Views Of Fenix TK10 As A Tactical Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithp

Newly Enlightened
I'm an LEO and have done some time in the military. It has been my experience that most "Tactical" situations prefer the absence of light and not it's presence.
So for the brief moment that light is required any light will do. (and yes I am aware of the need for blinding light at times during tactical situations as I have personally benefited from it)

meuge

Enlightened
Fair enough, but which part of the analogy is not valid?
The part where you compare a flashlight to a moon rover.

A better analogy would be Toyota offering a Humvee replacement. They were already good at making off-road vehicles before, but suddenly they decided to foray into ones designed for military service. Certainly there are further criteria that these vehicles would have to meet, to be certified for service, but there is nothing that INHERENTLY prevents them from being suitable, other than the distrust by the people doing the ordering.

gary3911

Newly Enlightened
Fenix don't have rechargeable products.

You're right. They don't have wheels either.

Meuge:

Touche. You are correct, although there is no reason a golf cart company can't bid to make a Lunar exloration vehicle, given that this is already a ludicrous debate.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feenix are a company that manufactures golf buggies, they're fast, rechargeable and available in a variety of colours.

All of a sudden, they announce that they also manufacture moon buggies for extra-terrestrial exploration.

Now we're in space? :) Last I checked making a flashlight for tactical use didn't compare to transforming a golf cart into a lunar rover. A better analogy would be taking a golf cart and transfer it into a SWAT team equipment carrier or something.

I think if someone hasn't tried the TK10 and used it, they can only speculate so much.

I don't really understand the point of this topic to begin with, the OP mentions "I am not in the market for a "tactical light" such as the TK10 purports to be, because I don't actually need one. I do not kick down doors at work, or wrestle with crack-heads or point pistols at insurgents."

Last edited:

greenstuffs

Banned
Well not really you left out Lumapower, Tiablo, Edgetac they all seem to make lights with a cookie cutter.

Touche. You are correct, although there is no reason a golf cart company can't bid to make a Lunar exloration vehicle, given that this is already a ludicrous debate.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
for the most part, analogies cause more confusion then they help to clear. I made that mistake once, PM from a moderator set me right, and im passing on the knowledge..:)

Crenshaw

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see how it benefits CPF to have someone bad mouth a product and company based on speculation and no real proof or evidence to back up their claims. If someone owns a product and gives their opinion that's one thing, but to trash something you don't even own or have experience with just seems like trolling to me. Especially when one admits they have no interest in the product to begin with.

Last edited:

gary3911

Newly Enlightened
Can I just underscore here, that I am not the OP here as such, and I did not start this topic. The first post of this thread is a reply in another thread that was moved here and made into a first post.

In any case, I'm finished with this, as it has become entirely pointless and (due in part to myself) descended into absurdity.

Those who think that the TK10 is evidence that Fenix is now a serious player in the high-end lights market: Good on you.

Those that don't: Good on you too.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey gary,if it matters, you got my respect back..:thumbsup:

agreeing to disagree is the best way to resolve arguements...

Crenshaw

Empath

Flashaholic
Closed due to irreconcilable differences.

The topic was hit on a few times, some worthy comments were produced and some not-so-worthy comments were produced. I suppose that was the best we could muster at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.