What did you use your flashlight for today?

MountainKing

Newly Enlightened
A one and a half hours 'hell' job changing the rollers in my sons furniture sliding drawer. My back is still very very sore and hurting. The H52W worked wonders :)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
After I parked last night I thought I saw some glass on the ground behind my car, so I got out my Fenix PD35vn triple XPL to take a look. Sure enough, there was some glass, so then I knew which spots to avoid when leaving the spot later on.

I also dropped a couple pieces of food on the ride, so I used the same light to look under the seat and successfully retrieve them.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
After I parked last night I thought I saw some glass on the ground behind my car, so I got out my Fenix PD35vn triple XPL to take a look. Sure enough, there was some glass, so then I knew which spots to avoid when leaving the spot later on.

I also dropped a couple pieces of food on the ride, so I used the same light to look under the seat and successfully retrieve them.
Note: "Please check all local/state ordnance regarding the possession, use, implementation, and ownership of *so-called tactical/^ High Lumen police style flashlights ...There may be permit, and, or licensing requirements in your locale, or require training, or safety classes before use in public.. Please contact your local police department for information..."
"Never eat the Mc nuggets from under the seat! "[emoji38]

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha! It was a shame that I dropped them because I spent the day vacuuming and detailing the inside of the car. Oh well, at least the food was found, and I did refrain from eating it off the floor!

ahtoxa11

Newly Enlightened
Used my newly received Eagletac S200c2 to throw the beam around my apartment complex (not at the windows) and have a few kids ask curious questions.

geokite

Newly Enlightened
I use daily a ZL H32F in the "0.36" lumen mode to not wake my wife up in the morning getting my things together.

I also use, daily, a ZL SC600 II L2 as a front flasher (4Hz) on my bike, going to work. 1100 lumens as a flasher is amazingly bright in the daytime; drivers are going to see me.

I also use, daily, a ZL H502r attached to the back of my helmet, also flashing in 4Hz mode.

Steve

mc84

Newly Enlightened
Gf was using a keychain light to walk her dogs which illuminated about 3 footsteps ahead of her. The little shih tzu decided to bolt, she frantically tried to shine her light to follow her with no luck! Luckily i kept my mmu-x3r on me ( the one she told me to leave at home cause it was overkill for a flashlight ). She took back every bad thing she said about the mmu but not all my other flashlights!

Burnt_Umbra

Newly Enlightened
Put fresh eneloops in the semi-retired Nitecore EA4 and walked the entire complex (three small buildings) looking for anything unusual, including crawling under the house. I'm on a corner lot and the police had one street blocked with crime scene tape as they searched door to door for a suspect in a shooting. My property was not included in the search area but I thought I might as well take a look around. Just to make sure. The good news; I found nothing out of the ordinary and the police found their suspect. *B_U

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
We took some pictures of devices in the lab today, so I used the Fenix PD35vn triple XPL to provide some illumination. They didn't have to be super nice, so the light was perfectly adequate for the job despite the fact that I used direct illumination which created some strong shadows.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
My belt EDC LD02's been seeing quite a bit of service lately, because I've been trying to nail down a leak from a water cistern. The room lighting's been fine for most of the job, so I didn't bother with a headlamp, but the LD02's been great for close up examinations and lighting from multiple angles - the water droplets sparkle nicely when I do that, so they're nice and easy to find.

theshoelacebandit

Newly Enlightened
Put my H52W on my dogs neck in flashing mode so that cars could see us as he pulled me around the neighborhood on my longboard. He's a 100 lb German Shepherd

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Let my friend I was visiting before the approaching rain storm would eliminate all sunlight take my EDC D25C to find a piece of mail she insisted she had to find. Was not worried because of my D25aaa in my other pocket. Oh, she just found it, she said thanks to the light she reiterated.

OCD

Enlightened
Helped my sister and her family move into an apartment until they can move into their new house. Went into their bedroom to assemble thier bed frame and had no light (no overhead fixture, just a wall outlet on the switch for a lamp). No problem for a flashaholic...out came my Thunite Ti Ti. Clipped it to my hat and went to work. My dad joined me with his Maratac AAA SS. About halfway though, someone got us a lamp.
:thumbsdow

Ishango

Enlightened
This weekend we went to the Batavia, a replica of the old East India Company ship of the same name and took a tour through the shipyard and on the ship. On the inside they have artificial lights nowadays, but on the deepest part of the ship the guide wanted to point out a few things that were difficult to see. So I used my Preon 1 on medium to illuminate that part. Nice to see the details on that beautiful ship.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I use my Convoy C8 to monitor the dog in the back yard every night. It's 211ft deep and I can't see too good in the dark.

Yesterday/last night I used my convoy S2+ to inspect the front of the engine on a 2001 Tahoe with inop A/C. Father-in-Law had a little 15 LED harbor freight dealy..couldn't see anything, lol. My S2+ on HIGH showed me what was missed previously, a tiny little section between brackets that indicated a broken A/C belt out of place and all twisted. Chalk one up for super bright lights!

Hi Jason,
I am glad to see that you are finding good uses for your Convoy S2+ and that you are happy with it. It really is my favorite "general use" light out to 60-80 feet.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
We were working underneath a beach house today to get it ready for the summer and had to close some valves before turning on the water to the house. It was very dark under the house, so we used the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm as the main source of illumination for closeup work. We also used the Nitecore TM06vn to supplement and see the whole area at once. It was a great combo.

ven

Flashaholic
Packed the quad pd35vn and tn36vn ready for camping along with the Fenix cl20. Also packed my d25c ti neutral and vinking pro 2.5(just in case:whistle:). Charging Callums Tube up,he has a few flashlights packed and even the daughter too. The boss also has a couple of lanterns and a convoy s8/TubeVN .........jeez no room for anything else :laughing:

Latest posts