What did you use your flashlight for today?

Samy

Enlightened
That alone makes me think twice about wanting to visit Australia...

Its a great place to live for flashaholics! So much excitement! You need a flashlight to reduce the risk of death from wildlife! The orb spiders are pretty big but they make big massive webs so you can spot them easily, and they aren't poisonous...much. I am out in my backyard each night walking and feeding the dogs, general potting around the house etc and the biggest threat is the eastern brown snakes or the red bellied black snakes or the taipan snakes or the trapdoor spiders or the funnel web spiders or... Both my dogs were bit by snakes last year, one died and the other survived after being rushed to the vet for antivenine. You need a backup light just for the backyard ;)

Any how's, last night I had to deliver a package when I turned up the gate was locked and the occupants were on their back deck with music playing. Beeping the car horn, flashing the car lights or calling the customers phone didn't get their attention. So I used my SC600 to shine over the roof of the house and shine/flash on the trees in their backyard. That managed to get their attention.

Cheers

biglights

Enlightened
Any how's, last night I had to deliver a package when I turned up the gate was locked and the occupants were on their back deck with music playing. Beeping the car horn, flashing the car lights or calling the customers phone didn't get their attention. So I used my SC600 to shine over the roof of the house and shine/flash on the trees in their backyard. That managed to get their attention.

Awesome!!!! I love my SC600, its a bad little light.:thumbsup:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Used my light to look for my lost card. All 1000 lumens of it. And... I didn' find it despite having such a bright light :banghead: had to call the bank.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a great place to live for flashaholics! So much excitement! You need a flashlight to reduce the risk of death from wildlife! The orb spiders are pretty big but they make big massive webs so you can spot them easily, and they aren't poisonous...much. I am out in my backyard each night walking and feeding the dogs, general potting around the house etc and the biggest threat is the eastern brown snakes or the red bellied black snakes or the taipan snakes or the trapdoor spiders or the funnel web spiders or... Both my dogs were bit by snakes last year, one died and the other survived after being rushed to the vet for antivenine. You need a backup light just for the backyard ;)

:eek:oo: I would be running me some turbo mode.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Used the HP11 headlamp for dusting the kitchen cabinets (lots of light helps, I find), then used it for barbequing burgers for the family, then today used the headlamp for *cleaning* the gas barbeque. I miss the old charcoal briquette days; much easier to clean up, gas BBQs are full of nasty sharp edges and folds in the sheet metal designed to hold grease and bite fingers, as well as millions of bolt heads that make it difficult to wipe down. Oh well, lots of light (and about a dozen paper towels) helps; ironically, the "grease trap" had only a single droplet of congealed grease. Got so much use of the HP11 the last two days I had to recharge the batteries.

Bill

The Engineer

Newly Enlightened
I used my Eagletac P20C2 MKII XM-L to search my dad´s escaped fire salamander in the basement
My Dad used my Eagletac D25C2 Clicky

Richub

Enlightened
It's summertime here, which means there is daylight from 5 am until well after 10 pm. So I hardly use my flashlights at all these days...
Apart from the odd search in a dark spot/location using my Fenix E05, most of my lights are on a 'summer holiday' now. ;)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Summer here as well. Though thankfully darkness comes just past 8pm. So it's not too bad. ;)

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Just used my AA's to look for my son's teddy bear in the living room, haha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
We had a partial power outage the other day (lost one phase). I used my trusty PD30 to look for a small battery powered tv set. I couldn't find it. I think I need a bigger flashlight. :)

Ishango

Enlightened
Not yesterday, but I was at the birthday of a 9 year old 2nd cousin. I gave him a Fenix E01 as present, besides another present. He really liked the little light and said it was really cool and really bright. He showed it to his father and he was impressed as well.

EV_007

Enlightened
I was just so happening to be perusing CPF and when I heard coyotes yipping and howling away seemingly too close for my tastes. I worry about the chickens and goats on the 40+ acres of wooded land. The dogs erupted and ran outside through the dog door into the fenced-in yard barking away.

I grabbed my new Surefire R1 Lawman that was sitting on the desk and slipped on my muck boots and ran in the direction of the commotion shining the light in the highest mode in hopes of scaring away the pack of predators. Yipping died down and faded away and stopped as I headed deeper into the woods. it was dusk, so the light was more to let the coyotes know that they are not welcome.

Must have covered about 20 acres before I turned around. No creatures were spotted except for the throngs of gnats and mosquitoes for my evening jaunt in the woods. At one time I thought I saw eyes reflecting the light from the XML LED of the R1, but it was just some reflective markers way off in the forest.

I did not go empty handed into the woods, but the R1 and me running through the underbrush was all that was needed to ward off the predators for awhile I hope. I have a high CRI drop-in mounted on my coyote deterrent which was nice when looking through the optic to identify movement further downrange. I left the dogs behind, because I did not want to chase them for miles on end.

I had lost some chickens in the past before having high quality lights. None since my flashlight addiction kicked in full swing.

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my L2D to look inside my spotlight speck. :sick: I really needed it to look at the batteries, though... sheesh those are small batteries...

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Just tested my xt11 vs my other torches since I just got it today... Pretty bright for it's size. Just that and strobed my neighbors :D

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Couple of nights ago, I used my 2AA Dorcy flashlight with fish-eye optic to help cut a sleeping pill in half for a loved one.

That thin line in the middle of the pill is hard as hell to see. The Dorcy tossed in my mouth provided much needed extra light.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hood on my car would not open. I researched the problem on the internet, put a XTAR Meteor in my mouth and found the "magic release button." After that is was a simple matter of adjust and lubricate.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
In a rural and sketchy part of the country now so my bedside light is the xt2c for misc use and edc shifted to the xt11. Standby light is the romisen rc-t602. "camping" so using the xt2c for various tasks such as looking for misplaced items. Using the xt11 for roaming around in tandem with my romisen. Switching between the two to avoid overheat.

Endalaus

Newly Enlightened
(actually last week) walking at night following google maps I found myself on an A road with no streetlights. Used my arc aaa p to see where I was going and far more importantly to let oncoming traffic see me! 3 hours no problem! Just wish I'd remembered to replace the battery more than once in the last couple of years... Prompted me to get a lummi raw ns as a backup instead of a pocketful of cr@ppy fauxtons