• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure we'll be able to order them separately. I don't like the looks of the bezel on the copper and brass, but am sold on the Satin Black and Patina. Gives them a very rugged look IMHO :)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Announcement

Our seventh BOSS release is this week, here are the details:

WHEN
Wednesday, August 16 - early afternoon pacific time (after lunch)

WHAT
Two metals with new finishes over three body setups and 4 board configurations...
Units this week are about 25 per metal (50 this week)
50 more with separate release in 2 weeks (100 total)

Most boards will be XPL/red or 219c/amber
219c boards will be limited to level 32 (24w)
Go with XPL for lumens, 219 for color!

We are also releasing a family of new accessories, available separately/individually

HOW
Insider 66, with photos linked to purchase pages
Purchase restrictions are 1 head equivalent per metal per person/address
We'll work to ship all orders together this week

MODIFICATIONS
Order pages now include a Special Instructions text box, for things like:

• Bezel ring changes
  • GID / clip removal
  • Optic swaps
  • For fastest shipping, leave this box empty

UPDATES
This thread will be updated with the latest info including shipping
Our FB group controlthedark.com will be updated with the latest info including shipping

BATTERIES
AW's factory was hit this summer and will be down for a while. IMR stock is limited until further notice.

SCHEDULE
Follow here for schedule updates: http://www.oveready.com

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Update
Cren rings did not make 'ship ready' for tomorrow. But rather than delay the whole launch or make a mini insider, will still be introduced tomorrow. They should be ready to ship later this month.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
I tend to like the scalloped head design and see some complementary structure visible in the triad style tail.

🤔

barry

Newly Enlightened
I like the look of the crenelated bezel myself. However, I think it needs to be made of the same metal and have the same finish as the rest of the light.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
I was hoping to order the crenelated bezels even though they are not ready to ship. Any word when they and the black BOSS clips w/screws can be ordered? Thanks.

EDIT: Found my answer after fully reading the insider.
popcorn.gif

Last edited:

barry

Newly Enlightened
I just perused the copper and brass BOSS lights recently posted on the Oveready site. Maybe I'm the only person with this opinion, but I'm not really crazy about the "distressed finishes" that seem to have become the standard. I realize that a tumbled finish helps hide blemishes picked up from pocket carry. But I would prefer something that didn't start off looking like it was already heavily used.

Last edited:

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just perused the copper and brass BOSS lights recently posted on the Oveready site. Maybe I'm the only person with this opinion, but I'm not really crazy about the "distressed finishes" that seem to have become the standard. I realize that a tumbled finish helps hide blemishes picked up from pocket carry. But I would prefer something that didn't start off looking like it was already heavily used.

When you buy a new car you always dread that first scratch. However, I think most of us would be upset if we went to pick up a new car and the dealership had pre-scratched the paint so we wouldn't have to worry about messing it up ourselves.
pictures!