Want to ask a question to an official ENELOOP technician? Please post them

ChibiM

Enlightened
About 2/3 of all the questions asked and answered... will have to write them all down, and post them on the eneloop101.com site.

Kurt_Woloch

Enlightened
Sorry for asking (and for reviving this thread), but it has now been 2 weeks since your meeting with the Eneloop technician... I'm checking your Eneloop101.com site regularly now, but I can't find any evidence of our questions having been answered. So I'd like to know if there will be a dedicated section to that, or if they have been worked into the FAQ there. Right now it seems hard for me to find the answer for the question I've asked. So if you have already posted those answers, where did you put them?

About 2/3 of all the questions asked and answered... will have to write them all down, and post them on the eneloop101.com site.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for asking (and for reviving this thread), but it has now been 2 weeks since your meeting with the Eneloop technician... I'm checking your Eneloop101.com site regularly now, but I can't find any evidence of our questions having been answered. So I'd like to know if there will be a dedicated section to that, or if they have been worked into the FAQ there. Right now it seems hard for me to find the answer for the question I've asked. So if you have already posted those answers, where did you put them?

Yeah, he's still active daily on this and the BLF forums, but he's not responding to inquiries about the Eneloop questions. Strange.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Hey,

What do you mean? I havent responded to inquiries about the eneloop questions? Kurt is the first person who asks ;p

The day I had the meeting was the last day of the people before their holidays. I told them I would like to let them check the questions and answers Before I post them online. I hope to be getting the OK sign, any day.

Also I won't be posting the answers separately to each question on the different forums, and haven't decided if I will make a separate page or just sprinkle them into the FAQ and Charge page. Also about 2/3 have been asked and answered, so there is a possibility I don't have your questions answered.

When I get the OK sign, I will post it here, BLF, facebook and reddit when and where I post them online!

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, cool. I was actually referring to your BLF thread where it seemed strange you gave the impression you were ready to post them soon, but then went dark despite a couple of queries about it over the past couple of weeks. I thought they might have been axed, due to something with Panasonic. Good to know it's still in the works.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Oops, I missed those updates.

It's all good! I missed the updates in that thread. Probably just a few more days before I can post them.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Well, still haven't heard back. I'll try to get in touch with them this week to see when it will be possible to get the answers back.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Still no luck.. still waiting for them to review the Q+A I sent them. Hopefully they'll reply before too long

edit: without bumping the thread, still no answer as of today, August 25.

Last edited:

J888www

Newly Enlightened
It may be difficult to actually find an Official ENELOOP technician. Maybe ask a question to an Official Fujitsu LSD Battery Technician will be more correct.

ENELOOP are very good LSD batteries but take note of Fujitsu Pro Black Rechargeable batteries......it's a Japanese "Thing" that makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
Again, this post of yours feels more like a rant, but why? And what about BLF? This is CPF!

I don't think it will be helpful to reply to this post, but we'll see where this goes.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, it's been 2 months since the questions were asked and answered. Any chance of them being posted? If you're waiting on someone to give the go-ahead, I'm seriously doubting you'll ever get it at this point. Will you post them anyway?

markr6

Flashaholic
Hmmm, it's been 2 months since the questions were asked and answered. Any chance of them being posted? If you're waiting on someone to give the go-ahead, I'm seriously doubting you'll ever get it at this point. Will you post them anyway?

If they didn't want them posted publicly, why would they give the "interview" in the first place? Did they think one person was going to just use this info for themselves? I guess that's possible, but I think they would have had to suspect some sharing.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they didn't want them posted publicly, why would they give the "interview" in the first place? Did they think one person was going to just use this info for themselves? I guess that's possible, but I think they would have had to suspect some sharing.

Here's my complete guess as to what's going on:

Panasonic gave the interview to Chibim, and figured that was it.
Chibim wanted review & approval, so e-mailed Panasonic again.
Panasonic doesn't want to spend any more time on this, and so is ignoring him.

Having worked for large tech companies, I know that while it's nice to help out someone from the public, it's not your core job so patience can run out very quickly. I suspect Panasonic is fine with posting the Q&A, but doesn't want to spend any more time with him. Or, possibly Chibim's contact forwarded his Q&A approval to someone else in the company, and that person simply doesn't want to bother with it.

He might hear back eventually, but after 2 months, it's getting less likely.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Speaking of the devil ;) I just now received their response :D

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
I'll go through them and decide where they fit best on the website...thanks

Last edited:

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ChiibiM Please have the courtesy to also post the answers here, considering that the questions were solicited and posted here.

ChibiM

Enlightened
edit... deleted the email I copied onto the page without looking at the details..

Last edited:

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you get any info on their technical background? Some of the answers seem to reflect limited knowledge of battery electrochemistry. Presumably they were not "Japanese developers" considering the remark "This has also been passed on to our Japanese developers, and we hope that they will also go deeper into this issue" in Q18. I was hoping we might learn some deeper technical details, but there is little in that regard. But probably for that you need direct access to the developers (scientists).

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
Hey Gauss,
I was a little too quick to post it online, because it was a copy and paste from the email... you could have understood the question and answer were in Dutch ;)
Busy now, but will edit it soon.