What did you use your flashlight for today?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
During this past weekend, I went upstate to visit the home of my best friend's wife's mothers' house. They were visiting her from out-of-state, and I was invited. Considering I had seen the happy couple once in the last 3 years, I definitely wanted to go. All three of them love me, and I had gotten along great with her step-dad before he passed away from Cancer. (Wish you were still here, George.)

At night, I moved about the house to the bathroom with the light from my original Nitecore EZ AA model, or my freebie Lighthound coin-cell light. Both performed well. (Though if I'm completely honest, I have a bunch of the freebie Lighthound lights that died on me unexpectedly after being stored away for over a year.)

timokimm

Newly Enlightened
I live in a nice subdivision, had a strange car sitting in front of my house for a while, then another car pulled up.
They are parked in such a way that they are basically blocking our road and are right next to my mini-van parked out in the street. Finally I get my torch and walk out to see if they need help, or just need to get lost.
As I'm going out this girl is walking around the back of the car.
I turned on my light and blasted her in the face with it, while asking if they needed help. She said no they were leaving and were sorry...
Felt goooood!

Zephrus

Newly Enlightened
The most common thing is when I walk my German Shepherd around the lake at night. He also likes to chase the beam spot from some of the smaller "zoom" lights.

OCD

Enlightened
While at work I heard my co-worker curse under his breath and looked over to see him looking around on the floor. I asked him what he dropped and he said "...a tiny screw." He was working a a computer and dropped one the cover screws. I asked him what it looked like and he picked up another one and said "like this." I grabbed my HDS out of my holster, fired it up on high and put down on the carpet. After a few quick scans back and forth, I saw something shiny close to him. As I was going to ask what it was, he leaned down and picked up the screw. Then he said "that's a good light".

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
The other evening, used my Illuminati keyring light to help someone remove stitches (finally had to change the battery after this - but it's been a year). And today, used the same keyring light to simulate an arc flash on a SEL 751 protection relay during a demonstration.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Surefire backup with defender tail took yet another beating at the office today. First time i used it to break some drywall, i needed a bigger opening to pass some wires.

I also broke of a wall cover plate. Didn't have my flathead screwdriver on me and need to get wires into that opening.

Yay sf!

grayhighh

Enlightened
NICE!!!

My Surefire backup with defender tail took yet another beating at the office today. First time i used it to break some drywall, i needed a bigger opening to pass some wires.

I also broke of a wall cover plate. Didn't have my flathead screwdriver on me and need to get wires into that opening.

Yay sf!

Today, my flashlights task was easy. My keyring light tried to find the keyhole for me.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night someone buzzed my appartment (ground level) around 11:40 p.m. I had left the living room window slightly open (with a bar to stop it from opening more and make a loud noise if someone tried), so I got up from bed, took my IFE2 on very low to protect my toes and go investigate stealthily. I definitely wasn't expecting anyone and try to never answer if I am not - especially at night. There was some guy at the front door who disappeared for about a minute and came back and rang again before leaving soon after. I then saw a car pull out of the parking lot, drive across to the parking on the other side of the building. I went to look in the back, but nothing. A few minutes later I heard talking in front, so I went back to the living room window and saw some guy walk by while talking on the phone. What made this one strange is that he was looking straight at my window. Right about when he got to the parking lot, the car left in a hurry. The timing makes it look like he could have scared the weird driver away because I doubt he had time to get in the car and I didn't hear any car doors. Whatever it was, I was ready with hundreds of lumens in one hand and a two-handed sword in the other. Don't mess with a flashaholic because you don't know what other weird stuff they collect :D I stood watch for another 15 minutes before locking everything and going back to bed.

Borad

Enlightened
Used my Fenix E05 to photograph the inside of a wall through a small hole. I'm glad I got an AAA floodlight. This was for a project where I have to hide coaxial cable because my computer crashed, my modem wouldn't work with my new computer, my ISP gave me a hard time, and I switched to a cable modem requiring cables all over the walls. This is the first time I'm posting since the crash and I'm afraid to look up how long ago it was. Still not finished with all of this...

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have stopped paying attention to what I use my EDC lights for
i don't even consciously use them, they just seem to appear in my hand when I need them (I love having a good Kydex holster for my EDC, it's easier to replace It in the holster than it is to put it down somewhere)

I did use my M4 to play with one of my Cats though - he is a bit dense, and loves chasing any tightly collimated spot of light (finally a use for Maglites !)

(you know your a flashaholic if - your cat recognizes the sound of a Maxabeam being docked onto its battery pack, and comes running to see if your going to play with him)

beach honda

Enlightened
My lights have become an extension of my body, working autonomously to light the way at whichever volume and distance is required for the task at hand. Constantly using variable output low lows and low output red lighting to check on the baby at night or for water/restroom visits.

grayhighh

Enlightened
Chris,

Many people says that red light is one of the best choice for night use. I got a Milky U2 Creechur which have 1 red XP-E in the center and 6 XP-E bright white at the side. But seems like my eyes dosent like red really much. Trying to get used to the red now otherwise i'll just go with my old method - nichia with lowlow mode(moon light mode).

My lights have become an extension of my body, working autonomously to light the way at whichever volume and distance is required for the task at hand. Constantly using variable output low lows and low output red lighting to check on the baby at night or for water/restroom visits.

beach honda

Enlightened
Cary,

i use my 18650 powered 85Tr red low for my dedicated constant on bedside nightlight. Runs forever.
For navigating around the rest of the house, it's the ultra low of the RRT-01, the soft floody low of the Preon p0, or my beloved T1A.

I am saving up for Milky to mod my T1A to high CRI. (Gonna be a while) and I would love to find one of those red Surefire L1 that run FOREVER on a near dead battery. (Any idea where I might find one? :takeit: )

Currently I'm modding a novatac 170T to Nichia 219. We shall see how it turns out. THANKS DAN!!!!

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my mule to light up a server rack. The crazy wide beam is perfect for close work. The warm tint makes it feel like I'm holding a 40W Incan bulb.

I also use it on low for midnight house navigation.
The red from A2L works very well also

nathan225

Newly Enlightened
well last night was was the company dinner where I work. and this year they decided to have it out side near lake ' so there was some one there who had a pretty powerful led light and everyone was amazed by how bright it was and one person was telling me about what a nice light they had . you should seen their faces when I pulled out my quark mini with rc cr123 in it . and I even ended up giving out the foursevens wed site to some people who said that they would like to have one

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last monday we had a power cut for about a half hour. The power company had warned us a few days ahead, but I had totally forgotten. The power went out while I was in the kitchen, but I had my V11R neutral in my pocket so I had light within a few seconds. I tailstood it on medium mode (~60 lumens with a runtime of only 10 hours) while I took care of the dishes and a few house chores. FLASHAHOLISM RULES!

Cody Jansen

Newly Enlightened
Used a quark 123^2 to take a look under a deck to see if the support structure was rotten. Turned on the light and noticed that the batteries were low because it would not go to max mode. Today I did not bring a spare set of batteries either. Guess it was the classic if you don't have it you need it situation.

silenttim

Newly Enlightened
The pilot light went out on my hot water heater and I used my 9p to find where to relight the pilot.

FYI, before turning the burner back on, move your face away from the access gate.....

*oww*