Want a new Light

ghostrider

Enlightened
Hello all.
I don't get on much anymore and with limited internet access it's even more difficult.

I'm hoping you can help me select a new flashlight for walking home from work at night.

I like the 6P form factor, and currently use mine with a A19 extender and the P91 LA.

What I want is something with a dual mode momentary tailcap that uses a LED (Something that works like the L1 did with partially press in for low, and all the way in for high).

I wanted to use my current 6P w/extender, but it doesn't sound like thats doable. Things I like about the 9P/6P are that I can utilize the SF lanyard ring at the tail cap, and the crenulated bezel that I bought from it from Lighthound. I use the lanyard ring and the bezel as a retainer for the lanyard that I use to hold it to my belt, so it would be nice to be able to continue using those. I also like the size.

This light will be used for mainly lighting my way home (low setting), but also want the momentary high setting in case of emergency. I'm on a tight budget, so I don't want to spend any more than I have to. However, I also understand that good lights do cost money.

I appreciate any help you can provide in recomending a light or pointing me in the right dirrection as I don't get a lot of time to surf the web.

Thanks in advance.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the best bet is to find a used Surefire LX2 Lumamax. If you can spend a little more, check out the Surefire EB2 Tactical which also has the switch type you recommend.

ghostrider

Enlightened
So is there anyone who makes a light with that kind of switch, or is the EB2 the only one out there?

MBentz

Enlightened
What about a Malkoff M361-LMH Low-Med-High to Fit SureFire? I'm unaware of a dual stage tail cap for a P60 host. Most manufactures use either rapid presses of the switch, or head turning to control how much light gets emitted.

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page
Why has my link been removed? - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
So is there anyone who makes a light with that kind of switch, or is the EB2 the only one out there?

The Surefire EB2, EB1, and LX2 are the only models I'm aware of that are currently in production that have the two stage switch you seek.