What did you use your flashlight for today?

spaceminions

Newly Enlightened
Used my Emisar D4 as a handwarmer quite a bit recently; it's honestly pretty practical to do that to, and unlike the sodium acetate kind you can turn it on and off, of course. It might even have more stored energy than some of those, although it doesn't heat up quite as fast, and a fuel based handwarmer would be best. I also appreciate the high cri for being able to match similarly colored socks and such without needing a lot of brightness.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had a mouse repeatedly chew the fuel line where it enters the tank of my pickup. Trouble was the part was no longer available at dealers and stores. Ugh! Junkyard run, drop a tank and scarf up the part. It was a daily as well.

The 4th time it happened I got lucky and was able to use a Snap On brand repair clamp. Shortly after that I moved.

My boss told me a squirrel issue was stopped by dryer sheets.

Anyway, I used a G2x Pro (on low) for fill light to take some photos earlier this evening.

IMG_20180215_182728.jpg

Kitchen lighting wasn't getting it done.

Richub

Enlightened
Last week I got to work a bit late. When entering the corridor to my workplace, I noticed the lights were off.
Reaching out for the switch I realized the power was off. In the same second my other hand grabbed my Astrolux S41, switched it on to high, and I saw a coworker crouching in a corner, obviously trying to scare me.

He just uttered: "What the eff, he's got a flashlight on so quickly... Damn." Then I saw a second coworker holding smartphone, trying to get my scare reaction on film.
Mission failed, LOL. :hahaha:

Last sunday I was at a friend's place, and later in the evening we saw some stranger entering his dark front yard, obviously pretty drunk.
At the same time we were about to ask him to leave, he dropped his pants and tried to go number 2 in my friend's yard... Gross.

I grabbed my Astrolux S41, lit him up on high, and my friend opened up his window to tell him to buzz off.
That worked, he just stumbled back on the sidewalk, pants still on his knees, and he started cussing us out.

15 minutes later, he had managed to get half the street out of their houses, still screaming bloody murder and cussing everybody out because he still had to go badly.
Some people lose every bit of common sense when drunk, sheesh.
The best part is: He lived only 2 streets away. If he had just gone home, he could have done his business only 3 minutes later in his own house. :banghead:

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I had a mouse repeatedly chew the fuel line where it enters the tank of my pickup. Trouble was the part was no longer available at dealers and stores. Ugh! Junkyard run, drop a tank and scarf up the part. It was a daily as well.

The 4th time it happened I got lucky and was able to use a Snap On brand repair clamp. Shortly after that I moved.

My boss told me a squirrel issue was stopped by dryer sheets.

Anyway, I used a G2x Pro (on low) for fill light to take some photos earlier this evening.

IMG_20180215_182728.jpg

Kitchen lighting wasn't getting it done.

Thats awesome, kind of looks 3D as well..........................love it! I have been using the 6p cup daily....................almost last night! "daaaaaaaaadddyyyyyyyyy...............guess what iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii've goooooooooooooooot" Madison had my mug:eek:

Well all you need is maybe 350-400 mugs, then you can have one for each flashlight:whistle:

The "caught with your pants down" saying comes to mind Rich.......................dirty bar steward!

Well 3rd day now with the h2r, its going to live permanently on the hard hat. Just so useful as its just there, any time any place i go! No need to plan, think or anything and a click of 200 nice 4000-4500k soft lumens. As i have already knocked it off my head, a couple of cable ties now help hold the strap on each side.............just in case i decide to knock it again.

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
Got up to use the loo in the middle of the night and found the green switch light on the BLF-Q8 was so bright I didn't even need to turn it on in Moonlight mode. Is the green LED an undocumented Firefly mode? ;)

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try scented dryer sheets under the hood if it sits a lot.

Classic car guys started this to keep mice out. But it seems that squirrels don't like them either.

I had trouble with cats using my car cover as a scratching post. Scented dryer sheets solved the issue for me.

That is a great tip byk ! Always finding good info. here on CPF !

ven

Flashaholic
TK75vnQ70 and run time kit on the latest build, again needed 1000lm+ ceiling bounced for hours at a time. I have noticed though, the 4 cells in the 1st carrier (spring bypass so less resistance) tends to be 0.2v lower on the 4 cells than the run time kit! Nothing major for me as i top off after use, but still something to be aware of! The 4 cells V are all pretty much the same of each kit, just the drop in voltage on the 1st carrier.
Kl2FGPol.jpg

XPx1fYHl.jpg

3939 pieces later
dNfxJb1l.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Look up "petzel headlamp clips" Ven.

IMG_20180217_172215.jpg

Come in packs of 4.

Last summer a semi-truck played soccer with my hard hat, scooting it down the road a ways as I watched. Light was on when it came off my head and managed to end up in traffic (as I worked next to the interstate)
100 yards (30m) down the road, I found it like you see it. Light was off but it was because a battery had dislodged from the case.

This morning about 2am I was awakened by a sneeze fest. While that took place I thought "nature call, why not?" I reached for a flashlight as I sneezed causing my usual upright lights to tumble. In the dark I reached out for a light... any light while hoping the one picked was not my bad guy blinder EB1c. It turns out it was a 1aa MDC. The 3 lumen low/low at startup was perfect.

Last edited:

Taz80

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up on those hardhat headlamp clips, bykfixer, I'll be picking a couple of packs up.

kpatz

Newly Enlightened
We went to an event at a local YMCA gymnasium; the front desk people somehow forgot about the event and killed the lights in the gym at 6, so when we arrived it was dark in there, since the metal halide lights take a long time to cool down and recycle. I ran to my car and grabbed my Energizer 150 lumen 2AA light I keep in my car, and used it in the gym until the MH lights finally came on.

I'm starting to realize that EDCing a light isn't necessarily as crazy as I used to think. :) If I'd had my TN4A with me, I could have lit the whole gym by bouncing it off the ceiling in turbo mode.

Last edited:

greybeard71

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately, used my lenslight to confirm that I had stepped in dog poop on the way to my vehicle. This was after entering said vehicle and getting the poop on my brake pedal, of course :/

ven

Flashaholic
What is that and where do I get it. That thing is awesome ven.

Its the lego technic bucket wheel excavator Repsol, its pretty awesome. All works, drops bits onto belts then feeds off into the dump truck. 6xAA fed. Pretty enjoyable and relaxing to build, especially if it all works 1st time ta the end lol.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: , 1st thing i saw mr fixer was the clips:whistle:

Yes a beast, over 3000t i am led to believe.................I dont fancy putting one of those together:faint:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That'd be a doddle. By the look of it, you've got enough tools, I reckon the two of us and a weekend we'd get it done.
That's as long as you didn't keep stopping to take pictures.
P