Wee Da Order list & Clarification

GeorgeMaggos

Newly Enlightened
I have received the next 14 Wee Da from Dennis all etched. Assembled yesterday & ready to take the final balance from the next 14 on the list.
I will send emails later today.

Rob,

I know you dont do PM's so I will post this up here :paypal: I recieved an email from you this morning & I have completed my payment for the # 24 spot in full thru PP Transaction ID: 1WR18738YS681721N

I have decided not to wait for you to get any locators & my choice for the lumen output is 100 lumens so please process, pack up & ship my Wee Da as soon as possible as you stated above they are all assembled & ready to go.

Please revise the first post to reflect my payment to you has been fulfilled & please confirm you have recieved my payment & also when my light actually ships out so I know when to expect it here in Illinois :)

BTW~ I look forward to recieving this light it has been a long road & they look great a BIG cheers to you & Dennis for your hard work on these lights :thumbsup:
lovecpf
:twothumbs​

Sincerely,
George Maggos

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
:paypal:(Transaction ID: 02M91004BU883521S) for spot #19, I will skip the tritium markers for now in order to enjoy my Wee as soon as possible.

I can understand trit's being out of stock but I must say that the battery situation has me confused:thinking:. I have no access to 10180's so if I did accept delivery w/o a battery the light would be useless:mecry:.

These lights have been in process for over a year, I'm a little surprised that the batteries are now in short supply. I had assumed that when I paid the initial deposit that it would go to purchase the materials needed for the light (raw material, LED's, batteries, etc). Now the light is complete but the batteries are missing and 4 weeks out (+2 weeks to the US)? Are all Wee batteries in short supply or just the Wee DA?

I had planned on getting 2 extra batteries to go with my Wee and you said in your email that you could send as many as I'd like when the batteries get to you, but you did not mention price and additional shipping? What will the cost be, and will I be able to get trit's at that time to install myself as well?

~Chip

iconoclast

Enlightened
whew, I missed the cut-off for this batch! :sweat:
Ok, that probably sounds odd, and I'm really really looking forward to the Wee Da, but just this morning I went and spent the money I had sitting in paypal to cover the balance on it. :duck: I know, I know, but it was one of those chances you have to grab while you can. ... And it was still for something made by Lummi, and it was still something labeled "Da", just not exactly "Wee". So by missing the cut-off I have a little time to save up again before my Wee Da comes due.
:)

gollum

Enlightened
can't help my self ;) might aswell throw in a raw n/s to keep the wee Da company on the long trip over to Oz :party:

PP sent for Raw N/S :whistle:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
PP sent. Curious, those posted before me have repoted to have paid £100 + £12 for trits. When i paid it automatically added £5 for shipping. My first payment on 7/3/08 also had £5 for shipping. Am I the only one who has paid shipping twice? Rob?

Are the old lanyards included with the previous WEEs still available, preferable the one with the "metal cord"?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the balance payments guys. :twothumbs
1st post list has been updated to reflect payments received.

Chip I will make sure your Wee Da ships with a battery.

Darzero Your deposit was for a total of £100, we fooled the cart to charge £95 & £5 was then added as shipping. The balance payment was the only time you have really paid £5 for shipping. This is the same for everybody.
I have made a note to supply the BT lanyard wire loop with your Wee Da.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Darzero Your deposit was for a total of £100, we fooled the cart to charge £95 & £5 was then added as shipping. The balance payment was the only time you have really paid £5 for shipping. This is the same for everybody.
I have made a note to supply the BT lanyard wire loop with your Wee Da.

I see. Thank you very much for the additional BT lanyard. :twothumbs

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chip, Batteries & locators are available via my web site www.lummi.co.uk
Check the extras & options & parts section.

On another note anybody who has been sent an email & would like to either stall on there final payment or withdraw please contact me soonest please.

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
My Wee arried today...

And I hate to be "that" guy, but frankly I'm pretty disappointed:shakehead. Upon initial inspection I notice that the body is etched WAY more than the tail. So much so that when I looked at the reflector I noticed that my lens o-ring grooves were completely gone in some places.
IMAG0206.jpg

But I thought to myself "I'm pretty sure that will be ok as far as water goes but it is still a little scary" and proceeded to check if it had a battery. So I start unscrewing the tail and immediately thought it was way too easy. Even the best o-ring lube isn't this good, turns out the o-ring groove is etched so deep that the o-ring doesn't even make contact with the tailcap:faint:. No way this thing is even going to survive a shower, which is pretty much what I expect if it's to replace my "Killer" that's been on neck duty 24-7 since the very first batch. I then finished unscrewing the tailcap and found this...
WeeDA003.jpg

WeeDA002.jpg

WeeDA001.jpg

Does anybody else's threads look like this? I'd say over 50% of my threads have been etched away on the body, if it wasn't for the fact that the tailcap was so lightly etched (hence the threads were mostly saved) this thing would never have even screwed together. On a twisty style light with regular use these threads will just grind themselves away in short time, especially since this run was NOT done in a hardenable steel.

I can understand that the consensus was not to mask the reflector during etching, but to not mask the threads and "sealing surfaces" is a gross oversight. As far as I'm concerned a $300+ neck light should be able to handle a shower and surely shouldn't have threads that look like this:shakehead.

The worst part is... I really wanted to love this light:(, I've been looking forward to it from the very beginning of interest. When I finally got to hold a Wee (Ti that I was anodizing) in my hand I was very impressed, especially with the smooth twisting action. It only made me want my Wee Da even more, which makes it even more the shame that mine's been pretty well rendered useless. I'm hoping Rob can do something to make this right, I'll be waiting anxiously for his response.

~Chip

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chip, Whilst I understand your disappointment & agree the Etch is deeper than preferred.
I disagree that the threads will wear them selfs away & that it is rendered useless. Again understood is your disappointement but your two remarks are harsh & incorrect.
What is true is that these 14 Wee Da's are all similar & can not be considered water tight.
Some will really like the deep etch & over look the Water proofing. Others will as Chip is be disappointed.?
I could not forecast nor show how these 14 have turned out. I had to dispatch & await feedback.
One fact of the matter is the material can not be put back.!
I do want to make this right, I am unsure on the best method & it will be up to individuals to decide what they prefer? Please email me to discuss a solution.