What did you use your flashlight for today?

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using my Lumintop Tool 2.0,fed by a 14500...for a middle of the night bathroom run light.

It's dim enough on low not to ruin my night vision, but bright enough on high to see where I'm going.

parang

Newly Enlightened
I let my ducks free range, so every time I go out at night i need a flashlight to find their eggs.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
Nothing so far but we are having ice storms today, so I have mine ready just in case we get lucky and the power goes out :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
No power today. Sofirn q8 ceiling bounce for the Mrs at the dinner table & zebra h53 to drink beer. Couple of c01s's ceiling bouncing to get around

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used an s2+ to install a computer based entertainment system for a friend when his protac hl usb died. Now he has my sofirn sc31 until I get his back from streamlight repair. The usb port is shot and he's been charging that battery inside his strion when he needs to

Last edited:

Ubermcoupe

Newly Enlightened
Flashlight: Surefire EL2-AA w. Malkoff E1HT head
Project: Cleaning out the wood stove before tonight's freeze

Used a FourSevens Quark Mini Mark II that lives in my pocket to help my neighbor's kid find her escaped six-month old kitty last night. The urgency here was a weather forecast calling for an overnight low of 4F (that would be -15C in Canadian). :buddies::poke:

YAK-28

Enlightened
good work dtd helping the neighbors.

today i install some pull out drawers in some kitchen base cabinets for the boss. used my nitecore tipse to help drill and attach the drawer assemblies. worked perfectly, laid flat, more than enough light. happy campers all around.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I use a light for something every day, especially at my day job (which is at night sometimes). Today I've used my aaa streamlight microstream a lot while working on my truck. Then the mail came in with my malkoff M61WLL, so I popped it in my 6p and started using that too.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Oh boy, the WLL is sweet!!
One year while teeth holding a microstream I found out drool can enter the tailcap button when I heard 'zzzzt' and things went dark while applying silicone sealant to my son's windshield.

I used a nearby 1aaa Husky flashlight last evening to add light to a dvd case to read the fine print on what year the movie had been released.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Took a hike yesterday from Black Mountain in Ramona, CA to Sutherland Dam. It's about 13 or 14 miles round trip. It got dark on the way back. Used my Nitecore HC60 headlight on the 1000 lumen high for over half an hour to get past the windy dirt road that cars drive on too fast so I didn't get ran over. Once I got past a footbridge and onto more of a trail, I switched to my Nitecore Tiny Monster TM06s on the 4000 lumen high until the batteries died (one cell over discharged and the light wouldn't turn back on after giving it a break to cool down). This trail is very dark and has mountain lions frequently so you need a lot of light. I switched to my Nightcore E4K and MH10 v2 bungeed together in a figure 8 pattern. (Two bands wrapped around both lights in a configuration where they don't scratch each other). This gave me a max of 2250 lumens with a good balance of spot and throw light. I used this setup for the rest of the trip. The return trip was completed in 2.5 hours and it definitely wore me out.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I drank an extra glass of water before bed so I'd have to wake up during the night to use my little incan Rayovac Industrial 2aa.

5-F654-E79-BC7-C-4-FEA-B134-7-E46449-CE313.jpg

The red/white/blue sleeve makes it feel like a 6P sized barrel.

Last edited:

parang

Newly Enlightened
Awesome life hack! Flashlights keep us hydrated. :goodjob: :)

A regular job for my Manker E14 III is to help me navigate around mole hills on my way to the workshop and the shed. Its a 200 yards/meters treacherous round-trip.

razor541

Newly Enlightened
Used my HM61r to get more focused light on a solar battery box project I'm plugging away on. Plus the ensuing reorganization and sorting of tools back into the tool chest. Day before used the UC35 to see my way around a reclaimed lumber/antique-y type store. Overall a solid purchase imo :D

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
Used my Peli M6 last night to jump a car. We needed a little extra light to dig out the cables and find the battery terminals. 75 lumens was just about perfect.