What did you use your flashlight for today?

ven

Flashaholic
Cool stuff mike, hard to beat a handful of lights and stretching their beams out and across an area...............never grows old:cool:

ven

Flashaholic
I used my 120e for around 30m i think, i dont know as i was not timing it. The use was...............of no use! Why............well it had accidentally been activated in my coat, the medium mode of around 60 or so lumens got it quite warm and the 16340 cell down to 3.57v. So i guess i used my light without knowing:rolleyes: The down side of a raised clicky!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Cool stuff mike, hard to beat a handful of lights and stretching their beams out and across an area...............never grows old:cool:

Agreed. I have the house to myself a couple days a month lately.. err uh evenings I mean. So there's nobody around until 9 or so.
So what does a flashaholic do in the downtime? Well you know the answer to that my friend. And where I live the humidity is way down so there's not as many free lumens bouncing off all of the surrounding water vapors, nor are the trees putting off alergens yet.

I get a kick out of the optics chosen by light makers who designed them to get the most photons out as far as practical without having to use automobile bright beams to accomplish that.
I giggle like a school kid when firing up the max bright numbers. But marvel at just how much illumination can be tweaked from some of the lesser powered units in the hoarde. I suppose that's why after all these years I still dig on the ancient (by todays standards) Maglite products.

ven

Flashaholic
I would love to grab an arsenal of lights Mike and come join you on a flashlight expedition of beam variety excellence:D How cool would it be going through the last century of lights, comparing beams, CT's/tints and target things in the distance.............whilst talking flashlights!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I would love to grab an arsenal of lights Mike and come join you on a flashlight expedition of beam variety excellence:D How cool would it be going through the last century of lights, comparing beams, CT's/tints and target things in the distance.............whilst talking flashlights!

Let me know when you want to so I can bring some sunglasses... holy cow you have some bright ones.

irongate

Enlightened
Tonight was a battle royal in a nearby cul-de-sac. I failed to charge my phone beforehand so no pix. But I stood on the same manhole lid 300' from a basketball goal that is about 50' from a woodline.

A Streamlight ProTac (HL4 on 600 medium) vs 850 lumen Defiant vs PK Warrior 2 vs PowerTac Warrior 1050 vs SureFire EB1c vs Maglite XL50 vs Pentagon X3 with a LightKnot drop in.

The HL4 was not as bright as the Defiant at lighting the night, but the Defiant looks like you are lighting the night with a flashlight where the HL4 provides a nice diffused incan glow like the sun was shining dimly. Even the 2200 lumen high had a tough time beating the Defiant. It's a mighty bright light for $10-12. Oh I definitely prefered the HL4 beam, but cannot say enough good about that Defiant.

It absolutely destroyed both warriors in output even though both are 1000 lumen lights. The PK provides more overall light and better throw than the PowerTac. Both do well as pure white beam tint. The PK Warrior is quite the self defense tool as a bonus. No worry of a Bobcat ruining the fun.

The most amazing was the 200 lumen EB1 easily out threw every light I had with me. A shortbus rider sized pencil beam (ie oversized) throws a crazy distance. The Mag did it's best and the skinny beam was respectable, but it was a formula 1 car versus a bicycle when it went up against the EB1.

The X3 stole the show. It outshined even the Defiant. Both spot, spill and throw it was like Goldberg vs the Mulky brothers except for the Defiant. But the Defiant ended up in second place.
A podium finish for a $10 light? Not bad. The final podium spot went to the EB1 simply because it throws farther than my eyes can focus with a respectable spill using 1 CR123.

Fun with flashlights while lowering my cholesterol. What a life it is being a flashaholic.

3C Defiant 850 lumen Not a bad light for $12. at H.D. at Christmas time, not bad throw or flood for that money.

ven

Flashaholic
Various things over the week, from servicing one of these

To changing one of these gearboxes

and motor

and spying to make sure some of Madisons little ones are doing OK, peanut, toffee and pudding..............

Little variety in uses over a typical week, next week will be different again...............

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had to work in here in the dark!
Convoy C8 & S2+ for the job.

68,000 sq ft in this one room

ac807721126f9c8754c6bd979ddfc4cf.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
AV, i see that pic and my 1st thought is rc40vn40....................but the tk75vnQ70 and rc40vnF will do nicely as back ups:D

Thats is a flood testing zone and some................

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
AV, i see that pic and my 1st thought is rc40vn40....................but the tk75vnQ70 and rc40vnF will do nicely as back ups:D

Thats is a flood testing zone and some................

Had to go with what I had with me.
Its an NFL indoor practice field and the building power was out!
I had some fun though!

ven

Flashaholic
I can imagine!!! that is a perfect playground for light testing/beam pics!!

Hope your job was not to go round changing the bulbs! :faint:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can imagine!!! that is a perfect playground for light testing/beam pics!!

Hope your job was not to go round changing the bulbs! :faint:

Nope
I had to figure out why the building unlocked when power went out.
I dont think the lights are allowed to burn out there?

FortyCaliber

Newly Enlightened
The reason that I joined this forum was to find a flashlight that would be good to take on an airplane. Late last week I had to use someone else's flashlight to start an IV while flying home from Hawaii! I found out that there is not enough overhead lights on commercial airliners to start a IV.

Bkoyle

... and this is how the addiction starts. Welcome!

Polynikes

Newly Enlightened
5d2b4944ebb23379c8e8653402043581.jpg

Used my Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA dual fuel to look into my white German Shepherd's (Luna) ears and confirm she has an ear infection.
Poor girl :(

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nice photo polynikes!
Welcome to the site.

Tonight I had the distinction of being accompanied by Mrs. Fixer who wanted to take a nice stroll around the block.
His n hers G2x Pro's were featured as they start on low to provide a moving light when carried arms swinging while the light is aimed down.
A pair of PK FL2's were the back up for us.
So basically we both had a flashlight in each hand attached at the wrist via a lanyard.

She had a Bones in her jacket pocket for spotting critters in trees while I had my LED'd X3 for same.

In my pocket were a Klarus P1a twisted to low incase my G2x konked out. The other pocket had a Pelican 2350 programmed to start on low in case hers did.

Fun with the Mrs on a mild Sunday evening. She remarked about the tint of the Bones.... "this looks like a really bright birthday candle". I thought that was a great way to summarize the beam.

pondwater

Newly Enlightened
being the cable gut i use mine when hitting crawl spaces or attics, works a hell of alot better then the phone that i was before