Weaponlight Collection

Makarov

Enlightened
Thanks for the fast reply Size :D
So no chance this is a knockoff light then?

As I understand it the light fit the USP compact(in 9mm), it's just too long for the shorter frame.
Just realized that I had a MMS photo of the light on the gun:

motorwerks

Newly Enlightened
got a new weapon. Glock 21C.

dsc0794.jpg

dsc0795p.jpg

dsc0798z.jpg

dsc0801l.jpg

dsc0802g.jpg

WTF are these Bodies, I cant find them anyplace on the Surefire website. :eek:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTF are these Bodies, I cant find them anyplace on the Surefire website. :eek:

Discontinued Millennium Series Handgun Weaponlights.
M103/M111...several other models

They sometimes show up on eBay and rarely in the marketplace here on CPF.

If you are looking for one, try contacting member 1WRX7 as I think he has one he might part with.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks for the fast reply Size :D
So no chance this is a knockoff light then?

As I understand it the light fit the USP compact(in 9mm), it's just too long for the shorter frame.
Just realized that I had a MMS photo of the light on the gun:
SureFire's description does not mention that it fits the Compact. Which fits with it not fitting the Compact. In fact, the Nitrolon (P-Series), Millennium (M-Series) and Military (W-Series) versions do specifically state they are not for the Compact.

It is a genuine SureFire WeaponLight back from the days before branding. Back then there was only SureFire/Laser Products!

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire handgun WeaponLights

Classic - inline batteries, either one or two cells.
Nitrolon (P-Series) - Polymer two-SF123A (side-by-side).
Millennium (M-Series) - three-SF123A (side-by-side-by-side).
Military (W-Series) - two-SF123A (side-by-side).

Note that the collection of photos shows a Nitrolon (P-Series) with a BeamFilter, and three photos of a Millennium (M-Series) model.
It does not show a Military (W-Series) model.

Al

shipwreck

Enlightened
A PS90 and MSAR AUG - with Inova XO lights.

Both also have XPS EOtechs and the PS90 has a Lasermax Unimax in front of the Eotech.

ps90-laser2.jpg

msar5.jpg

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
A PS90 and MSAR AUG - with Inova XO lights.

Both also have XPS EOtechs and the PS90 has a Lasermax Unimax in front of the Eotech.

ps90-laser2.jpg

msar5.jpg

I noticed you mounted your front Magpul BUIS backwards. I had to think about that a little haha. But I guess that works. it shouldnt affect zero.

That is a lot of stuff to cram on that small rail. Very nice. I suggest a modification. I only have a Tokyo Marui Airsoft P90 so i dont know if it will translate well over to the PS90. But I hate mouting lights on the upper side rails. tape switches are kinda annoying. i mounted a small rail right where you mounted your tape switch. But on the other side. Then I can mount anything on there and activate it with my thumb.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Yes, others have mounted the front Magpul sight backwards for the front sight - on an AUG. Yes, with the small rail real estate, its a must have.

As for the PS90 - I just added the Unimax laser a few weeks ago. I prev had a 511 EOtech for over 3.5 years. I got the XPS on the MSAR, and I decided to just standardize both guns, so I could keep just 1 battery size.

Plus, the battery life on the XPS is better, and the XPS is smaller than the N battery sized 511.

I played with the pressure switch for 2 weeks - placing it all over with painters tape, until I decided where I wanted it permanently.

There is no real way to mount a rail in the polymer stock without messing it up possibly, and also destroying the warranty. There is a TDI rail that can be mounted in that block depression of the metal receiver, but it requires drilling a hole all the way thru the receiver. And, that would still be high for a pressure switch. There is really no other solution.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Very nice weapon. If I didn't have the PS90 and all the stuff that goes along with it, I may have taken a look at getting a Kriss.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my Surefire P111 Pistol weaponlight. I bored out the light to fit every P60 drop-in and now I can fit and use any P60 drop-in. Yes, LED or Incandescent drop-ins it uses them both.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

P5170030.jpg

P5170026.jpg

Note: For LED lights with normal polarity I put the cell or cells backwards and it works perfect. For Incandescent lamps I put them normally.
P5170025.jpg

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like you are using a spacer? inbetween the black cell and the light contact?

It is a dummy CR123. Some of my LED P60 drop-ins are rated 3~4.2v, thus I need a spacer. For my other LED P60 drop-ins that allow up to 8.4V I use 2 IMR 16340's but with the cell facing backwards due to the reverse polarity issues this P111 has.:thumbsup:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no real way to mount a rail in the polymer stock without messing it up possibly, and also destroying the warranty. There is a TDI rail that can be mounted in that block depression of the metal receiver, but it requires drilling a hole all the way thru the receiver. And, that would still be high for a pressure switch. There is really no other solution.

Here is my airsoft version. I had earlier relocated the rails to the postion you mentioned for the TDI rail. Just remove the stock rails. map out the holes needed and drill them out. then screw the rails in that location. the only problem is that the rails now sit closer to the reciever and makes mounting a slight issue. only certain things can mount there. like my Scoutlight body.

p1000066a.jpg

p1000064a.jpg

Here you can see the rail. I drilled into the lower reciever and screwed it in.

p1000068s.jpg

shipwreck

Enlightened
Well, drilling the receiver on the real one will kill the warranty. FN is real big on any tampering with the receiver (short barreling it voids the warranty), or any messing with the trigger pack to lighten the trigger.

I used to run the FN Forum. There is a sponsor there that will install a laser into the stock. Doing that will void the warranty as well.

But thanks for the suggestion. The pressure switch is for the laser actually - and the only other way to activate it is with the manual switch on the back. You really only use that setup when its mounted on a handgun. So, there isn't really anyway around the pressure switch w/o making the operation more complicated.

I have the switch far enough forward that I do not activate the laser unless I really want to. I prev had a cheaper laser with a tiny pressure switch. I was able to put that on the very front, flat part of the polymer stock below the barrel. But the Lasermax pressure switch is much too long for that.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, drilling the receiver on the real one will kill the warranty. FN is real big on any tampering with the receiver (short barreling it voids the warranty), or any messing with the trigger pack to lighten the trigger.

I used to run the FN Forum. There is a sponsor there that will install a laser into the stock. Doing that will void the warranty as well.

But thanks for the suggestion. The pressure switch is for the laser actually - and the only other way to activate it is with the manual switch on the back. You really only use that setup when its mounted on a handgun. So, there isn't really anyway around the pressure switch w/o making the operation more complicated.

I have the switch far enough forward that I do not activate the laser unless I really want to. I prev had a cheaper laser with a tiny pressure switch. I was able to put that on the very front, flat part of the polymer stock below the barrel. But the Lasermax pressure switch is much too long for that.

that is dissapointing to hear about FN. a friend of mine SBR his PS90. One good thing about KRISS USA is that you can send them your Kriss and they will SBR it for you. That way it is all approved and no voided warranty. I want to but it really limits my options of where I will move in the future or be able to bring the Kriss.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Honestly - the entire size of the PS90 is 26 inches. It's so small that short barreling isn't that necessary, IMHO.

On the gun forums there seems to be a mixed bag about Kriss reliability. But I've had my Ps90 about 3.5 years, and I really love it