What are you toting today?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Before I finished this light I tried it without the tail shroud and found it hard to handle with the light being so tiny with an incan E head. Not really a problem with a bulky LED head.
The tail shroud makes a huge difference for me handling wise. Although you have to poke your thumb right down in there to activate the switch.
Could benefit from a taller boot with a nub inside to close the gap to the switch for an overall taller switch.
I forget the model number but the scout tail cap is a nice improvement. Gives you the shroud with the button not so far down into the shroud.
IMG_1728.jpeg

Mine is a modern Aviator with an incan E2D head and scout tailcap. I added a #10 plumber o'ring at the tail end for extra grip. I swap between a Lumens Factory bulb and a Tana singLED

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forget the model number but the scout tail cap is a nice improvement. Gives you the shroud with the button not so far down into the shroud.

Mine is a modern Aviator with an incan E2D head and scout tailcap. I added a #10 plumber o'ring at the tail end for extra grip. I swap between a Lumens Factory bulb and a Tana singLED
The scout tail cap is my favourite. I have one with a McClicky in it but it stays attached to this:
IMG_4883.jpeg

I've got used to the lumens factory shroud/button but I may eventually work something out with a taller button.

That modern Aviator looks like a gem.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
The scout tail cap is my favourite. I have one with a McClicky in it but it stays attached to this:
View attachment 52510

I've got used to the lumens factory shroud/button but I may eventually work something out with a taller button.

That modern Aviator looks like a gem.
Is the the led aviator head? How does that work without a two stage tailcap?

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the the led aviator head? How does that work without a two stage tailcap?
I was commenting on bykfixer's modern Aviator Lego.

The LED Lego in my picture is an E2E body, scout tail, Back Up head with the driver and LED swapped.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting! So the EB1 handles a single Li-ion without issue? And by chance do you know if an Aviator (current 2017 edition) can handle a Li-ion voltage?

Edit: I didn't read your while comment. Now I see you swapped the driver and LED.
All the single cell (CR123, LED) Surefire I've owned handle a 16340.
My guess is yes to the Aviator, but I haven't tried.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You don't get the horse either, but for a very low cost you can hire a couple illegal immigrants to haul you around
No worries, just get them one of those horse Halloween costumes. One can be the front, the other can be the horse's backside.
Hmm.... How do you say "Charge forward" in Spanish?

ViperaPiper

Newly Enlightened
I'm carrying a brand new G2Z that must have been sitting in a local gun store for 15+ years. Keeppower RCR123As and a stock P60. A little worried how the rings have deteriorated in those years though. We'll see!

Attachments

• IMG_4158.jpeg
    IMG_4158.jpeg
    941.4 KB · Views: 46