Very difficult NOT to love AAA's these days.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of my aaa lights. Could not find them all in my ehm archive (ther are aaa lights everywhere in my house, in car, at work). Super throwy 3xaaa to super small to the super silly (direct driven 3xaaa xp-g princess light lol) . Got the princess light as a gift. Some friends gave it to me to mock my flashoholism. I just had to mod it to make their grim smile dissapera haha.
tmp_9159-IMG_20140928_122712-764654955_zps4c7376ef.jpg

The biggest problem with aaa is they are so darn easy to loose, and so hard to find when lost...

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I like the Xeno also and tend to switch off between my AAA and AA lights.

If we're talking 'keychain' lights, then yes, an AAA light like a Maglite Solitaire can be fine, or even those 'coin lights' that Battery Junction (and others) is giving away. I've got a little 4x357 button, 3 LED 'Chang Special' on my keychain and it's fine for most of my needs and at $2, it's no loss if I lose it.

Now, for an EDC pocket carry light, I just got a Xeno E03 in and it's a pretty smallish light that can run on any AA sized battery, so why not go this route with three times the capacity of a AAA and not a whole lot longer, or thicker? The outputs are greater, as well, even on alkalines vs. Li-Lion.

Chris

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Those lights came so close to meet my need.

The Beta is a bit long.

The RayusC01 only has one mode. Still, at that price I might get one for the tint.

Kamerat

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Those lights came so close to meet my need.

The Beta is a bit long.

The RayusC01 only has one mode. Still, at that price I might get one for the tint.

The Peak Eiger with QTC is nice (mule or small optic). Remember that you can always ask Vinh or someone else if they want to put in a Nichia 219 in your favorite light with favorite UI.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there mr yoyo,WOW awesome pic,fantastic family :thumbsup:there and on my fav classic 911 bonnet :)

Just dont drive off :eek:

:laughing:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L08 is another nice light that, unfortunately, won't work for me size wise. I wish it was shorter and, has a uniform dimension like the L10.

I am looking for something that is 2.75'' max in length. The shorter the better.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My next light will be a certain single-AAA model in Titanium.

These types of lights (Ti or otherwise) are simply fantastic. :)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The L08 is another nice light that, unfortunately, won't work for me size wise. I wish it was shorter and, has a uniform dimension like the L10.

I am looking for something that is 2.75'' max in length. The shorter the better.
That's why I don't have one - if I've got to put up with the larger diameter head, I might as well have the whole light to the same dimensions.

Love the L10, although I gave them all away and have to order some more, all the while wishing for an L08 without the bulbous head on it.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree these AAA lights are fantastic. 5 of mine are Ti: Tain Ottavino AAA twisty, McGizmo Sapphire, Foursevens P1 (with clickie from a P2), Foursevens Atom AO (the first run was in ti) and Klarus. The Tain is in my pocket everyday. The Klarus with an Energizer Lithium Primary is very light - like a feather. Stick in a li-ion 10440 and the output is impressive.

The aluminum lights are also light and it doesn't bother me when the finish wears or chips from use. The stainless AAA lights are solid and robust and are a good choice, IMO, for keychain duty.

I don't have the L3 Illumination L08, but I do have the L10 AA model with a Nichia 219A. Very good value - regulation, beam profile and tint are all nice.

feifei

Banned
Love AAA battery flashlight,I use mine on mine keychain,and didn't change battery for ovr two months,of course ,only use it for a few minutes everyday.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
kaichu dento said:
davidt1 said:
I wish it was shorter and, has a uniform dimension like the L10.

That's why I don't have one - if I've got to put up with the larger diameter head, I might as well have the whole light to the same dimensions

So not just if the head were smaller, but even if they had merely increased the thickness of the body to match the head diameter, you might be interested? Uniformity at the expense of increased overall volume in the latter.

I actually like it. As a free floating pocket carrier it makes for quicker orientation by touch.

turkeylord

Enlightened

http://www.illumn.com/foursevens-preon-p2-high-cri-edition-neutral-white-black.html
plus
http://www.illumn.com/foursevens-preon-body-black.html
and optionally
http://www.illumn.com/foursevens-preon-tailcap-black.html

Or, the Preon head will fit on a Maratac body for the ultimate shortness. I have a 219B Preon pill in my Maratac AAA Cu body. :grin2: