What did you use your flashlight for today?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The other night I dropped something on the floor so I pulled my P35 out of it's pouch and used it to find whet I dropped. In the process, I also dropped the PD35's pouch, and had to use the light to find that also.
:stupid:

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
I got one of them cold weather Nitecore 18650 cells today. It's sitting in the streamlight HLX right now outside at 15F getting nice and cold. We shall see just how good it works when it's 15F. I'll let it sit another hour or so. Might see how well it works when it gets down to 0F and colder tonight.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I kept using my E2D with a low power SingLED at 1% (about 1 lumen) to see if I could catch Santa sliding down my chimney, then it dawned on me....

The fireplace is electric. There is no chimney. Doh!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I kept using my E2D with a low power SingLED at 1% (about 1 lumen) to see if I could catch Santa sliding down my chimney, then it dawned on me....

The fireplace is electric. There is no chimney. Doh!

I know, I know... can't figure out how he gets in. Doggie door was locked, windows n doors were locked...
He doesn't trip the alarm or wake the dogs... he doesn't show up on the monitor either...

But this morning the cookies were gone and goodies for the kids were under the tree.
Amazing.

ven

Flashaholic
The hi cri rotary was used to make sure rain deer food was evenly distributed along the path , to the front door and around. It was also used to sweep it up, Rudolph must have still been full from mr fixers .

Also the little PR1 was used to search, spot little escaped dragon food. To spikes happiness, both locusts were found near the viv, then placed back in, ready for his Xmas meal.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This evening I used my E2D with low power SingLED on 25% (about 25 lumens) to spot for reigndeer turds while searching the back yard for remnants of a missing bag of cookies that disappeared while I napped today. :huh:

IMG_20170912_203952.jpg

This guy here is notorious for swiping cookies off the counter.

Each year my neice makes a bunch of really awesome cookies for the family and each year Onyx the dog will grab a bag off the counter that somebody ends up leaving on the counter within his reach.
The wife's youngest son sticks his in the fridge. Mine were in the coffee cabinet, but Mrs. Fixer.... well this year it was hers that got gone. He never scarfs anything else off the counter since we stopped leaving chocolate pop tarts out.

All that remained of the bag of cookies was the ribbon closure. And that 219B did a great job at illuminating reigndeer turds...

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Took a walk in a different direction tonight. Usually only go that way during the daytime but not really sure why since I carry lights all the time. So this time I walked on a darker street right next to a road and used my Emisar D4vn to light the way and ensure that drivers could see me. Now I'm thinking I might have to go that way more often.

ven

Flashaholic
This evening I used my E2D with low power SingLED on 25% (about 25 lumens) to spot for reigndeer turds while searching the back yard for remnants of a missing bag of cookies that disappeared while I napped today. :huh:

IMG_20170912_203952.jpg

This guy here is notorious for swiping cookies off the counter.

Each year my neice makes a bunch of really awesome cookies for the family and each year Onyx the dog will grab a bag off the counter that somebody ends up leaving on the counter within his reach.
The wife's youngest son sticks his in the fridge. Mine were in the coffee cabinet, but Mrs. Fixer.... well this year it was hers that got gone. He never scarfs anything else off the counter since we stopped leaving chocolate pop tarts out.

All that remained of the bag of cookies was the ribbon closure. And that 219B did a great job at illuminating reigndeer turds...

I bet that hi cri 219b really made the reindeer turds pop! :poke:

GuyinWY

Newly Enlightened
Took the Surefire M6 out with me last night to check cows from the pickup, it's old and burns through batteries like no other but man do I love that light. [emoji1] Modern LEDs outperform it, but it's like getting in an old American muscle car. There's just something enjoyable about that old technology.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I bet that hi cri 219b really made the reindeer turds pop! :poke:

You-betcha.

Took the Surefire M6 out with me last night to check cows from the pickup, it's old and burns through batteries like no other but man do I love that light. [emoji1] Modern LEDs outperform it, but it's like getting in an old American muscle car. There's just something enjoyable about that old technology.

Agreed. Especially those high powered ones like an M6 or a big block engine.
Welcome to CPF. You'll fit in well here.

I was hoping to use a 1aa MDC with an M31/VME head that according to tracking was on my local postal carriers truck today, but he rode past my house without stopping. Dratz.

I was looking forward to trying an E head and LumensFactory 2 cell bulb being pushed by 1.2 volts as a potential jewel thief light.

OEOE

Newly Enlightened
Bedside table lamp died 3 nights ago and I've been in no great hurry to replace it because it gave me an excuse to use my acebeam EC50II. Using it in a tail stand mode on the second lowest level, it was putting out as much light as the 40watt light. Was actually sorry when the wife came home with a new table lamp!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Bedside table lamp? Whatz that for?

Welp, my VME'd 1AA MDC w/M31W arrived. (sheesh that's a lotta TLA's)...

I spent about 3 hours playing Lego with that, other Malkoff lights, SureFire, a Klarus P1A (yup, legos with SureFire stuff), Vital Gear, all trying out various combinations of LED's and light bulbs. First to see what all will run off a 1AA alkaline Rayovac Fusion but eventually to see what all combos could house a M31/M61 and still have a dwarf'd E looking front end.

While that took place the mailman dropped off a gunmetal E2 executive from Seattle a week early. So that kinda ended the lego fun. Mrs. Fixer had a friend over from Phoenix so we hung out a while and when she left it was outside in 16° weather to play with that E2 using a Lumens Factory bulb to pretend it was 1997 again and I'd just received my first miniature 6 volt flashlight. Being barefoot and in short sleeves the game was over kinda-quick-like.

Perhaps the frigid air had my synaps-eez firing quicker? Perhaps it was protective instincts asking "wth are you doing out here"?...

I dunno, but it occured to me as I was spotting dog turds and wow-ing over the big-Maglite type throw from such a small flashlight that for 3 years I've been living a secret life as a flashlight geek. Simply put, so called normal people are somewhere drinking beer, working on cars, watching Thursday night football, arguing like an episode of Jerry Springer or whatever so called normal people do while I'm outside freezing my 53 year old toes off playing with a flashlight like a school kid.

Even the dogs were looking at me (from indoors) like they were asking "whatz that fool doing now?"...

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Mrs. Yeti likes to try and convince herself that we're normal.
P

:laughing: i like it!

I tell myself every night, just before bed ..........." i am normal" , then i hear "no your not", before you know it, an argument breaks out with myself...........

Last edited:

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Simply put, so called normal people are somewhere drinking beer, working on cars, watching Thursday night football, arguing like an episode of Jerry Springer or whatever so called normal people do while I'm outside freezing my 53 year old toes off playing with a flashlight like a school kid.

Even the dogs were looking at me (from indoors) like they were asking "whatz that fool doing now?"...[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! [emoji38]

Since the early 1960s family and friends have found me outside at night "testing" some type of illumination device (lanterns, D cell incandescent flashlight, ac powered home movie light bar, search lights, off-road lights, hand held LED lights, etc, etc etc...) and made similar comments as your dogs! 🤣

We are at the dawn of the "Golden Age of Hand Held Lighting" and I'm enjoying the fact that when my batteries run low I just pop in a fresh set and place the worn ones in the charger!

🤓

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
While the fluorescent lights were out in the room leading into the restaurant where many gathered while the waitress was taking names for tables, to assist her, I beamed up to the ceiling the Nitecore Tini on instant Turbo mode from my lanyard and her astonished face gratified me to no end.

Just another 'day' in the life of a light-obsessed flasha...

Well, someone has to light up the world!