What did you use your flashlight for today?

Goldwrap

Newly Enlightened
I was walking to my car in the underground parking garage after work when it happened: power outage. Yes, I thought, this is it! All these years of training. All these years of EDCing. I pulled out my Nitecore MT10A and clicked it on. Car bumpers popped out of the darkness. I cranked up the modes to turbo and the entire garage lit up in front of me with smooth light. I proceeded towards my vehicle.

I heard some noise to my left and saw two parking attendants come running around the corner towards the stairs, cell phone lights dimly lighting their way. C'mon guys, you work underground! Carry a flashlight! Well, maybe seeing mine made them think about it.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Using the gifted Surefire sidekick I tried to sort out why my nearly-derelict 96 F150 doesn't like to start (as in turn the key, solenoid engages for a fraction of a second then everything dies). Decided there's something going on with the positive lead off the battery and got no further since I was not eager to crawl under the truck in the dark and the lead vanishes under the structure anyway. The good news is once it starts after after tweaking the positive lead multiple times it has no problem running.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I were on our way home from eating dinner and she needed to get gas in her car. I was outside the car pumping gas and heard a weird noise coming from another car entering the gas station, and when I looked over I saw that the rear tire was completely flat and coming off the rim. The guy drove up to the air pump and I knew that wasn't going to be enough, so I walked over and asked if he needed help.

He didn't have any idea how to change a tire and also claimed he didn't have a jack, but it's possible he just didn't know where the jack was located in his car. Regardless, we used our jack and swapped his spare on for him. My awesome wife pumped up the spare while I got the tire off which saved a bunch of time. It was a tough job getting the tire off too - the lug nuts were on probably tighter than spec and I had to push on the bottom of the wheel with my foot and pull on the top with my hands really hard to get the stuck wheel off.

Anyway, the Fenix PD35 triple XPL was great for lighting up the scene, and my wife used the E20 to pump up the tire (we put one of those in each of our cars with spare Lithium batteries). I just kind of wished I had the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm headlamp with me so light placement wasn't as awkward. It wasn't that inconvenient though, and it felt great to help the guy out. He was really appreciative.

jpwaffles

Newly Enlightened
I finally used the reverse clip on my Streamlight Microstream to clip to my hat while I installed a new SSD into my Mom's aging laptop.

OUTDOOR

Newly Enlightened
i used my Convoy S2+ (U2 1A) to tint my car windows! needed something to see through the windows after they were tinted in a dark garage - worked fine :)

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walked my sister's dog while she is away on vacation with my Z2 & CQvn. It is able to light up a large area in front of me to see things clearly in dark areas.
Prevented myself from stepping on someone else's doggie poop.
And prevented someone else from stepping on my doggie's poop while i was preparing to pick up the poop...

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my PD35vn triple XPL to light up the inside of my desktop computer case to add another graphics card. This is a really old card my friend gave me for free that allows me to add more monitors to the setup. I also replaced a fan that had worn out bearings and installed a larger ssd.

kj75

Enlightened
Used my PD35vn triple XPL to light up the inside of my desktop computer case to add another graphics card. This is a really old card my friend gave me for free that allows me to add more monitors to the setup. I also replaced a fan that had worn out bearings and installed a larger ssd.
Played around with Fenix LD75C, Nitecore CB6 and HC90 and Klarus RS20 because my son likes colours. Tried out the Klarus RS30.

Caught a nice pike in the dark using the Nitecore HC90.

Took beamshots this evening with Olight M23 Javelot, Fenix TK32 and Nitecore MH27. Used the MecArmy PT16 also during the session.

ven

Flashaholic
Walked my sister's dog while she is away on vacation with my Z2 & CQvn. It is able to light up a large area in front of me to see things clearly in dark areas.
Prevented myself from stepping on someone else's doggie poop.
And prevented someone else from stepping on my doggie's poop while i was preparing to pick up the poop...

Isn't the CQvn great for dog walking..........its that good i may even get a dog now for it:laughing:

Just a nice wall of light, plenty of flood for close to medium distance in a relatively compact size.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the CQvn great for dog walking..........its that good i may even get a dog now for it:laughing:

Just a nice wall of light, plenty of flood for close to medium distance in a relatively compact size.
Yup, its definitely a good close to slightly medium range light. The wall of light is great. And buying a dog because of a light, that sounds like a good idea. Lol..

There was another night when i used it to shine under the bridge to see some fishes at night.
When i was done, i turned it off & walked away. The couple next to me & the lady let off a *gasp* & they turned to look at us. They probably thought it was the moon light that was lighting things up for them. [emoji13] My wife was kinda proud at that moment. Lol..

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I turned an incan Dorcy 2D into an LED Dorcy 4B.

^^ before

^^ during

^^ after

A non working light was cleaned and repaired, then affixed with a nite ize emitter for burglar blinding bullseye beam...4B.

Fasten a laser on that sucker and...look out would be burgler.

And if he tries to run....

^^ go ahead...make my day

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Although led, I just give my little one a lenser p17 which is 3xD cell, he loves anything large and even more if it zooms! So another to his collection , it was just stored in my works tool box for ages. Alki cells were fine(checked regular anyway). Recycled and popped 3 new duracells in.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not today, but on the weekend. Was walking my dogs, and at the end of the soccer field, probably 350 or more feet away, some kids ( assume kids as I couldn't see them), were playing with flashlights, and the lit up the side of a house near them ( okay, lit up was an overstatement, then shone their lights against the house).
I had my Tri V3 with me, so once their beams were back on the ground, I LIT UP THE HOUSE from where I was. I could see their little beams shine in my direction to see what/who I was.
I am pretty sure they thought I may have been a LEO as they didn't stick around.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Oh NO!!! I used my phone as a flashlight today!

I left my EDC on my keys, when I left my keys at my sister's house for the weeknd. I drove my dad's car to Florida for him, and flew back home. Although I packed a flashlight in my carry on bag, at the last minute the bag was taken away and put in storage. It was a night flight and for the most part the cabin was dark.

I had to use the lavatory, and it was dark. I had to use my phone, to locate the ON switch for the light in there. I tried pushing a button, before I reached for my light... Opps! It was the stewardess... call button! :eek: Apparently, the light doesn't come on until one closes the door, and slides the locking bolt in place. :ohgeez: Hmmm... not the best design.

Actually, the floody light of the phone would have done good enough a job. :thumbsup:

Sffred

Newly Enlightened
to compare an Malkoff Arisaka m300 build to my Surefire m300 w/2 mode E1 back up head