What did you use your flashlight for today?

ven

Flashaholic
Nipped to the country park with my little one,took a few lights and had an little explore around the lake and woods. Took a few beam pics off the iphone 6 plus,good camera but of course does it no justice as on auto.

The lights i had k60vn/viking pro 2.5/v11r

v11r xml2-u3

Viking pro v2.5 cold

Quite a bit of light from the moon so not total darkness, enough light to see around with adapted eyes anyway

Callum in the edge of the spill

k60vn shaved dome

Hot spot!

Lots of mist in the air from the lake, look at the flood though!! it lights up a field

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks poppy, yes we had a fun hour but could not leave rach too long back home(had her op on Tue and recovering). Was good to get out for a bit with our lights. Of course callum was more prepared with his ruck sack :laughing:. Going to try and get out every weekend weather permitting and as the nights get darker sooner it will be easier.

Time goes so fast........He is only 5 and is a young flashaholic for sure:)

Have a great one too poppy,hope all is well your way:thumbsup:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pictures, ven! That looks like a lot of fun. I didn't use my lights for much today, but I visited an aquarium today and was glad I brought along the Fenix PD35vn triple XPL just in case. Some of those rooms were super dark even when the power was on, so I can only imagine what they'd be like without power.

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
British Columbia, Canada was windy today - Trees fell, Skytrain shattered & had a blackout at work. We were shifting perishables into the Trailer freezer. My flashlight on hand was the key-chain Nitecore Tube.
Found out my workplace was blackout when I arrived. Had I known, I would have brought my Nitecore TM16.

Photos

Last edited:

pvsampson

Newly Enlightened
Not long gotten dark here...Girls used their M23's to feed the cat and dog,then had a look around the bush next to the house yard.Heard the Boobook in a tree in the yard and tried to get a look,but those little things are flighty and all I managed to see was a moving branch after it took off.Got my M2X and we played laser fights in the sky.

Oh and used the M11R Dream to put a necklace on the youngest.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
"Last night, at around 9pm. Used Lumapower vx2 D mini 600lms to drop off trash at the residential dumpster, walk to the parking lot, and head off to work...."

YAK-28

Enlightened
friday evening the wife played me like a fiddle. she had tickets for a "twilight & flashlights" glass garden sculptures event at stan hywet gardens, a few blocks from our home. flashlights were provided( a small plastic led light, that actually was a surprisingly nice little light). of course i brought some of my own(just in case), an ld50, mh20, sc600w, ec4 and my key chain lights. i didn't want to get to carried away and embarrass the wife. i only noticed 1 other quest with a unrecognized 3d cell yellow light. i actually had a pretty good time, it was a fairly large garden/lawn area, nicely arraigned with glass placed throughout. there were a few spots latter in the evening where the ld50 and sc600w were appreciated by event goers to help in their viewing. one spot i think i could have used my tm26(maybe next weekend). for once my wife didn't mind the lights at all. if you are in the akron ohio area next weekend, give it a try. it was a good 2 1/2 hours.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I wonder if any of the glass sculptures would have responded to UV light. That could open up a whole new dimension to the event. :)

I used my PD32UE on medium to read some small print on a headlight bulb in order to find an exact replacement. Mission accomplished.

LedTed

Enlightened
Because I had one of those days which went from 6AM straight through to the following 3AM, I used my ever present NC D11.2 to illuminate the sidewalk as I went for a short stroll to unwind and relax; so that I could take a nap before starting again at 6AM.

While I passed under one of the boulevard trees, I heard a rustling about ten feet almost directly above me. With a quick shortcut to max, in the spill beam, I could easily see the squirrel responsible for the noise. Apparently, he didn't appreciate my light and quickly ascended about another forty feet up to the tree's top. At the final distance of about fifty feet, with the hot spot, I could still clearly make out the little guy's: appendages, white tummy, and glowing eyes; as he positioned himself to safely wonder at me. It was then that I realized I was bothering the tree rat, and decided to go back home. On the way back I concluded that the squirrel was stealing from another's food nest; hence the tree top stare I got. That's what I told myself anyway.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've accidentally lit up a couple of stray kittens and one weird four legged critter while doing the nightly parking lot foot patrol at my job with my 2AA Enercel LED light adjusted for throw. Always by accident. But damn! Cats eyes are reflective for miles it seems.

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Living in the Vancouver BC area this weekend, it was a flashaholic's dream.
We experienced a wicked windstorm and lost power saturday afternoon, and ours was out until 1 am, others are still out ( monday evening now), so when our company came over saturday night, I was well prepared.
Tri V2 to light up the living room, Aqua Ram tail standing provided extra support, SPY007 for bathroom another in the kitchen.
We never missed a beat with respect the a lighting situation. I am wondering what the neighbours thought as our house was well lit, and everyone else in the dark, except for a couple candles in peoples living rooms.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've accidentally lit up a couple of stray kitten and one weird four legged critter while doing the nightly parking lot foot patrol at my job with my 2AA Enercel LED light adjusted for throw. Always by accident. But damn! Cats eyes are reflective for miles it seems.
That critter sounds interesting, muskrat or something?

Yes, cats have neat eyes.
One of the oddity carnivores that reflects golden yellow instead of red.

Though, very few can say they've saw a bird's eye reflect a flashlight. Eyes like Wilma Flintstone.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Yes, cats have neat eyes.
One of the oddity carnivores that reflects golden yellow instead of red.

Believe that has to do with the tapetum lucidum, which reflects light that passes through the retina back into the eye, which improves night vision greatly at some expense to overall visual acuity. Otherwise, when ever you see their eyes lit up at an angle, the interior is quite red. Dogs have this too, but apparently not to the same degree - although one wonders if this is more due to behavior - a cat is more likely to look directly at everything than a dog?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That critter sounds interesting, muskrat or something?
Might have been a muskrat or something similar. Thought it was a kitten at first. But noticed it was too fat, moved too slowly, wasn't afraid of me, and had no reflective eyes. Just glad it was at the far end of the parking lot.