What did you use your flashlight for today?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my rot66 to read the instructions on a new flashlight. I still couldn't read it without my glasses and now I'm using it to find them

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
There was a nice "spark show" out in front of my house Saturday afternoon that led to a power outage till late that evening. One thing I've learned over the years is that in complete darkness it can be very hard to find the switch. Some of lights I chose to use are the following:

Indoors:
McGizmo Sundrop
Lumintop Tool 219B Aluminum
Maratac AA Ti 219B w/diffuser
Surefire C3 w/Malkoff M61 SHO 219BV2

Outdoors:
Jaxman M8 XP-L HI 5K (One Mode)
Oveready Defense Light w/Surefire P91
ROTT66 219B

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My parents were at our house and my dad used the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm to finish up one last coat of paint on the door to the attic we just installed recently (my torn meniscus acted up every time I did the other coats). I also checked on our sump pumps during a big storm that came through, and it turned out that they didn't even run. I guess the drainage improvements we made improved things a great deal. :)

ven

Flashaholic
HDS 219b 4k 18650, MD2 sportac triple single mode 219b 4500k and m43vn xpl PDT used for a little walk.
HDS 200lm
redjOgLl.jpg

MD2 650lm
6CKxlEJl.jpg

M43vn at 50%(maybe 5000-6000 ish)
DglqS2Tl.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Bones to the rescue:

At work some fellows were trying to peer into a pipe that had a make shift door cut in the top.

It is a big ole pipe that a creek runs through while they work nearby installing a permanent pipe where the creek used to flow.

In order to install new, permanent pipe requires a footing to keep the new concrete pipe that is very heavy from sinking into the soft ground where the creek was.

The temporary pipe is usually empty until it rains. Then it fills with water. The work for the footing to the new pipe is underneath of the temporary pipe.

They needed to see how much water was flowing through the temporary pipe. If it had flow, the millions of pounds stressing downward would make it unsafe for workers to work underneath said overhead pipe. (It's not fastened secure enough nor is the suspension cables holding it in the air sturdy enough.)

It was bright and sunny, surrounding earth is a light colored sand so everybodys pupils were really adjusted to mega bright conditions. Peering into a dark pipe was impractical with the naked eye. And crawling onto the pipe to stick your head inside was also impractical.

One guy says "that dude has a flashlight in his pocket" pointing to me. Yeah my PKDL PR-1 is plenty bright close up. But by 25 feet the light is way too floody. So they tried it. Nada. While they did that I walked over to my nearby truck and grabbed the throwy Bones.

Perfect. Yup, way too much flow in the pipe to safely work.

My boss smiled and said "MacGeyver to the rescue again." lol

Poppy

Flashaholic
Before I left for work this morning, I laid out half a dozen flashlights, with two diffusers, and a 28 inch traffic wand, on the kitchen table, for the kids and parents to use, while trick or treating later in the day.

To my pleasant surprise, when I got home from work, I could see that all the lights were taken, and I think a few more.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Before I left for work this morning, I laid out half a dozen flashlights, with two diffusers, and a 28 inch traffic wand, on the kitchen table, for the kids and parents to use, while trick or treating later in the day.

To my pleasant surprise, when I got home from work, I could see that all the lights were taken, and I think a few more.

Poppy, you rock-- it looks like you lit up your family quite nicely!

Poppy

Flashaholic
Poppy, you rock-- it looks like you lit up your family quite nicely!
Thanks LetThereBeLight :)
Yeah.. its as much for my piece of mind as anyone else's.

Today I used my Oveready E2E Triple to check on my new baby, tactical-style:

giUrp5g.jpg

Also, props to the Google Pixel 2 for having a fantastic camera.

Beautiful! Fyrstormer

fyrstormer

Banned
Thanks! The nurses at the hospital kept telling me how cute he is, which they always say but really mean this time. I replied that of course he is, I was very careful to pick the cutest one. Their reactions were...amusing.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Recharged the cell for my D4S prior to walking the dogs, and I'm now quite confident that it's markedly brighter on a fresh cell than one down to 3.7V.

YAK-28

Enlightened
heard shouting outside last night, grabbed my fenix ld50(kept next to the door) and went out to see what was up. the new neighbor's 6 month old black lab got loose. i thought the ld50 would work fine for this, but the dark and the drizzle seemed to just absorb the light. luckily someone else down the street got a hold of the pup before any harm could happen on the busy street. i will say i could see the kid's reflective shoes(best reflective shoes i've ever seen,should have asked about them) and the dog collar easily. once back inside i moved my tk75 to next to the door also for next time.