What did you use your flashlight for today?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
They said someone's been "messing" with the sensor that detects movement that'll turn the light on. Anyways, that's among the many reasons why I (we) EDC flashlight(s).

I agree. That's why I carry a light also. They need to get this fixed ASAP though. This is a public safety issue on several levels.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I agree. That's why I carry a light also. They need to get this fixed ASAP though. This is a public safety issue on several levels.
I hear you on that on all levels. I did mention it to one of the Baristas there. She took immediate action after taking my order.

msim

Enlightened
The last few nights my wife used my Zebralite H31w and then my Nitecore HC30w to cross stitch in bed. As she put it "it's nice when our hobbies cross paths."

ven

Flashaholic
The last few nights my wife used my Zebralite H31w and then my Nitecore HC30w to cross stitch in bed. As she put it "it's nice when our hobbies cross paths."

as you pull out your chris reeve and cut the end for her................

:D

msim

Enlightened
Lol, more along the lines of 'my spyderco', but that actually happens quite often. She now assumes I have a knife and light on me, which is pretty much always the case.

tex.proud

Enlightened
I recently gave my Dad an Olight i3s. My parents are retired and currently on a trip in the RV...I get this text from him today.

"I've been using my Flashlight all the time. Don't know how I got along without it. Thanks."

Not sure what he used it for today, but that's what it's about!

ven

Flashaholic
Needed a floody light with no hot spot to check for imperfections on a bumper. Old rear one was damaged last week, so removed and new fitted(pita of a job). Used the x40vnTQ to find any scuffs/spots to T cut out

Old

New(to me)

Poppy

Flashaholic
ven,

Nice job! :thumbsup:

No more letting Callum play bumper cars, eh? :)

Yesterday, I went with my daughter to the little league game, and the club-house was closed.
Since we went in her car, I left the keys to mine on the kitchen table.

Getting near the end of the game, I recalled someone else noting that there wasn't even a porti-potty there.

I noticed some women emptying an SUV into a room in the building. I asked if I could get in to use the lavatory and was denied access, so I helped empty the truck anyway... they were grateful, and pointed me to a dark room, and no one knew where the light switches were.

Ah HA! I have a flashlight on me!
Ahh errrh... nope. It is on the kitchen table with my keys! :(

Hmmm... ah... I have my smart phone. Damn... there's an app in here SOMEWHERE for a flashlight. In anticipation of being able to relieve myself... finding that app suddenly became an issue of URGENCY!!!

Whew... found it! :thumbsup:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pre-dawn training hike with my son. He's going on a 60 mile hike for almost a week at the end of this month. Got to carry everything too.

Took the PD35 and E35. I don't know why I brought the E35, it's too floody for any practical outdoor use except close up tasks. Great as an indoor light, but not much else.

msim

Enlightened
Went out for Korean BBQ yesterday and the power went out as we were finishing up our meal. Stopped by the bathroom on the way out and saw it was pitch black. Out came my Astrolux S1 which I left on the sink while I did my business. A guy who was in there before me was using his cell phone light to see...

dyjWz1v.jpg

david57strat

Enlightened
Over the past couple of days, I used my Solarforce L2P (with Sportac Triple Nichia 219B 2-mode) and Fenix PD40 (MT-G2), and Zebralight SC600w Mk III (4500K), to thoroughly light up the interior of my friend's storage unit, as she weeded through her belongings, to pare down which items would be going to the new, smaller storage unit.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

^^ Burnt the better part of a $12 bill on batteries for

^^ This dude to do

^^ This and

^^ This last night

^^ Using one of these babys

The house is about 600' away.
The 6D Dog Supply House s&r light with 1 cell extension.

Last edited: