What did you use your flashlight for today?

kj2

Flashaholic
Nightly dog walk. On a dead-end road next to a forest. At some point, there is a small parking spot where occasionally, youngsters meet. To be safe, I used my Olight R20 to check if someone was there. I noticed there was something on the fence behind. Bumped my light to max, and saw a beautiful owl sitting. Just relaxing and didn't even bother that I killed his night vision. After a minute or so, he took off. Nature at his best :)

groutboy_1

Enlightened
"Used Lowe's 320lm, 4aaa, Lux-Pro Tactical 600 Flashlight to throw out trash, and walk to resident parking lot..."*(This light is available at Lowe's stores for a meger $19.99. Light has throw equivalent to Fenix TK 15, with a brightness equal to a Mag Tac...Not a bad package...Nice white tint...)*

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night used a LUMINTOP Tool to help wife find her daughter's new (picked up that day) cat hiding inside the boxspring frame in the spare bedroom.

This morning used a ZebraLight SC62d to illuminate the inside of our septic tank while it was being pumped.

The fun never ends

GearHunter

Enlightened
Spent yesterday afternoon at the zoo with my family and always in my pocket HDS...lots of dark places to look into....problem is every time you show your daughter where the snake/gator/beaver etc is hiding there are 15 more kids that want to see and you just can't say no to the kids! Then of course you get asked 10 times " why do you have a flashlight with you?" By the patents of the same kids you are helping....by the last time my answer was " don't all good dads have a light in there pocket?"

bykfixer

Flashaholic
"Used Lowe's 320lm, 4aaa, Lux-Pro Tactical 600 Flashlight to throw out trash, and walk to resident parking lot..."*(This light is available at Lowe's stores for a meger $19.99. Light has throw equivalent to Fenix TK 15, with a brightness equal to a Mag Tac...Not a bad package...Nice white tint...)*

I have a few lux-pro items. So far so good.
If I were to name one as my edc it would probably be the 180 lumen LP 470 because it's fairly portable, $15, focus-able, plenty bright and has good run time. But I like the 290 lumen 630 model too.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spent yesterday afternoon at the zoo with my family and always in my pocket HDS...lots of dark places to look into....problem is every time you show your daughter where the snake/gator/beaver etc is hiding there are 15 more kids that want to see and you just can't say no to the kids! Then of course you get asked 10 times " why do you have a flashlight with you?" By the patents of the same kids you are helping....by the last time my answer was " don't all good dads have a light in there pocket?"

I'm a good dad, does it mean I'm a better dad if I have more than one flashlight on me? hahha

wle

Newly Enlightened
got a book about wall shadows for kids

discovered that no light i have, makes sharp shadows

took lens off random cheap LED {candle mode}, voila, pinpoint source, sharp clear shadows!
of course the light goes everywhere with no optics
still
it works
and i was surprised that the shadows are so fuzzy when lenses, etc are in place

wle

Last edited:

DaftEarth20883

Newly Enlightened
I brought all of my lights with me to a nice mountain road, without much light pollution and just looked at how bright each one was in real darkness, and the throw of each light, some were really good.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
I have a few lux-pro items. So far so good.
If I were to name one as my edc it would probably be the 180 lumen LP 470 because it's fairly portable, $15, focus-able, plenty bright and has good run time. But I like the 290 lumen 630 model too.
Cool. They had those and some coast lights. The 600 also has a low, and strobe setting. It's not bad...Still use my Fenix p 35 as my main edc...Along with the tk 15s, Lux-Pro, or updated 200 lm maglite xl50, or my Olight warrior at 950lm but with throw...

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Was at my wifes grandmother's lake house today doing some yard work so they can sell it. Her uncle wanted to look in the garage attic and he brought his old 6v powered flashlight. Of course the battery seemed to have maybe 2v left in it so I offered to run to the truck to get my light. Sure he said so I grabbed my trusty Xtar B20 pilot (my EDC while on small missions) and offered it to him. Wow he said, that's a nice light! It pretty much fully illuminated the entire attic and only wished I had brought my TM-26, oh well maybe next time. How many lights can one carry with them not knowing what may require a massive amount of light... lol.

pvsampson

Newly Enlightened
Use all my lights every night but last night heard a Boobook owl close to the house.Grabbed the SRT7 and went for a look but spotted a possum in a big gum tree.Got my camera and wasn't enough light for a clear pic so got the M2X and that sorted it out.Difficult holding light and camera and getting focus but ended getting a couple of good pics.Didn't get the Boobook though.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use all my lights every night but last night heard a Boobook owl close to the house.Grabbed the SRT7 and went for a look but spotted a possum in a big gum tree.Got my camera and wasn't enough light for a clear pic so got the M2X and that sorted it out.Difficult holding light and camera and getting focus but ended getting a couple of good pics.Didn't get the Boobook though.
Obviously, pictures or it didn't happen. ☺

pvsampson

Newly Enlightened
Now that I am home....

11029651_10206269182360487_4098887230367813676_n.jpg

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
To peep into my baby boy diaper's if he "poo poo" at night and need the diaper to be changed

I use the sense of smell for that one :) but I use the ArmyTek firefly mode 1 (less than 1 lumen) to check and be doubly sure and satisfy my flashaholicism.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I am home....

11029651_10206269182360487_4098887230367813676_n.jpg
Awesome, thank you.

One day I'll get a picture of the old old grandpa beaver that lives in river valley, it has to be a good three feet tall plus by its back hump.
Estimate, 80+ lbs.
Best viewed from a distance, first spotted it and thought it was a huge porcupine, or bush with legs.
Was too dark, and crappy lights for pictures then, but one day I'll be better prepared to meet him again an post.
Sorry for O/T.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Used a flashlight to see in a dimly lit shower stall while installing a shower massage. Ensured all the old pipe tape was gone from the white plastic pipe...
Then used it pop in a small nail on a wall to hang a picture.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Used a flashlight to see in a dimly lit shower stall while installing a shower massage. Ensured all the old pipe tape was gone from the white plastic pipe...
Then used it to pop in a small nail on a wall to hang a picture.

Last edited:

mhpreston

Enlightened
fa4bcdc5ff79f48d1a55892978be04e3.jpg
Cycling home in the dark from rowing I followed the river path for a couple of miles. It's a bit rough in places and I have been quite impressed with my old Cateye Nano Shot USB rechargeable rated at 250 lumens. On the water I used my ever-handy Petzl Zipka as a temporary navigation light. It went into the river too (strapped to a flag mast) but no problems at all.

Last edited: