What did you use your flashlight for today?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nope, not top floor or I would be moving already... although the woman next door to that app. is in her 80's and the woman on top weighs about 110 lbs and we talk whenever we cross each other... you're making me re-think now...

If that dainty 110 pound woman is right above, then don't move.

Soft, gentle, steps on your ceiling . . . I'd love a neighbor like that.

bradhammond

Newly Enlightened
What Do You Use Your Fenix TK41 or Other High Output Flashlight For?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and have just recently started becoming more interested in flashlights. I just got a Fenix TK41 U2 flashlight and think that it is great! I have used it for exploring the outdoors at night, bike riding and extra illumination in various places of my house. I got some Sanyo Eneloop batteries to go with the flashlight and think that they work great with it as well. What do you use your Fenix TK41 or other high output flashlight for?

nitrofein

Newly Enlightened
I used my zebralight h502c to fix my cousins car tonight. When I parked next to his car the neighbors were already there checking out the car with the good up. One of them had their cellphone light out and as I walked up I whipped out my light and blew everyone away. One said "$@&! He knows what he's doing." I think they all realized the value of a real light right then and there. Having quality tools on hand made everyone respect me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If that dainty 110 pound woman is right above, then don't move.

Soft, gentle, steps on your ceiling . . . I'd love a neighbor like that.

She's right above the empty apt. On top of me... That's probably my best incentive for moving there, but I do want to move away from the traffic, even if it's only by 1 street. Still thinking about my options. Maybe I should visit the apt. Again... At least just to use my lights :D

T45

Enlightened
Was driving around town for some errands and that twice cursed check engine light popped on. After a trip to Auto Zone to get a diagnostic read for the codes, cylinder misfire, I used my Foursevens Mini 123 to look under the hood at the spark plug well. Having a good light in my EDC package pays off once again!

cerbie

Enlightened
to rifle through some paper trash for an invoice that accidentally went to the wrong pile, before the trash guys came in the morning. Does the model used really even matter for that kind of use? :)

Inline6Silvia

Newly Enlightened
Was driving around town for some errands and that twice cursed check engine light popped on. After a trip to Auto Zone to get a diagnostic read for the codes, cylinder misfire, I used my Foursevens Mini 123 to look under the hood at the spark plug well. Having a good light in my EDC package pays off once again!

It's funny you posted this. My garage currently has two cars in it. One is my buddy's project car and the other is my Fun car which is currently winterized so it's immobile. My daily has been having issues the last couple days. By the time I get off work it's dark outside so I'm force to work on it in the dark. With my Microstream clipped to the bill of my hat, I was able to see my ECU under my dash and pull codes to see what was wrong with the car. I then proceeded to use my "headlamp" to replace a couple sensors under the hood. I love my cheap little Streamlight.

schmart

Newly Enlightened
This evening I was at a civic organization business meeting being held at a restaurant. We were supposed to watch a DVD presentation. Well first, the restaurant TV broke the day before, so a member ran home and picked up an old CRT TV. Unfortunately he forgot the TV remote so we couldn't switch inputs to the composite input. I finally identified how to use the alarm setting to have the TV come on with the video input selected. Then they realized the batteries in the remote for the DVD player were dead, and they couldn't control the player without it. Out came my trusty SC600. By removing the battery and using 2 paperclips as wires, I was able to hotwire the remote and get the program started. By overdriving the remote with the freshly charged LiIon cell, I didn't even really have to point the remote at the player!

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Used the Surefire Fury Defender to look for misplaced car keys in garage minutes before having to leave for work today.

El Camino

Newly Enlightened
A couple of weeks ago I visited Dixie Caverns. My XL200 was brighter than the tour guide's. I had a backup light, but I kept thinking in a place like that, I should have at least 4 lights. Just in case.

I've been using my Terralux Lightstar 80 at work. Yellow and green colors "pop" more with it. Cat 6 seems to show up better when terminating/punching down.

Oh, today I used my Energizer 1watt tactical to find my cat. it was feeding time, and he's deaf so I had to go get him. (he stays indoors)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
This evening I was at a civic organization business meeting being held at a restaurant. We were supposed to watch a DVD presentation. Well first, the restaurant TV broke the day before, so a member ran home and picked up an old CRT TV. Unfortunately he forgot the TV remote so we couldn't switch inputs to the composite input. I finally identified how to use the alarm setting to have the TV come on with the video input selected. Then they realized the batteries in the remote for the DVD player were dead, and they couldn't control the player without it. Out came my trusty SC600. By removing the battery and using 2 paperclips as wires, I was able to hotwire the remote and get the program started. By overdriving the remote with the freshly charged LiIon cell, I didn't even really have to point the remote at the player!

That NEEDS to be in the McGuyver thread... Just search McGuyver on CPF

tam17

Enlightened
Used my Nitecore EC2 to shine into zig-zagging corridors of an old fallout shelter under the building where I work. Lighting fixtures are in perfect working order, but where's fun in using them, hehe :D

Cheers

Iry

Newly Enlightened
Fenix PD30 + E21: Screwing down some loft panels and re-organizing the clutter I got up there. ;)

Flightsintx

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore PD11 with LiFe LiFePO4 battery:
Today looked in a trash can to retrieve something that got dropped in by my son.A
bout 10 times a week for inspection "under the hood" of gear at work.
Every night as a night light- before I turn out the lights, I turn it on, set it up as candle and have light to navigate by.
On the night stand it is sometimes refered to it as a f---light..
EDC you bet. I can't stand to not have it in my pocket every day.

Ishango

Enlightened
I used my Maglite Pro tonight to charge up the GITD stars on the ceiling of my daughters' bedroom, so she could watch them from her bed before going to sleep. I then used my SC52 on moonmode to navigate the house to avoid waking her up later.

lepeds

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK35, PD30, EagleTac D25c

The power went out a half hour before the kids bedtime (dark by then). I used my Fenix TK35 to ceiling bounce. That along with a PD30, and a EagleTac D25c EDC and a modded 2xAA maglight, everyone had a light to play with....i mean utilize. Aside from having to stop playing the Wii U, the kids had a blast just playing in the dark....or what would have been the dark had I not been prepared. Bed time was normal, as i normally read the bedtime story with the modded 2xAA maglight.

I'm pretty sure it was the first time my wife was semi-glad I had a flash-light problem....err solution?

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Used my EDC to take a picture of and post here on CPF for someone asking about the pocket clip size today.