What did you use your flashlight for today?

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other night our fire alarm went off in the early hours of the morning. I always take my Fenix PD32UE out of its holster and leave it on my nightstand so I have it at the ready, and it was handy to grab it and immediately look around for smoke. I didn't see any, and the alarm actually turned off after just a few loud alarm sounds. About 10 seconds later it came on again once, but it has been quiet for the last couple nights afterward. I will vacuum and blow them out this weekend since I heard that sometimes small critters can crawl inside and trigger the alarms.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Camping with friends over the weekend, I used my 80 mw 532 nm laser to point out stars and constellations, and my 3 watt 445 nm laser to light their cigarettes, and a DEFTX to point out firewood from about 1/2 mile away.

:D

I'm NOT going camping with you, if you'd expect me to go half a mile for firewood! :rolleyes:
Nice that you KNOW the constellations well enough to point them out. :thumbsup:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I'm NOT going camping with you, if you'd expect me to go half a mile for firewood! :rolleyes:
Nice that you KNOW the constellations well enough to point them out. :thumbsup:

LOL

They radio'd that they were in the tree line, but that their (Home Depot) lights were to dim, and could I hit where they were with the DeftX so they could find wood for the fire.

We call it "Calling in an Air Strike".

:D

pineapple

Newly Enlightened
Working on my lawn tractor today and fumble-fingered a small bolt which promptly dropped into a dark cavity somewhere behind the engine. Pulled out my Malkoff MDC HA 1AA and found it in short order. :grin2:

cliwilnew

Newly Enlightened
Alright, so I finally got one. I was kicking a soccer ball around tonight with my 11-year-old son after dark and had my Malkoff MD2 in my pocket. I had just put in a new ET triple nichia drop-in so was trying it out in between kicks. As I shined it over to the sidewalk I noticed an object of interest, walked over to it and it was a brand new bungee cord. Beautiful! My $120 MD2 is now well on it's way to paying for itself, one $2 bungee cord at a time. :D

Treeguy

Enlightened
Used my new Quark 1XAA to impress a few people at a party last night.

The result was a combination of mild curiosity, brief amazement, and utter boredom.

Lightups

Newly Enlightened
Just returned from around a four mile night hike with a couple of friends. The RC40, TK35UE and the UC45 were on pretty much the whole time.

We didn't feel like doubling back on the trail, so we took surface streets back to our cars. Had to walk along a long stretch of a busy street with no sidewalks and no streetlights. We walked single file on the bike lane as far to the right as we could. Had the RC40's hotspot(on med) about 10 feet in front of me, the TK strobing the ground, and the UC45 to the back. Usually cars would fly by at around 55mph and up around that area, but tonight most were going 30ish when they passed us. Next time I need to bring a reflective vest.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
So, what have you used your lights for today?

Last weekend, used my Illuminati CA1-AL to make sure that the keys were not in the possession of an inebriated relative at the end of a wedding reception (strictly, not the keys, but the fob that lets you start the car). The fob could have been under the table where he was sitting, in the doorway where he fell, in the parking lot where he fell again. The important part was that the fob wasn't in his pocket!

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Last night, in true banal husband-ish form, I used my flashlight to take out the garbage.

My life is one big adventure. :poof:

Damn! I bought mine out to early! Way too much sunlight at sunset! Someone needs to call the Liberal politicians and have THEM "ban" sunlight for Flashaholics!

kbuzbee

Enlightened
Used my brand new SC62C to light up under the fridge so I could clean out the coils. Long over due but it made the job way easier (and actually kinda fun) Maybe I'll do it more often now ;) (they were disgusting ;) )

Ken

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Took my Loaner Light (old model LED 2AA Mini-Mag) and pulled the new batteries from it to replace the dead ones inside the wireless mouse at work. (Replaced the batteries in the light soon afterwards.) Shouldn't have to use my own batteries for the work mouse that everyone uses, which is switched on 24/7. But in the security business, that's how it is. You get a radio and a charger for the radio. Other necessary equipment or gear.... Provide it yourself. Such B.S.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Used my brand new SC62C to light up under the fridge so I could clean out the coils. Long over due but it made the job way easier (and actually kinda fun) Maybe I'll do it more often now ;) (they were disgusting ;) )

Ken
I'm glad that you got those little dust bunnies out of there.

A few months ago, I needed to get mine. But short of emptying the fridge, and tilting it backwards, I wasn't able to get into the coils very well with the vacuum. I decided to pull out my leaf blower!

:oops: Well... that cleaned it very well, BUT... dust was all over the kitchen, including the counter tops, table, chairs... etc. :mecry:

I had to hurry up and clean everything before my wife saw the mess. :rolleyes:

Next time, I'll push it to the back door, and blow all the dust out that way.

kbuzbee

Enlightened
Ours is really well designed. There's a grate in the front that just pops off (usually it just falls off ;) ) then you use one of those long coil brushes
aa8ebc4a475058c070934bc4732d916d.jpg

to clean them and just keep the vac nozzle close to suck it all up. Worked a charm with that Zebralight.

Ken

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Ours is really well designed. There's a grate in the front that just pops off (usually it just falls off ;) ) then you use one of those long coil brushes
aa8ebc4a475058c070934bc4732d916d.jpg

to clean them and just keep the vac nozzle close to suck it all up. Worked a charm with that Zebralight.

Ken
Ours is similar, in that it has a front grate to pop off, but the coils are so close together that I would have to force that brush between them, and ofcourse as soon as I do that Mr. Murphy will show up, demonstrating his law. :(