• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

redryder

Enlightened
Will the copper heat sink of the Ti light patina? And are there any special instructions for the Ti threads. Ie anti-seize, etc.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any specs on what exactly is the new frosted coating, or is it blasted textured finish?

Whatever it is, appears to have been applied to head, body, and clip with screws while installed

** Does T10 torx wrench still fit into screw heads?

Last edited:

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new leather holster looks awesome... what is the shade of the leather material inside where the head bumps into? I had to put a masking tape on my leather holster (not from aZhu) so that the bounce would effectively activate*.

*while pls take note that the bounce sensitivity varies from unit to unit, others will just do fine without a lighter shade to bounce off.

redryder

Enlightened
Is the tint/color of the leds consistent for different BOSS batches? I have an XPL from one of the earliest runs. Will current lights be essentially the same(any tint lottery)?

ridnovir

Newly Enlightened
Any specs on what exactly is the new frosted coating, or is it blasted textured finish?

Whatever it is, appears to have been applied to head, body, and clip with screws while installed

To me it looks like it is sand blasted.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Will the copper heat sink of the Ti light patina? And are there any special instructions for the Ti threads. Ie anti-seize, etc.
Yes, this is raw untreated copper and will change with conditions. No special steps or lube. All BOSS have smoother than typical threading and ship with our standard 760g

Any preview pics for those of us not on FB?
Please follow here: https://www.instagram.com/torchlab/

Is there an actual insider 69 page (not seeing it) or just the Ti frosted Boss pages?
Sorry for the confusion. Insider is an email newsletter.
You can subscribe on the left nav bar here:

https://www.oveready.com/news/insiders/

Any specs on what exactly is the new frosted coating, or is it blasted textured finish? Whatever it is, appears to have been applied to head, body, and clip with screws while installed

** Does T10 torx wrench still fit into screw heads?
Sorry for the confusion. This is a new multi step process developed by TorchLAB and I'm not at liberty to share specifics. But it is a combination of techniques that effects the metal directly and is not a coating. All BOSS clips are installed with Wiha T10 wrenches and will work for this application as well.

Is the tint/color of the leds consistent for different BOSS batches? I have an XPL from one of the earliest runs. Will current lights be essentially the same(any tint lottery)?
Our bin range is small from reel to reel and batch to batch. However, we transitioned last year from 4500k RD to 4000k HI. If you are familiar with RD (confirm here), you should find this slightly warmer and more intense.

Last edited:

Shurock

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys:

This thread is too long to read. LOL. Does the new BOSS system work with any of the Moodoolar components?

redryder

Enlightened
I am having problems using my XPL HI Patina head on a Black HA body. Occasionally(maybe 1 out of 30-40 times) when I click to change modes, nothing happens. When I try it immediately again, it works. When I use the Patina head w/ Patina body or Black HA head w/ Black HA body, I don't have problems. I noticed that there is a slight gap between the Black head and Black body but almost none for Patina head and Black body. I'm wondering if the problem is because Patina head doesn't totally screw down on the Black body.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
My guess is the anodizing is preventing the flow of current if the patina head isn't tightened down... 🧐