What did you use your flashlight for today?

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're in the middle of moving to a new place so I've had my Olight S2r Baton clipped to my pants pocket all the time. It has come in handy plenty of times for looking in a room where we haven't moved a lamp to yet as well as checking dark corners of our SUV to find items that may have fallen.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Now that is proper use of a flashlight.
Not that others are not, but it's times like that which puts us flashaholics ahead of the curve.

Last night I entered an auditorium figuring on taking a few snaps of my step son in a play and found out I was the only photographer in the joint (unless you count celcam pix) so there was a need for ratcheting up the quality so as not to disappoint the drama teacher who asked me to be the "official" picture taker.

It was dark and I needed to do some minor tweaks using a camera I hadn't used a lot lately. My PL2 on low lit things without disturbing the neighbors. 10 test shots later and I was dialed in. A Mag Solitaire (incan) would've been perfect for see-ing the buttons and dials while remaining completely annonymous but ya use what you brung, right? 12 lumens won't so bad.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to use my SC62 to light the Black Hole under my car seat where my SC52 seems to like to hide.
I broke my little finger Yesterday on the retrieving hand too just to make it more interesting evidently?

OUCH!

I can see it but can not get it just now.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use noctigon m43 to change the rear differential fluid on the truck.. it wasnt fun.. lol.. it was raining.. i got the job done.. :)

cerbie

Enlightened
To find itself! In the wee hours of this morning, I stumbled upon a recently misplaced HDS, which was very well covered, and not anywhere close to where I was expecting, it, thanks to the standby locator.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my way home, encountered a 20+ pound raccoon walking my way. It saw me and froze about 30 feet away and I stopped as well. I lit it up with my S1A with 14500 just to better see it and keep track of its next move. The guy got startled and made for a small alley. Glad that I had a light with me, not that it would have driven it away, because this particular light couldn't have, and raccoons are known not to give a crap about light, but to see and keep track of potential dangers.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used mine for checking the basement for raccoons. Then my son used it for testing his teeth strength and hitting his sister. I had to take it away from him and he started wailing.

I like this one a lot.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walked through the cafeteria at work, turned to see my buddy in hardware support trying to fish a wire through a wall. Maintenance guy standing next to him shining the light from his phone into a hole in the wall so they could grab the other end of the fish. Whipped out my Surefire L1 and they were able to see into the hole to grab the end of the fish with pliers.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was having a minor surgery this morning at a new Surgery Center. Power failed, back up generator came on, then died. My trusty Zebralight that I had clipped to the neck of my hospital gown lit up the OR & they proceeded until the power came back on about 5" later. Call me paranoid all you want, but there is a reason I ALWAYS have a light or two on me(I also had my Quantum DD on a neck chain in case I needed a backup)...

I was having a minor surgery this morning at a new Surgery Center. Power failed, back up generator came on, then died. My trusty Zebralight that I had clipped to the neck of my hospital gown lit up the OR & they proceeded until the power came back on about 5" later. Call me paranoid all you want, but there is a reason I ALWAYS have a light or two on me(I also had my Quantum DD on a neck chain in case I needed a backup)...

Please tell us you said, "I got this." :laughing:

~ Chance

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Chance, the only thing I came up with was to say to the surgeon ( in my best Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry impression)"well punk, do you feel lucky today"? Without missing a beat he replied "yeah, I'm the one with the knife and the drugs", how lucky do you feel?"

archimedes

Flashaholic
I guess four was two, and two was none :grin2:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Walked through the cafeteria at work, turned to see my buddy in hardware support trying to fish a wire through a wall. Maintenance guy standing next to him shining the light from his phone into a hole in the wall so they could grab the other end of the fish. Whipped out my Surefire L1 and they were able to see into the hole to grab the end of the fish with pliers.

Yessssss!!

tex.proud

Enlightened
I used my SC32W to see underneath the console of my truck to mount a mount for my tablet. I think this radio hobby, taking my flashlight funds, is getting out of hand. I mounted the tablet to use in conjunction with the radio. I DID get to use one of my lights to facilitate the install though...

IMG_20170528_121922_zpszdl7bpxh.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Added a 3 cell extension to my dog house supply 6+1 search light to end up with a 10D flashlight because I wanted to see how an XPR 18 volt bulb would do in it.
Wanted a preview of what a 10D bright star I bought will look like when it arrives.

wow, Wow, WOW!!

"We're gonna need a bigger boat"
- George Jong

Last edited:

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Used my Olight H1 Nova to replace the headlight bulbs in my truck. Managed to go buy them during a lunch break, but only had time to work on them after work, and it was dark by then.

The H1 is now a permanent item in my grab-bag.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So right now my work involves asphalt paving in the daytime. Who needs a flashlight in daylight, right?

Well yesterday another Engineer in Training was assigned to me to teach him the basics in 14 days or less. Experience has shown me I'm training the guy whose going to be my boss in 5 years. Great kid who will enter his senior year at VMI (Va Military Institute) this fall.

Anyway he sees this hole in the ground next to a concrete box in the median and lifts the cover to see where all the dirt is going. Total darkness and lots of spiders.

I whip out my little PKDL PR-1 and light up the box with 500 lumens. The kid was like "Holy crap! Let me see that thing".... He kept finding situations where a flashlight is useful in the daylight.... by the end of the day a seed had been planted. Could be another flashaholic in the making.

Later I told him "wait 'til we start night shift next week, then Ima show ya some really cool flashlights".