• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Ti PD Mules **SOLD**

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that you have your Mizer Mule, bernie, care to add standard, beefy, and lean to the FAQ?:poke::crackup:

Fringe

Enlightened
Codeman,
Thanks for the link and yes, the wide bottom moniker is missleading, we should crisen it wide bezel.

Rudi

Enlightened
The only problem is that it, just like all the other Ti-Heads, won't be able to turn on high mode on the III-T body. That would have been a killer combo !!
:D
bernie

Why won't it turn on high mode on the III-T body?
I asked Don whether my III-T was a suitable host for the Mule head and he said yes without any qualifications.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Rudi,
If I made that statement then I made it in error; either I wasn't thinking or misread the question. Sorry! The original Ti twisty paks have the "contact shoulder" just a tiny bit too deep for the contact ring to make contact with. You will find the head bottoms out on the pack prior to getting into "high". A modification of adding some solder lumps on the contact ring or a male/ female shim that went between the converter and the head to elevate the converter and contact ring could be employed as a fix.

On one hand we now have some folks interested in the C pak because of is extended length over the PD pak and on the other hand some like the slightly shorter and simple twisty pak for the Mule. :shrug:

Sable

Enlightened
I think the Mule would be too small for my already-dainty hands...but I am extraordinarily interested in the Ultraflood light distribution - I think there might be something to the 2x123 or C-pack Mules...

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
>>The original Ti twisty paks

*cough*cough* Don should really really think about doing another run of these. *cough*cough*

I know someone who might be in for one. :whistle:

And you Mule guys might like to purchase a Ti Twisty pack for added flavor!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Mine works perfectly on the C-Pack. No problemo.

Cody ... :nana: ... gimme a pic of the three variations with your name for them and we shall do so :D

Mizer is plenty bright indoors. Plenty bright. This light is truly a different experience. One has to see to understand ... :9

bernie

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking: :shrug: Humm.... I don't know what is going on here. I cleverly don't even have a single C pak so I can't even check this out! :ohgeez:

I just swapped heads between my Mule and my XR19-C. The Mule works fine on both levels using my 1x123 C pack, and the XR19 head works fine on the Mule PD pack. That doesn't help Groundhog66, but it rules out any design issues, tolerance stacks notwithstanding.

Rudi

Enlightened
Thanks for the clarification Don.

Rudi,
If I made that statement then I made it in error; either I wasn't thinking or misread the question. Sorry! The original Ti twisty paks have the "contact shoulder" just a tiny bit too deep for the contact ring to make contact with. You will find the head bottoms out on the pack prior to getting into "high". A modification of adding some solder lumps on the contact ring or a male/ female shim that went between the converter and the head to elevate the converter and contact ring could be employed as a fix.

On one hand we now have some folks interested in the C pak because of is extended length over the PD pak and on the other hand some like the slightly shorter and simple twisty pak for the Mule. :shrug:

awtyd,

You can't just drop a bomb like that and not explain to us newbies. Please, what is a wide tail? :thinking:

Thanks, Ken

Here's another shot I just took:

Original Ti PD on the left (my main EDC), Ti PD-S in the middle, Ti PD Mule on the right. Note the chamfer angle on PD-S and the Mule. It's less angle, hence more "beef" along the edge. That's what I meant by a "wide tail."

TiPDTailVariations.jpg

KenAnderson

Enlightened

Original Ti PD on the left (my main EDC), Ti PD-S in the middle, Ti PD Mule on the right. Note the chamfer angle on PD-S and the Mule. It's less angle, hence more "beef" along the edge. That's what I meant by a "wide tail."

Thanks arewethereyetdad,

Good to see the differences. I believe my Mule would match yours pretty close.

Ken

Groundhog66

Banned
:thinking: :shrug: Humm.... I don't know what is going on here. I cleverly don't even have a single C pak so I can't even check this out! :ohgeez:

It works, but something weird happened. When I turned it on, it just blinked and went right off again. I tried it again and got NOTHING :eek:

Thought I fried the head, that's not good. Changed the battery and it worked, not sure why the battery would just blow up like that???

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

TiPDTailVariations.jpg

I was on the phone today with AWTYD, we came up with a name for the "wide tail" mules. Donkeys. :tinfoil:

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long did this wave actually last, from the initial sale post
until the last successful buyer sent his email?

Will there be any more waves or was this it?

Last edited:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,
The first wave is now all gone and spoken for. There will be at least one more wave of these but I don't know when yet and I will be very curious as to what those of you who caught one, think of it!?! :thinking:

Thanks and sorry for those of you who missed it this time. :eek:

AndyTiedye, Don`s answer to your question of there being more Mules and it appears to be a YES! :twothumbs

Best of luck to you catching the next wave! :)

Ken