Vector VEC192 is out of stock everywhere!

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's because the VEC192 was discontinued. I've been looking for one too and this was the only place that I could find it at:

http://www.autobarn.net/vespsp20mpos.html

I emailed them and they said that they didn't have it in stock and to contact them again about it in three weeks. I'm hoping that maybe they'll get more in, but I'm not betting on it.

stollman

Enlightened
I looked for this light back in Feb, and called over 20 retailers. As mentioned, when Back & Decker bought out Vector, they stopped making these last year. I picked one up on Ebay a couple of months ago, and they do show up periodically. You'll probably have to check every week. When they come up, they go FAST.

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Hmm, so I'm assuming there are no other dual halogen spotlights out there?

smopoim86

Enlightened
I remember seeing a ton of them at the Black&Decker close-out outlets. I would have gotten a few if I would have known. I was more interested in the VPX battery packs to harvest the A123systems 18650s.

Now i want one of those VEC192s to put a HID headlight kit in.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was more interested in the VPX battery packs to harvest the A123systems 18650s.

I've torn apart a couple those packs myself.Wish I could find some on sale.

Hmm, so I'm assuming there are no other dual halogen spotlights out there?

The last time I was in Cabela's(last fall)they had a dual bulb spotlight.But the reflector was so shallow that I'm sure it was all flood and no throw.I may be there tomorrow and will check to see if they still carry them.I don't see them on their website.

JulianP

Enlightened
Maybe it's time to look at other solutions, such as joining two HID spotlights onto one battery pack. Maybe tracking down 100W HID ballasts and bulbs, or convincing Luxim to sell their Light Emitting Plasma technology to us mortals.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, that is too much. I think they used to sell those at Lowe's for $39.95 and that seemed like a lot when I looked them over.

stollman

Enlightened
When they were selling for "new" last year, the cheapest I ever saw them listed was $80.00 plus shipping.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminds me how the Vector POB's could be had for less than $30 2 years ago but now sell for over $200!!!

It's almost like the stock market.Once the supply goes down the price goes up.

Mark my words-this time next year the Stanley HID's(available at most WalMarts in the USA) will be selling for over $200!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
When they were selling for "new" last year, the cheapest I ever saw them listed was $80.00 plus shipping.

A Vector for $80 + shipping? Now that would be a funny sight. But I guess if these things are no longer around and modders really want them, you can't really price stuff like that. Just funny to me though.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that the winner of the above auction is not a CPF member. Drat...I was *so* looking forward to another how-to article on another HID conversion of a Vector VEC192. :(

brmnuza

Newly Enlightened
I think I found an US source for the VEC192 for those like me that would like to mod it. I found the link below showing it for sale for $84.99.
I emailed them on Monday asking if the VEC192 20mil Power Spotlight was really available instock and they replied "This item is available for immediate shipment. How many do you want?? "

I ordered one today. I hope I have not jumped the gun posting this here and not waiting to see if its really true. Hopefully they have some old stock really available.

http://stores.advancedmunicipalsupplies.com/-strse-28/Portable-Emergency-Lighting/Detail.bok

sincerely,

brmnuza

stalseheins

Newly Enlightened
Vector VEC192 is out of stock everywhere

Hmm. That means Id have to take out those pins that hold the trigger mech parts together. And stake them back in, right?

aksrbest

brmnuza

Newly Enlightened
Well, my Vector VEC192 arrived as ordered today! Its charging as I write this. What a marvelous light to use for a build.

Those still looking for one might not want too wait to long to jump in.

Next step is to start the build. I'm probably going to follow in Stolman's footsteps. Thanks so much to him for revealling all the steps in detail.