What are you toting today?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Foley Belsaw is beyond bad and nearly a total waste of money. I bought the manuals and stuff on the black market along with a key machine and maybe a thousand blanks. As I worked my way through the courses on my own I realised the info was only way behind the times. That says something when security in USA is stuck in the 80s.

An example of this is how locks when I was a child was what was sold when I was a teenager and are still being sold in present time. There is no continuous improvement like in Japan, UK, or the EU. I understand criminals from USA are a bunch of ****ing monkeys and savages but still they may just happen online and learn one of the many easy bypasses available such as opening Harbour Freight safes by smacking them with a potato. lol

Today I cut open some locks as part of my maint job. It was less than a minute a lock with a Bosch grinder.

I think people should study foil impressioning over say smoking a key blank to open a warded lock. Or learn how to programme a auto key instead of how to use a slimjim.

Attachments

• 3A112CD5-D57D-42F1-B2BA-3CEDFEFE9B69.jpeg
    3A112CD5-D57D-42F1-B2BA-3CEDFEFE9B69.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 57

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I decided to go crazy today, I have a cloud defensive MCH Duel Fuel and a Surefire E2D with a MN02 bulb (25 lumens for longer run time)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Guys, I love the enthusiasm and I'm really enjoying it. I know the forum does funky recommendations now for some reason and things pop up everywhere but this thread was mainly intended for old incans. 🤣
When I read carrying I think:
IMG_8655.jpeg

1xaa LED light

When I read what are you toting:
IMG_8241.jpeg

A 6D Maglite would be the smallest light that comes to mind.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
For those folks out there who carry incans for a daily edc, do you carry spare lamps in case yours burns out? Or do you carry a spare flashlight?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I don't think many carry incans for edc but I use to carry a e2e at work before this stupid LED fad and I never carried a spare bulb. I think I would have to put a nice one in each 3-4 months.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I don't think many carry incans for edc but I use to carry a e2e at work before this stupid LED fad and I never carried a spare bulb. I think I would have to put a nice one in each 3-4 months.
I guess it would depend on a couple of factors on how long the bulb lasts. Lower heat and lumen output would mean theoretically that the bulb would last longer. Then also how it was installed, if you got oil from your skin on the bulb would cause a hot spot. I guess the irony is that I havent had a P60 bulb burn out on my old Surefires for well over 10 years.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I guess it would depend on a couple of factors on how long the bulb lasts. Lower heat and lumen output would mean theoretically that the bulb would last longer. Then also how it was installed, if you got oil from your skin on the bulb would cause a hot spot. I guess the irony is that I havent had a P60 bulb burn out on my old Surefires for well over 10 years.
Ya the do last awhile. I don't think you are handicapped by using an incandescent light as far as longevity of the bulb. Now the output, that's another story 😁

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Ya the do last awhile. I don't think you are handicapped by using an incandescent light as far as longevity of the bulb. Now the output, that's another story 😁
I guess that is the ultimate question, do you need all the lumens? I personally don't work in a cold enough environment to need a handwarmer....