Weird annoying neighbour, any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest4fire

Enlightened
OK. It's getting a little eerie that you haven't posted on this thread since July 4th mr maurice. Let us hear from you so we know all is well.

iapyx

Enlightened
Mr. Maurice, glue the wipes onto the windshield.
Or remove them completely.
Or place one of those reflective sun screens behind the windshield, one not with an aluminium side but rather a giant photo of leafs or a giant photo of your neighbor caught in the act.
Or remove the windshield haha, no he would stuff your car full with leafs.
Put an alarm on your car that activates as soon as one of the wipes is touched.
Or sleep in your car, take your brightest flashlight or borrow one from a fellow member and give your neighbor a full load once he does it again.

Need more?

Phil Ament

Enlightened
I wonder if it would be at all possible for you to have your car stereo on flat out but with the volume muted, and then have some sort of a button/switch located under the wiper arm so that when the arm is lifted the sound would be instantaneously unmuted! Apparently there is also an indie rock band from Brooklyn whose name is "A Great Big Pile Of Leaves" and so maybe you could load up your stereo with some of their seemingly very apt musical creations! Well it's just a thought that I had anyway!

mr_maurice

Newly Enlightened
Woops, been away for quite some time..
I've been playing with my setup for a few days but it needs some tweaking, I get a new video file every time something goes on outside.
He probably calmed down with the leaves anyway, it's the holiday season here and it's hard to go outside without being seen by anyone.

The house will be mostly unnoccupied during summer, he'll get plenty of time to camouflage my car while we're away. Nothing new will happen until september anyway, but then I'll get to try a more reliable setup. Just need some clean room in the attic, trim a few branches off a tree and wait :devil:

I've read a few hilarious ideas btw, I see I asked the right crowd

esrevenge

Newly Enlightened
+1

You guys are waaaay too nice here. This isnt funny and its not a game to humor the guy.

Call the police and tell them this story and you want the cops to talk to the guy. Your neighbor is crazy, normal adults dont put leaves under other cars wipers everyday for a YEAR, you said even during the day.

I hope you get this thing resolved.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I can just imagine the reaction he will get when he goes to the police station to report that someone is leaving leaves on his car. Get real.

Just go up to the bloke, ask him to stop leaving leaves on your car and see how it goes from then.

redaudi

Newly Enlightened
oh. my. god. this thread made my brain hurt.

It's been going on for MONTHS, and you haven't actually bothered to say a thing to him about it? Tell him to knock it off and be done with it.

it really is that simple.

JemR

Newly Enlightened
It's been going on for MONTHS, and you haven't actually bothered to say a thing to him about it? Tell him to knock it off and be done with it. it really is that simple.

It has, he has not, you would think. But, just read this.

The house will be mostly unoccupied during summer, he'll get plenty of time to camouflage my car while we're away. Nothing new will happen until September anyway...

So don't expect anything to happen anytime soon.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Naw, the leaves are so "dense" that they usually stay where they fall, on our land, they cannot really fly.
If they went in his direction they would be blocked by his gate, and remain on public ground.

What really bugs me it that this guy usually behaves like a nice and almost cheerful individual, that is waving to say good morning, have a bit of smalltalk if we cross paths, he even helped me maneuver my car out by checking for traffic on our narrow street. Yet he will still go out every night, grab a few leaves and stuck them in the wipes.

I don't know if he's intentionally sending mixed messages to further confuse the situation, if he's just plain nutjob on this particular issue without realizing it, or if he's really trying to make a point.

Thats really strange, and millions of people in the world have trees that drop leaves into neighbors lawns, and thats just a fact of life, and 99% of people dont get too angry about it, besides you said the tree drops most leaves into your yard, so.......

Have you ever had any problems or arguments with the guy in the past?

I'd maybe get a cheap video camera, and when you see that he's done it again, look back through the video, then confront him in a non angry, but stern manner, and ask that he stop pulling this crap! If he denies it, show him the video, because these people almost always deny it!

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the next 7 consecutive days, why don't you line your wiper with leaves yourself, then you observe his behavior. See if he still comes over. You should be able to tell if he moves your leaves.

He may stop after seeing that you are more crazy than him.

Sometimes you need to fight fire with fire.

Slazmo

Enlightened
I'd unscrew the wind shield wipers and have them in place so that when he lifts them - they come off... Tear outside and claim that he damaged your car... See what his reaction is?

I hate annoying neighbours - we had our drongo neighbour tear up and down the street on a motorbike on sunday morning at 0730 with the 2 year old daughter and 3 year old son proped up on the fuel tank, and did about 7 laps of the street which has blind corners and people speed around them... Cant say anything to these nut jobs at all otherwise WW3 with bricks, sticks, harsh language and who knows what else - house burnt down, dog knocked up - who knows???

mr_maurice

Newly Enlightened
Somebody needs an extra serving of crazy ? Here you go.
I got back from holiday, found my mother's smart car stuffed with leaves, including the "shelves" in front of the radiator, wheel rim vents etc.

Today I realised somebody closed the valve on one of our propane tanks. I'm really looking forward to getting my webcam back.
And while I'm at it, here is a schematic.
1346789585-jardin.png

Somebody really doesn't mind stepping on others properties to make a nuisance of himself.

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starting to play with propane tanks is crossing the line.
If I were you I'd go to the Gendarmerie too - or maybe wait to have him on camera first but your neighbor is officially a freak now!

Last edited:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can mess with my house, you can mess with my cars, you can mess with my family, but don't mess with my propane, I tell you what!

Seriously, though, the leaves were just annoying. The propane, while closing the valve is better than opening it, I still don't like that...

gollum

Enlightened
yes I would put a stop to this now for sure

I would talk to the wife and say he has to stop
I would also inform the police and tell the full story
whether he was just having a bit of fun at first or not,
he is now clearly tampering with your property

Status
Not open for further replies.