Wallet for front pocket carry?

afultz075

Newly Enlightened
All my life I have absolutely hated carrying anything in my back pants pocket, save a couple tissues or something like that, and I have always found wallets for the back pocket extremely noticeable when sitting down.

This has restricted me to money clips and the like seeing that most normal sized wallets can't be carried comfortably in the front pockets. This has never been a huge problem however because I only need to carry ID, a couple cards, and not a real large amount of money normally to get by. I've been using a leather money clip that has a small magnetic flap, an ID slot, and a credit card slot. My only gripes about this is that I worry that the magnetic clip will have a detrimental affect on the magnetic strip of my debit card, ID, and the like. As well as the fact that you money is exposed and the magnetic clip is not strong enough to hold a wad of cash more than 4 or so bills folded.

Anyone else here a front pocket carrier? I've been looking at the Victorinox Nico which is designed for front pocket carry, but i'm open to just about anything.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mostly carry things in my front pocket as well. I use a small business card carrier with an id window and a very thin and strong Titanium money clip. The Ti clip has not deformed no matter what I have put in it.

Unforgiven

Chris201W

Enlightened
I'm with you as far as carrying a wallet in the back pocket. I don't have any problem carrying a trifold leather wallet in my front pocket, though, so I guess I can't be of much help to you.

mspeterson

Enlightened
check out the "mission wallet" @ www.bladeart.com

cliff, that just may be the coolest wallet type thing/pocket organizer i've ever seen.... now how 'bout electric blue frogskin.....thanks for sharing!

drizzle

Enlightened
Chris201W said:
I'm with you as far as carrying a wallet in the back pocket. I don't have any problem carrying a trifold leather wallet in my front pocket, though, so I guess I can't be of much help to you.
Ditto here. It neatly carries the cards and cash and folds up small enough to fit easily. YMMV

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out all-ett.com and search in this forum for a thin wallet thread.

I hadn't carried a wallet for over 20 years, b/c like you, I couldn't stand the bulk and buldge in my pocket. I've got a JR and love it. I sometimes touch my rear pocket just to make sure that it's still there.

Raven

Enlightened
I've been carrying my wallet in my left front pants pocket my entire adult life.

It's a no brainer, as far as I'm concerned :D

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Right front pocket for me ... with all the problems the OP mentioned.
Thanx for the suggestions, guys!
bernie

guyg

Newly Enlightened
I've always carried my money separate from my wallet.If you lose one, you dont lose the other. I'm using a nylon trifold found at Walmart and a money clip in the other pocket. I also dont have alot of other things in my front pockets. Small change and house keys in the money pocket and nothing with my wallet.Knife clipped to the pocket and car keys on a belt loop.

Biker Bear

Enlightened
The Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Sprawl
Wow... so cool to find other people who think sitting on one's wallet is a daft idea! I have to wonder how many men (especially the ones with thick wallets crammed full of stuff) suffer back problems from sitting with their spine out of alignment because of the dratted wallet!

I have a trifold leather wallet I carry in my front right pocket; it's got a chain to a leather loop that goes around my belt. Works great for me!

Wega

Newly Enlightened
I am happy with my JR from all-ett.com
I tried severel other "slim" wallets. They all failed for several reasons. After one year, the JR is still like new and I would (will) definately buy another one.
Before buying the all-ett I bought a front pocket wallet which was shaped to fit exactly in the front pocket of a typical jeans. Nice shape, but it was made of relatively thick leather. It´s in my drawer now and will never see sunlight again......
Imho the wallets from all-ett are the thinnest you can get.
(No, I did not get paid for writing this :)

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
I went the cheap route and made my own duct tape wallet. I have yet to find a wallet smaller than mine. For comparison, it's just a tad wider, a tad shorter, and a bit thinner (fully loaded) than a Moto Razr.

rfwjr

Newly Enlightened
I abandoned the back pocket wallet about 25 years ago and never went back.

Latest posts