What did you use your flashlight for today?

groutboy_1

Enlightened
" Partly sunny, 80ish ° f...Side bedroom, dark, A/C blasting, 66°F, night drapes...Compared Fenix TK 15 s2, and Olight m22 warrior- tired, and beat...Good intensity results....Fenix kept up with higher lumen output M22 .....Have a soft spot for that little Fenix...though focus could be better with beam at longer distances...suffers flaw in strong
ejuqezav.jpg
outer hotspot halo, and hazy center...Still a good performer...Same for XML Olight!"

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two nights ago the power went out around midnight. After saving some work on the computer, I used a Fenix P2D to find my Fenix MC10 Anglelight. I put it on the nightstand, set it on low, angled the head up, and pointed it at the juncture of 2 walls, for use as night-light/area lighting. Most of the time, I will grab an SF/lego to "go check out something", but I really appreciate the low light level and useful design of the 1xAA Anglelight, and the fact that I was running it off of an Eneloop. With the possible exception of my Streamlight Sidewinder, none of my other lights would have fit the bill quite as nicely, and the Anglelight has a much nicer beam quality than the Sidewinder.

Last edited:

sinner-cpf

Newly Enlightened
Keep one in the car just in case and today was the day when I needed the most, I had my lighter lost under the seats or something and It was amazing how much this helped I could have been looking for ever and couldnt have found as it was in a sneaky place.

Taz80

Enlightened
Used my TK35ue to chase two raccoons out of the yard before I let the dog out. And since the tree the coons went up was just on the other side of my fence, all he did was run up and down the fence barking. Not exactly a productive trip to the doggy loo. I did manage to get some pictures, using the TK35ue on turbo, so I guess it wasn't totally unproductive.

BloodLust

Enlightened
Typhoon Ramusen just hit us and we are in the middle of a power outage. 14 hours now and still going.

I used my Fenix LD10 with the wand diffuser and the Energizer Light Fusion 2-in-1 the most.

Some insights though:
I have lots of flashlights but not enough lanterns. I have a few small cheap handheld lanterns.
Energizer Light Fusion 2-in1 flashlight/lantern at 100 lumens but it's barely adequate if doing
some intensive work. Will be getting a higher lumen lantern when I head to the US.

ven

Flashaholic
Used some small shiny lights for a pic:p

Tested the eo5 out a little,need dark though..............

Also used my sr51 on low for inspections,checking paper alignment on machinery ,2 webs travelling over a former and down a tube into end seal units. Does require a more throwy light to penetrate perspex guarding,often resulting in a little blindness if not at correct angle :laughing:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Put a couple of new Duracell AAA cells into my 4Sevens Preon 2 with Preon 1 tailcap. Excellent back-pocket carry light. Haven't used it in years. Tested out the U.I. a couple of times at work.

markr6

Flashaholic
Used my SC52w to sell itself :laughing: (sale pending)

Great light, but I never really use this light anymore. It's all about my SC62d and soon to be SC62w when I purchase that one.

SIGconvert

Newly Enlightened
I just finished inspecting some holding tanks full of thousands of gallons of phosphoric acid with my old Surefire L1.