What did you use your flashlight for today?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ I'm supposing they were so used to you being cool they just didn't make a big deal of it.

Either that or later they said "we coulda used our celphones but no, flashlight guy had to show off again" lol.

Either way I'm glad you helped keep the kids fear at bay and didn't use a stupid celphone to do it.
:twothumbs

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night I woke up at about 3:20am....... from a neighbor screaming at his better half (third time in the last four weeks). So I put on some clothes, went to the back of the house and when the a**h#?$ walked onto his balkony I gave him a 1300 lumens blast in the face. Told him in a rather loud manner that the screaming stops NOW or he would have to argue with the police instead of is girlfriend.

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome read as always mr fixer, love your posts!

Moral of the story..........don't wake Eric up at 3:20am!!!!:)

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
The light I seem to use the most is my Armytek Wizard pro. Normally without a headband. The magnetic tail means that it sticks to my bedside lamp so it's super easy to get to. The super low node also means I don't destroy my wife's, mine, or my children's eyes when someone starts crying in the middle of the night. Just enough light to see where I'm going, but not enough to wake up others. But it still has the power to light up the room if needed. It's been the perfect bedside light.
I just used it tonight to find a dropped stuffed animal. So the light I bought for camping and night hikes mainly gets used for finding dropped toys in the middle of the night.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I'm in Poland right now as I had a relatives funeral to attend. The relatives I'm staying with are having some electrical work done upstairs where I am staying so there are no lights or power. Took the sc52d on this trip and its served as my only source of light after sundown. As predicted its serving admirably.

kerf

Newly Enlightened
In an upstairs "miscellaneous stuff" drawer, I found a titanium body for a Nitecore EX10's internals. I used a ZebraLight (forgot the model #) to look for the EX10 in a dimly lit downstairs "miscellaneous stuff" drawer. Found it, too!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
In an upstairs "miscellaneous stuff" drawer, I found a titanium body for a Nitecore EX10's internals. I used a ZebraLight (forgot the model #) to look for the EX10 in a dimly lit downstairs "miscellaneous stuff" drawer. Found it, too!

Using a flashlight to find another flashlight. :laughing: :thumbsup:

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a cell phone. Under bed , couch, between cushions.

Also showed my 2 y/o son, whAt happens in the Washing machine.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately my neighbor's house burned down a few days ago. :( But thankfully everyone made it out safely! :)

Our house is close enough that all the heat from the blaze melted a lot of stuff on the side of our house and we have some damage from ours almost catching on fire as well. It was steaming like crazy. The place reeks of smoke too. So my trusty TK09 was put to great use assessing things for the last couple of days.

I will also note that my beast X45vn was very useful for pictures of the property after dark. I only turned it up to level 3 (out of 6 I think), and as my wife took the picture someone was taking a picture of the house next door. Just the reflection alone from the X45vn was brighter than the task light he was using to light up the house lol!!!

Anyway, things have been a bit stressful, but everything will be fine eventually. Work keeps taking longer than people say it will, but hopefully things are starting to move along now. Hopefully won't be too long before we can move back in and the place is at least cleaned up. And it was definitely handy to have plenty of lights around.

Main thing is that everyone was safe. Another neighbor was treated for a bit of smoke inhalation helping to save the dogs but thankfully she will be fine too.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks ven. Thankfully my wife doesn't seem to be so stressed so that's good, although I've been super anxious about the whole thing. I'm sure in the end everything will work out just fine though. Thank goodness for firefighters and home insurance!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Monocrom. Definitely a good wakeup call.

I used my TK09 today some more to take a look at the damage. I think the roof looks ok which is good.

Rusdon

Newly Enlightened
My puppy lost his bone under the couch, he thought it was long gone but the trusty Hanko came in and saved the day

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Used my PD35 on medium to find a small vitamin d capsule that I dropped on the floor. I wanted to find it and throw it out before I stepped on it and squished the oil out onto the floor.

Nichia!

Banned
I was walking through Huge grove and it's about 9-10 at night and feelt something through the complete darkness for no more than split of a second and it was about 8-10 meters away from me so I immediately grabbed my Zebralight MK3 Hi and trun it on and WOW a herd of wild boars with their little ones (I Never saw these before in real life) trying to cross the road to the other side very quickly!! There was about 20 of them and more 15 of them where adults! Imagine if I wasn't careful enough and I walked inside this herd when they try cross the road in complete darkness what you think would happened to me??!!

Thank you ZL for saving my life!

Last edited: