What did you use your flashlight for today?

TheFlash21

Newly Enlightened
Hey Everyone,

Today I used my flashlights to take my trash out. I used my Olight S2A Baton, which pumps out about 550 lumens from two double AA Batteries. I love that little light, it's very bright and durable.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Welcome to the site Flash. Glad you're enjoying your Baton.

I kinda went to the opposite extreme with an MDC 1xAA. I kept checking out how useful a 3 lumen low beam is at work in the office, while driving my truck after sundown, while putting out the trash, etc etc.

USB cord for phone cam pix transfer fell under the desk... viola! There it is. Found long lost pen in my laptop bag, and checked tonsils of a coworker (who asked "new flashlight?" to which I replied "tonsil checker").
Dropped a Jolley Rancher down in the crack between the split front seat. Bam! There is a bottom to that pit... and 2 lighters, an in shell peanut and 3 quarters long since forgotten.
Putting out the trash noises made Mrs. Fixer come to the door asking "halt, who goes there?"... I shined my little 3 lumens at her from 25 feet (8m) and hear "there's some new batteries are in the den". lol.

Last edited:

FortyCaliber

Newly Enlightened
Left work in a hurry at the end of the workday so I could make an appointment.

When I got to the truck I had a flat! It was already dusk and darkness came quickly.

Used my Malkoff MDC HA LMH with AW16340 Li-Ion to light my work area in the snowy, icy, salty parking lot.

Had my trusty SF bored 6P with Malkoff M361- LMH Drop-in and AW18650 in my backpack as backup if the MDC couldn't pull the duty.

Also had a Prometheus AAA Copper Beta QRv2 and Inova Microlight if needed.

Due to some logistical and technical challenges, it took me over an hour to change the tire but the MDC endured.

aih

Newly Enlightened
It was yesterday. Thermostat in hotel room tucked away in a shadow. Couldn't read it without more light. Used OLIGHT S MINI TI to illuminate and adjust. Today, checked when returning to room at end of day.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Left work in a hurry at the end of the workday so I could make an appointment.

When I got to the truck I had a flat! It was already dusk and darkness came quickly.

Used my Malkoff MDC HA LMH with AW16340 Li-Ion to light my work area in the snowy, icy, salty parking lot.

Had my trusty SF bored 6P with Malkoff M361- LMH Drop-in and AW18650 in my backpack as backup if the MDC couldn't pull the duty.

Also had a Prometheus AAA Copper Beta QRv2 and Inova Microlight if needed.

Due to some logistical and technical challenges, it took me over an hour to change the tire but the MDC endured.

Did you use the medium setting?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Used my PKDL PR-1 on medium to inspect under the hood of a new car I bought Mrs. Fixer.

New to us anyway. 2012 Ford Escape with 26k miles driven by a little old lady who passed and her kid sold it.

Mchipman

Newly Enlightened
Used my Olight S1R to search the garage for the cat carrier.
Had to take the cat to an evening appointment

Last edited:

Kale Orton

Newly Enlightened
I've been using my new Klarus Mi X6 titanium last night/this morning with various batteries to test it out around the house - delighted that it will run batteries out to the ground, rather than just switching off suddenly. Sad to see that this model is now discontinued.

Kale Orton

Newly Enlightened
This afternoon I used my MT14 tho check under the kitchen sink for leaks after my tap 'shifted', discovered some rather creative plumbing through a small opening behind a false wall; still on the hunt for my stop tap (rented accommodation, neither landlord nor agent know where it is!). The search will go on thanks to a rekindling of interest and discovery via new additions to my flashlight collection.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Used the TN36 (MK-R) on turbo to help make short work of defrosting the windshield this morning. Just slowly panned over the windshield to start melting/softening the frost. Much easier for the scraper to get a foothold.

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

[emoji6][emoji41][emoji38]

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Used my Surefire EB1 (200/5 lumens version) on 5 lumens to check under our seats today after watching The Last Jedi. Thought I heard one of us drop something; we didn't. There were only 11 people in the theater including us. I waited until the end credits to look around.

the_tenth007

Newly Enlightened
Used my jetbeam jet II pro to find my left Apple AirPod that I knocked off my ear putting on my seatbelt into the Bermuda Triangle of my truck between the seat and middle console. This frustratingly took about a half hour using my phone light until I made it home and grabbed this light, lesson learned, I won't leave home without it even for a quick trip to the gym.

Richub

Enlightened
Used my Astrolux S41 to connect a speaker wire from a small amplifier to the speaker unit in an old jukebox in my friend's house.
That jukebox still looks great, but it's record player is beyond repair although the speaker inside it is still working perfectly.
Now it's playing music again, through that amplifier and a small PC with a playlist of my friend's favorite songs.

This ended up in a little prank. ;)

My friend is a 60's and 70's aficionado, and he lived in the USA from the late 50's to the middle 80's.
Now living in the Netherlands, Europe, his house is an almost perfect 60's museum.

He once told me about the muzak that used to play in a lot of stores and factories in the 60's and 70's, and how he grew to hate it, as it was being 'force-feeded' to the employees in a lot of workplaces for years on end...
The company he worked for back then bought a Seeburg 1000 background music machine, which my friend learned to regret for over 7 years. :green:

Here in Europe, muzak (or background music in general) never grew as big as in the USA.

While he was away on an errand, I finished hooking up that amp to his jukebox, and played some music from a Seeburg 1000 I found somewhere online.
He came home, started talking about some nice stuff he bought, until he heard that muzak playing in his room.

He looked at me sideways, hissing: "How the eff did you find this music! I didn't hear this in 30 years, and was hoping for another 30 years without it..!"
The look on his face was priceless, and we all cried from laughing about it. :laughing:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Great story!!

It brought back a memory of being in a KMart one evening and hearing a Muzak version of a Judas Priest tune. I remember thinking I was in a time warp or something as a xylephone was doing a solo from the song Green Manolishi with a 2 Prong Crown...
The follow up was a cover of the Police "Everything She Does is Magic". At that point I realized I was actually still in the KMart store... but man for minute there I had no idea what was happening to my mind.

Now I'm old and have a few covers of punk rock numbers by symphony orchestas. A Bach version the Sex Pistols "God Save the Queen" lol.

Last edited:

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
I used my Peak LED Solutions 600 lumen night Patrol flashlight behind a mirrored window to freak out construction workers as they came in at 5 a.m. yesterday:) apparently I'm incredibly scary when only my face is lit up and the person is still half-asleep LOL

Latest posts