Nichia!

Banned
I will wait for the old patina with the ( Hi ) Emitter..
also waiting for Nichia B

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Why, oh why, did you guys leave the last copper 219c 70 lingering for so long. Now I have a lot of explaining to do with the mrs.

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Guys, what is with the 219B that you prefer over the 219C?

I just don't care about the brightness of the ( C ) I want A perfect Color Experience:)

The Old Patina is Gorgeous! The new sliver doesn't look good for me. The old patina is the best finish I think..

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just don't care about the brightness of the ( C ) I want A perfect Color Experience:)

The Old Patina is Gorgeous! The new sliver doesn't look good for me. The old patina is the best finish I think..
Interesting. Does the B have a higher CRI than the C, or renders better in real use?

Agree, the more I look at the old patina, the better it gets.

Nichia!

Banned
The B is the ultimate Hi CRI LED, The C on other hand is best known for the brightness..