Very limited diffuse reflector going on sale

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first photo show two High Noons next to each other. The one on the left is the standard reflector, and on the right the semi-diffuse. They are about 6 feet from the door. I adjusted the settings just so you could see the difference in hot spot size. The last photo is a High Noon at the same distance with the old diffuse reflector. No hot spot at all.

img-1613.jpg
img-1614.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
God that old diffuse reflector is close enough to being a mule. That is beautiful.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old diffuse "reflector" was more like an aspheric, just a completely even cone of light. Kinda like a Sundrop if you've had one. So muley...but with a tighter angle.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
These reflectors would be perfect for the R9080 LEDs especially the sw40 which I need diffusion film on the lens to be happy with it, the sw45k has a much less obvious egg yolk which I can live with.
Obviously the interest level and expense aren't in favour of this reflector but it'd be nice if they were an ongoing option.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a few pictures taken in a dark room. The light was left on in burst mode (40 seconds) then I turned it off.
Next to the light are 2 yellow 1.5mm x 6mm vials for a comparison of brightness.
1st photo is just after turning off the light, then the next is 1 hour later, then 2 hours later, then 3 hours later.
img-1615.jpg

img-1616.jpg

img-1618.jpg

img-1625.jpg

4 hours later...
img-1626.jpg

5 hours later... if you have fully dark adapted vision, you can still see it.

img-1627.jpg

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So 2-3 hours and you can still see enough to locate the light. Nice. I have key fobs that are made with gid powder mixed with epoxy they glow enough to see them for quite a while. 5-6 hours.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sold out in 2 minutes. Will have to give a couple refunds, so until you get the confirmation e-mail, hold your breath.

Latest posts