What did you use your flashlight for today?

ven

Flashaholic
Look up "petzel headlamp clips" Ven.

IMG_20180217_172215.jpg

Come in packs of 4.

Last summer a semi-truck played soccer with my hard hat, scooting it down the road a ways as I watched. Light was on when it came off my head and managed to end up in traffic (as I worked next to the interstate)
100 yards (30m) down the road, I found it like you see it. Light was off but it was because a battery had dislodged from the case.

Done mr fixer, excellent stuff!!
XEqozIYl.jpg

fnCJsOgl.jpg

Back end one one each side also
My4ZpgAl.jpg

Thanks again for recommendation, never knew(never looked tbh) that these clips existed.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My HDS just joined me in the bath for a good sponging with Hibiscrub. Not because I'm a germ freak (the reverse is true) it was beside the bath after washing a beagle wound.
My HDS is my one light that seems to collect grease and dirt, it's so clean and sexy when it's been washed.
i think I have a problem...
P

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My HDS just joined me in the bath for a good sponging with Hibiscrub. Not because I'm a germ freak (the reverse is true) it was beside the bath after washing a beagle wound.
My HDS is my one light that seems to collect grease and dirt, it's so clean and sexy when it's been washed.
i think I have a problem...
P

Well, normal people might think a man taking a bath is strange to begin with but, if they knew you also take these baths with you flashlights...

You sir, are a Flashaholic:lolsign:.

ChibiM

Enlightened
I received my BLF GT today, so I just had to say Hi to the moon with the beam of the BLF GT. It`s a little foggy outside, so you can see a really nice beam!

Lumen83

Enlightened
Doing a walk through of a building my company purchased and suddenly all of the lights went out due to electrical work that was happening that we were unaware of. I had my 4sevens MKII mini on me. Came in real handy and was quite a bit of an improvement to the situation vs. the cell phone lights that my colleague's had.

ven

Flashaholic
As the h2r can bounce back in the eyes for close up inspections, i used the z2 triple to get an easier look in.
cPMixKll.jpg

Gx4zaNbl.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So my company decided to send me to a leadership course at a fancy university a few hours from home. It is a semester amount of learning being thrown at 28 folks like myself (turns out they let in 30 this year to celebrate 30 years) all in a 10 day span. We start at 7:00am and go until 10 or 11 pm for the duration. Today was day 4 and they let us out at 9:30 tonight. Burnt to a crisp on a Friday night 5 hours from home....

2rp8ku8.jpg

I set out FL2 #892 (my first one) to pose for a photo with the so-called 4 star hotel in the background.

x2m1vs.jpg

One of the instructors spoke of an old agricultural area behind the joint so I peaked at an old horse n buggy garage that was recently restored. The white in the distance is the doors.

The campus was built in the 1800's so me n ole #892 took a stroll back in time for a little while. Lots of 'free lumens' allowed me to mostly use low while I took a liesurely stroll along a wood lined path imagining my 80+ year old instructors pulling weeds, cleaning up after the horses or what-have-you back in the 1950's. That was when they attended this college.

wikjlx.jpg

Wanted to see if all those free lumens could be turned off with ole #892. Nope.

I get back to the room and realize "brrrr, it's chilly in here" but have no idea how to turn on a floor lamp next to the thermostat. Having an MDC 1xAA in my jacket pocket, I used the 3 lumen setting to see the thermostat in a darkened corner so instead of continuing to try and figure out that stupid lamp I had the heater turned on and thanked my lucky stars I'm a flashaholic.... tonight I'm an over done, extremely brain-drain'd flashaholic, but my room is warm and class don't start until 8am tomorrow.

There are 2 instructors who were original instructors for this course who are retiring this year. It's an honor to hear lectures from an 84 year old and a 87 year old fellow who not only have college degrees, successful construction companies and lived very adventerous lives, but have the wisdom to pass on their know how in plain language to a room full of mortals in ways we can understand as they break down the complicated into small parts and present those details in ways that keep us laughing while daunting tasks become easy to understand. It's been amazing.

As tired as I am, I look forward to tomorrows session where they are scheduled to teach us strengths and weaknesses within ourselves and polish those to become better crisis managers and negotiators....

Last edited:

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
Used my new SRT3 to inspect a shed we have in back when I noticed that the door was open. Dont know how it got opened, but nothing seemed a miss in the shed so, -shrug-

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
Used my new SRT3 to inspect a shed we have in back when I noticed that the door was open. Dont know how it got opened, but nothing seemed a miss in the shed so, -shrug-

herektir

Newly Enlightened
Spent Wednesday afternoon till about 10 am Saturday without power due to north Texas ice storm. Used my Zebralight sc600w mk2 l2 throughout without a battery change needed.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thats awesome mr fixer, back to feeling a student again:poke: Those are some serious hours! And wow to their ages and doing those hours themselves................men amongst boys!

Great pics, enjoy!

ChibiM

Enlightened
I tried to test how far my BLF GT could throw, but I can`t get my meter passed the 1million cd... The farthest I can get it is to 940 kcd.. Maybe I need to try more batteries, or maybe the meter needs a new battery...anyhow.. just testing.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thats awesome mr fixer, back to feeling a student again:poke: Those are some serious hours! And wow to their ages and doing those hours themselves................men amongst boys!

Great pics, enjoy!

The instructor today is a retired Marine Colonel, yet once a Marine always a Marine. Semper Fi bruthuh. He retired in 1986. lol. His time since has been studying 4 basic personality types with 4 variables of either or leading to 16 types of personalities that all have to work together in combative situations. So he showed us what all that means as leaders in the road construction project manager duties... both the good and the bad things to watch for. As an excersize we had to pair up with polar opposites and resolve a conflict in 20 minutes.

Now as a fat-balding middle aged college student the world looks a lot different. As a youngster on campus with no assignment tonight I would've been a magnet searching for metal in terms of action way back in the days that Lotus 1 2 3 was a state of the art software. But here in 2018 I relax in a hotel room, catching up on sleep while (kinda) watching an auto race between zzzz's. Meanwhile I ponder take out or dine in, fast food or buffet, and what kind of classic movie will be on later. Then at some point I'll venture back to the wooded path and play with flashlights again while the younger folks in the class are out soaking up the fast paced night of life in a college town.

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
Reading light. My seat in the living room doesnt get much light from the lamps. I had my light next to me with a white cone diffuser on it and was using it as a reading light. Worked rather well.

wweiss

Enlightened
I sometimes design outdoor "accent" lighting for retail and commercial clients and there is no better way to show them the effects I propose (for permanent installations of hard wired fixtures) than to temporarily set up my (warm) TN12 2016, Zebralight (any), ArmyTek headlights and others to show the effects and angles. They run all night (on private property- never had one missing) and eliminate any question about "what will it look like?"... Did this last night.