• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Ti PD Mules **SOLD**

dede

Newly Enlightened
This design is splendid, but will not it need to be produced anymore?:confused:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
This design is splendid, but will not it need to be produced anymore?:confused:

Thanks.

I like the PD Mule quite a bit but I can only do so many light programs and others have taken priority. Besides that, I think a new 3 speed SunDrop I am working on has more merit than the PD Mule. Time will tell......

Edwood

Enlightened
Thanks.

I like the PD Mule quite a bit but I can only do so many light programs and others have taken priority. Besides that, I think a new 3 speed SunDrop I am working on has more merit than the PD Mule. Time will tell......

Yes, and the Nichia 083 LED in the Sundrop is a much better looking light. :)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
3SSD? Cool ... What's the UI? And please don't say words like "Strobe" and "SOS" and "multi-click" ... :D

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks.

The world awaits a SunDrop-PD! :D

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I had composed a long post describing the 3 speed which of course would be in answer to questions raised here but certainly not on the topic of this thread. As chance would have it, the server was too busy and I hadn't copied the post to my clip board. I will take that as a sign that I should wait until I have production 3 speed converters in hand and launch the next wave of SunDrops. In brief, the new SunDrop 3S will look exactly like the present ones. The difference resides within the light engine where the 3S converter replaces the existing NG or SOB converters. The SunDrop 3S is not a PD.

As to the UI, it is the simplest and most straight forward (my perception) that I have encountered so far. More later when we have got past mere vapor......

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
:goodjob::clap::clap: get to work

I had composed a long post describing the 3 speed which of course would be in answer to questions raised here but certainly not on the topic of this thread. As chance would have it, the server was too busy and I hadn't copied the post to my clip board. I will take that as a sign that I should wait until I have production 3 speed converters in hand and launch the next wave of SunDrops. In brief, the new SunDrop 3S will look exactly like the present ones. The difference resides within the light engine where the 3S converter replaces the existing NG or SOB converters. The SunDrop 3S is not a PD.

As to the UI, it is the simplest and most straight forward (my perception) that I have encountered so far. More later when we have got past mere vapor......

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
That´s some Re-animator poop........ ;) (who did I just quote?)

I just acquired a Ti PD Mule...... It was one of the very few lights I really regret selling back in 2008. This one was upgraded by DaFABRICATA with a nice 4000k XM-L2 and a brass disc to cover the wires and so on.

So here are my questions:
- I don´t remember if I can use a LiOn rechargeable in these (stock driver) or battery only. => answered, Yes it can.
- How do I remove the piston? I might anodize and stonewash the body and want to leave both head and piston stock for a nice contrast.

Thanks in advance
Eric

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
That´s some Re-animator poop........ ;) (who did I just quote?)

I just acquired a Ti PD Mule...... It was one of the very few lights I really regret selling back in 2008. This one was upgraded by DaFABRICATA with a nice 4000k XM-L2 and a brass disc to cover the wires and so
Eric

Do you have any pictures of the disc? That sounds awesome!

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you go..... brass disc, XM-L2 and blue o-rings:

mulebrass.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
- How do I remove the piston? I might anodize and stonewash the body and want to leave both head and piston stock for a nice contrast.

Thanks in advance
Eric

The piston will push out the front end. You just want to be careful on removal and re-insertion to twist and push as the O-ring on the piston slips by the threads.