Very difficult NOT to love AAA's these days.

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened
Fyi I just received a Thrunite Ti3 titanium from Amazon without next mode memory. Always starts on firefly. I also got a Glaree E03 which is nice and the mode order is LMH without memory. But low is way brighter than the 0.1 lumens in the description. Low is about as bright as low on a Lumintop. The driver also looks just like a Lumintop from the back.

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened
thats great to hear
confusing, because Vemice bought from the same seller.

I hate conflicting reports on the same subject..

Enjoy you Ti!

Interesting. I actually bought two and returned one with particularly gritty threads and yellow tint. Neither had NMM though. I wonder if they accidentally used the wrong driver on some units?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found Munky Spunk to be really good at getting rid of the gritty Ti galling

yellow tint sounds like maybe you got a Neutral White..
Ive been amazed how yellow those can be in other lights
have not tried the Thrunite version

thanks for the info

archimedes

Flashaholic
Simply because a manufacturer has chosen to use a "clever" product name doesn't mean that inappropriate and graphic posts are necessary :rolleyes:

Keeping the atmosphere here relatively clean is appreciated by many.

Thanks for your understanding.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the latest beamshots jon posted, and the size comparisons, I really wish the Luxeon TX didn't have such a different footprint compared to the more popular flashlight emitters.

I'd love a little single mode twisty like the i3e, but with a 4000-4500K high CRI emitter.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love a little single mode twisty like the i3e, but with a 4000-4500K high CRI emitter.

You might have to make some compromises...

I found you Two lights smaller than the i3e, but they have 2 modes, found 2 single mode lights but they are not the CCT you asked for, and not as small as the i3e:

McGizmo Sapphire - 71.4mm, High CRI Yuji, 7 lumens, 5600k CCT (same as a Sofirn C01, which is nla)

Sofirn C01- 71.8mm, High CRI Yuji, 7 lumens, 3200k or 5600k CCT. I love the no hotspot aspheric Yuji beam, but these lights are only good at close range out to about 5'

Sofirn C01s -71.8mm High CRI 4000k, 2 mode 100/3 lm, have not tried it, photos show hotspot and spill beam

I3e - 60.5 mm, low CRI luxeon, 110 lumens, wide hotspot, almost no spill

DQG Tiny - 57.4 mm, High CRI, 2 mode 56/3lm I do not know the CCT, have not tried one, photos show hotspot and spill beam

Atom A0 - 55.9 mm, High CRI, .24/25 lm Hard to find, there is a Nichia version, not sure of the CCT. Personally I dont like a mule beam because if I tailstand it while sitting on a table, the sidelight stabs me in the eye (I prefer an aspheric beam)

Vemice

Enlightened
Don has the Sapphire also available in 3200K. I call it elegant simplicity.
Peak is no slouch either.

nRDpCALl.jpg

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might have to make some compromises...

I found you Two lights smaller than the i3e, but they have 2 modes, found 2 single mode lights but they are not the CCT you asked for, and not as small as the i3e:

I might have to consider the DQG tiny. 2-mode high/low is probably acceptable for the specific use I'm thinking of, and it's roughly as small as the i3E.

I'm already considering the Sofirn C01s, but it's noticeably larger.

I have and really like several of the original C01, but they aren't bright enough for inspection purposes at work. The same applies to the Sapphire, in addition to price (although I'd certainly love to have one).

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see Peak still getting some attention on here :)

Just got my first Peak. Not at all impressed with the QTC. Not so much the flickering but I don't like having to screw the head down so dang tight! But the build quality is great and if its as durable as they claim it'll be a great BOB light.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
another small 2 mode, also not easy to find
63.8mm
vollsion sp11
I love mine. Only thing is you got to keep the threads clean, or it might flicker a little. And i have not found a 10440 cell that fits. Problem is i cant turn it off with a 10440. it's a head tight for off, loosen for lo, loosen more for high ui. Got a warm white xm-l hi in mine.

[FONT=&quot]
y5hf5PL.jpg

[/FONT]

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just got my first Peak. Not at all impressed with the QTC. Not so much the flickering but I don't like having to screw the head down so dang tight! But the build quality is great and if its as durable as they claim it'll be a great BOB light.

I like their offerings, but never bought any of their QTC models due to those two reasons.

Sos24

Enlightened
I just got a Lumintop EDC01. I'm really liking the beam profile and 3 levels. I'm not sure I like the coming on at high.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
So ironic to me, that I joined CPF as a AAA-only user, and now never carry any of them.

Slowly having my AAA collection dwindle, I even let my Steve Ku LF2XT go a couple years ago and now also planning on getting rid of my titanium Tain. Thought they were both such great lights but now find myself carrying nothing but a pair of HDS Rotaries and my copper Muyshondt Maus.
One that I'll never get rid of though, is my last remaining Arc AAA. :candle:

longuylander

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Lumintop EDC01. I'm really liking the beam profile and 3 levels. I'm not sure I like the coming on at high.

I got one a few weeks ago, but mine actually has memory! I leave it in low mode, and when I turn it on again, it's still in low mode. It will cycle to high, then medium, then back to low. Am I the only one who got one with memory?

Coppet

Newly Enlightened
In the German Flashlight Forum someone also reported that his new Lumintop Tool, the new version with Osram LED and TIR optics, is equipped with ModeMemory although there was nothing about it in the product description.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I had one of them and it came on at medium but does have mode memory. The problem I had is that if you leave the diffuser on it the top come unscrewed very easily in your pocket and mine got lost. I replaced it with a lumintop tool and every once in awhile it comes on in my pocket (rear clicky switch). So far it has held up. One thing that is interesting is when the battery is low high becomes a second medium mode.