• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Ti PD Mules **SOLD**

easilyled

Flashaholic
Anyone know if there is the usual tritium in the piston?
Also are the mule heads interchangeable with other PD bodies?

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woo Hoo! Recieved the good news email.
Don, I am waiting to send Paypal because in the first post you said the price on these is $405, shipping and any insurance is additional. Waiting for total with shipping.
Thanks Don.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aside from cropping, this is an unedited photo I took this past weekend (really!). I took it as a sign on the Mules! :)

lvgizmo.jpg

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
As is, there is some light loss due to the LED being recessed a bit in the head. I plan to further explore possible means of releasing this light but I won't recommend anything that brings this light out in any concentrated form that would add hot spots or artifacts to the present beam distribution.

Maybe the LE just needs to be closer to the window.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Maybe the LE just needs to be closer to the window.

But the closer to the window you get, it starts to turn into a "candle mode", where you can't look at the light without "seeing the light". It looks like, if the LED came any closer to the window, that you'd start to lose the ability to direct the light. :shrug:

john

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Don,
As you stated in the original post, I did notread the entire post! :stupid:

Let me know how much shipping is and I'll send additional to the $405. Thanks! :crazy:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Anyone know if there is the usual tritium in the piston?
Also are the mule heads interchangeable with other PD bodies?

Yes, there is a H3 vial in the piston; something I forgot to mention. The head should work on the other PD paks as well as the single CR123 C pak.

Greenlight,
The LED is as close to the window as I was comfortable placing it. I also minimized the amount of head depth forward of the window by going with a retaining O-ring instead of a deeper bezel ring. The light that is lost here is light lost in transmision through the sapphire window* as well as the light that is projected from the LED in the far off angle region. An advantage to the cree is with its narrower viewing angle (compared to a lambertian distribution) this far off angle light is not as much. If that light can be redirected and dispersed evenly within the present beam then it is worth looking at and evaluating, IMHO. I plan to try some ideas and measure the results in my integrating sphere using the same mule with and without additional reflective material. My primary interest here is really for understanding the differences as they will relate to fixed lighting applications. In the case of the mule, I doubt any improvement would be significant to the point of being noticible in real use. Instead of guessing though, I would like to get some measurements. :shrug:

* From what I have read about sapphire, the loss occurs at the surfaces of the window and its thickness has little to do with loss. The mule has a 2 mm window which is relatively quite thick and beefy considering the small diameter.

Back to this wave........

Those of you who caught it have been notified of such but that notification was not the notification of postage. Some have received an additional e-mail regarding postage and in those, the subject line identifies the total amount. I have refunded some overpayments to those who have paid prematurely. I had planned to complete the packing of all of the lights last night while I had the DVD, "Who killed the electric car?" playing in the background. Although I had a feel for the story from Darell and others, I got sucked into the film completely and got zero work done. :green: My bad! Boy! There is a subject that will steal your smile! :(

So I will get back to it and all of the lights will get to the post office today and headed out to you.

Thanks!

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those of you who caught it have been notified of such but that notification was not the notification of postage. Some have received an additional e-mail regarding postage and in those, the subject line identifies the total amount. I have refunded some overpayments to those who have paid prematurely.

Don, I am one of the dummies that negleted to read the simple directions you posted and sent a PayPal which was short on funds for the shipping after recieving the first Email notification. Those funds were not refunded. Would you rather refund and I send the correct total amount? Or just send a Paypal for the balance I owe you? Don`t want to goof up the works for you twice so let me know your preference please.

Thank you,
Ken