What did you use your flashlight for today?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yup. Gotten where I don't remember what it used to look like before using a light orange super fine sharpie that fit into the cavity around the dome along with the part that sticks out front.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Was sitting at the desk and wifey started to dust the bookcase behind me. Thought I'd help her a little by shining my P1R Peacekeeper horizontally in alignment with the top of bookcase; she told me that it helped. ;-)

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
This past weekend I went with my family to a hotel. We went to a state park for a bbq- may have stayed a bit past dusk where my lights came very handy. I used my Zebralight H600fc for cooking, my HDS 5000k for general use and my Convoy C8 from mountain electronics for playing around and cleaning up after ourselves.
As there was no bathtub in the hotel, I gave my HDS to the baby to play with in the shower so he wouldn't complain about the water streaming into his face- it worked like a charm!
My spare battery carrier, (Zebralight Sc600w) was used as a nightlight for the perfect amount of light in the room while my HDS and H600fc were used by the rest of us to get around the room and access our stuff.

OEOE

Newly Enlightened
Accompanied my wife to the dentist and while we were waiting for her turn, the lights went out, power cut. It was broad daylight and enough light was filtering through so that we weren't sitting in darkness. The dentist came out and started talking to the patients in the waiting room and another patient grabbed a newspaper to discuss an article with him but I noticed that they were having a bit of trouble reading it. Out comes my emisar D4vn and I pointed it straight up and double clicked it. They thought at first that the lights had come back on and when they realised that all that light was coming from the tiny light in my hand they were truly amazed.

YAK-28

Enlightened
had to wait till dark to try and take back the patio from some flying trouble makers who seem to have developed an underground hanger a little to close to the grill. used my tk70 to make sure the coast was clear to try and move them along. probably a little bigger than i needed, but she worked nicely.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
My cousin has an older nissan suv that is having a few electrical issues. While trouble shooting it I noticed that there was quite an annoying rattle that sounded like it was coming from underneath. Pulled out my lumintop tool ti from my pocket and looked underneath to see that a bolt had come out between two sections of the exhaust. Scoured a bucket of bolts and nuts to find something that would work and using my light to see bolted the pipe back together. And wala. The rattle that had apparently been going for months was solved. The electrical issues, as always happens for some reason, didnt manifest themselves. We shall see if they continue next time I see them Saturday.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
I got a keyring with a chip built in for contactless payments the other day. It's a bit awkward to hold against the reader by itself, so I attached a Fenix E01 to it with a split ring. Now I have something to hold onto while I'm using the keyring to pay for stuff :)

markr6

Flashaholic
I was working on a casement window last night. They're pushing 30 years old and some are tough to open. One was grinding as I cranked it open, so I looked in there and saw a screw was almost falling out. I used my MD2 to work on that. I couldn't get the trim piece off (glued?) so I had to drill a hole just big enough to get a screwdriver in there. A little wood putty to fill that and I called it done.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Just saw the New, latest, soon-to-be-released
story in the old Hardy Boys Adventures
series has the boys using * Flashlights *
on the front cover, as they stand in front of
a very creepy-looking house !
:)

Had to post a link for my CPF friends !

lovecpf

Amazon.com/Gray-Hunters-Revenge-Hardy-Adventures-ebook/dp/B07CKYJ1N3/ref=pd_lutyp_wsim_4_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07CKYJ1N3&pd_rd_r=a1e0ce9d-8204-4a99-b6da-a08e29b43db5&pd_rd_w=Rf1TY&pd_rd_wg=M1ds3&psc=1&refRID=T1ZDQ53Y00R6XTNKVS9C

Gee, I hope I'm not breaking any rules here,
by posting this Link . . . .

It's not a HOT-link, so you may need
to Cut and Paste it into your web browser.

ven

Flashaholic
Just saw the New, latest, soon-to-be-released
story in the old Hardy Boys Adventures
series has the boys using * Flashlights *
on the front cover, as they stand in front of
a very creepy-looking house !
:)

Had to post a link for my CPF friends !

lovecpf

Amazon.com/Gray-Hunters-Revenge-Hardy-Adventures-ebook/dp/B07CKYJ1N3/ref=pd_lutyp_wsim_4_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07CKYJ1N3&pd_rd_r=a1e0ce9d-8204-4a99-b6da-a08e29b43db5&pd_rd_w=Rf1TY&pd_rd_wg=M1ds3&psc=1&refRID=T1ZDQ53Y00R6XTNKVS9C

Gee, I hope I'm not breaking any rules here,
by posting this Link . . . .

It's not a HOT-link, so you may need
to Cut and Paste it into your web browser.

For you
2Q94MHol.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Sat in the garden for (only 30m) talking flashlights, colour temps and hi cri.
The lights we had are
Bones with throw, HDS 200 hi cri and md2 m61
UvKZdaGl.jpg

So hard and discussed for a good 20m of the 30mins between the bones temp and HDS temp. Now the HDS is 4k, i put the Bones at 4k also, Rach thinks tad cooler, but i think its down to the throw optic focusing more.....................either way we agree its super close!
Bones
lzQCOq1l.jpg

O2lENQIl.jpg

HDS 200 hi cri
lBpGfLyl.jpg

k5aiCpal.jpg

md2 6200k(which is actually nice for cold white, i like it a lot
bCuqy7el.jpg

qIn7T46l.jpg

I know its a screen and a bit pointless to try and show, but there are differences, all be it not as much to the eye with the m61. Rach loves the HDS out right, just loves it..................temp, rotary etc etc. Explaining all are kind of military lights. She went into a pondering, she chose the malkoff md2 for typical duty style applications, the clean white and bright enough for most uses. She does know her temps, lighting etc(probably a lot more than me working in photography/filming side of things).

Potentially another thread................
So you know when your a flashaholic when you spend Saturday having a glass of wine discussing tints with the boss!!!!

Last edited:

YAK-28

Enlightened
had to reapply a dose to the flying trouble makers ground terminal. this time i used an x7 to help my night work.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Been using my Convoy BD01, BD06 and X3 on ceiling-bounce duty today, because our fluorescent tube in the kitchen died this morning. It's amazing how these things always happen on a Sunday. Time to buy an LED tube instead, I think. Hopefully before my charger melts with all the 26650s I'll be pushing through it...

sld

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Traveling late last night,around 12:30 or so, about 15 - 20 miles from the nearest town and the car breaks down, the bearing for the radiator fan gave out causing the pulley and belt to come off. Used my DBR Guardian on flood to diagnose the problem and determine a tow truck was the solution and used it in throw to watch for any curious bears. Saw a few but, thankfully, they were not interested in us ( I was way under-gunned for a confrontation with a bear)![/FONT][/FONT]

ven

Flashaholic
Used the E2e as it's incand week, around garden (in between showers), around house and also going to bed lighting the way. The hot spot for the amount of lumens(low amount) is quite intense, in ways it's a nice balance . Certainly a focused hot spot of warmth which provides eye comfort at night(for me anyway). It's really nice to use some old school lighting, we had no choice 20yrs ago! Today spoiled with choices, going back to basics, one mode and warm! It's just a breath of fresh air ,compared to many cold white multimode clicking (not that I have many of these lights anymore).

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Traveling late last night,around 12:30 or so, about 15 - 20 miles from the nearest town and the car breaks down, the bearing for the radiator fan gave out causing the pulley and belt to come off. Used my DBR Guardian on flood to diagnose the problem and determine a tow truck was the solution and used it in throw to watch for any curious bears. Saw a few but, thankfully, they were not interested in us ( I was way under-gunned for a confrontation with a bear)![/FONT][/FONT]
Damn, sounds crazy!

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Walked the dogs. Except I lost track of the time (not realizing it was now dark) and didn't carry the D4 down the stairs with me forcing me to raid my work backpack downstairs for my negelcted Astrolux S41. A terrible problem it was...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yesterday I was at work, carrying my tool bag from one part of the building to another. I entered a room that was pitch black, so I reached in my bag for my flashlight when I heard something fall out and hit the floor. I couldn't see what it was; all I knew was that I couldn't find my flashlight. So I turned on the flashlight mode on my phone, aimed it at the floor, and there on the floor was my flashlight.
:p