What did you use your flashlight for today?

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I cleaned off some mats we were going to bring inside for a home gym tonight using the light from my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm. We had them outside so they could offgas the rubber smell before we brought them inside. The light really did the trick as it usually does when I call upon it. It was a lot of work but I'm looking forward to getting the rest set up!

sld

Newly Enlightened
Damn, sounds crazy!
The tow truck driver had to shoot one the week before while changing a tire for someone not far from there. The Bear came out of the woods charging him and the client. I believe he said 5 rounds from a 45 to stop it! He also showed us an F150 at their shop that hit a bear on the same road. Neither truck nor bear survived.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Used my tool ti today to hacksaw the chain locking my uncles sailboat up becuase he lost the key to the lock. The boats kept in an area under his house that was quite dark with no lights. Got the job done with some help from the light before going out for a sail which I haven't done in a couple years at least and at least 7 years for this particular boat.

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
Used my D4 Nichia to provide supplemental light in a dark area while caulking in the bathroom. Tried very hard not to stain it and succeeded.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm using my PD35 on low for a motherboard replacement. It's been extremely handy for reading the fine print on the mobo, lining up the mounting screw holes, identifying the connectors and other stuff.

FortyCaliber

Newly Enlightened
Not today , but over the weekend, I used the SF E1b to find a friends ball in the bushes from an overzealous putt at miniature golf.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Walked around at work today with my PD35 doing surveys in some dark and spooky places. The flashlight made them a little less spooky and much less dark. :)

Scribe

Newly Enlightened
Let my daughter give my Boss 70 a run around the dark house. She loves flashlights and is only 2.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Set up a new printer. Used the flashlight to see where to plug all the cords in the back. Way easier than pulling the dumb thing away from the wall.

Oddly enough, it was easier to get the printer to work with my Linux box than it was with my wife's MacBook.

--flatline

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Set up a new printer. Used the flashlight to see where to plug all the cords in the back. Way easier than pulling the dumb thing away from the wall.

Oddly enough, it was easier to get the printer to work with my Linux box than it was with my wife's MacBook.

--flatline
Sounds like an HP

ven

Flashaholic
For a change, used a couple of LED lights last night(seen as been mainly/mostly using incand for over a week), sc600 mkIII 4500k HI and md2 tri with m61 for searching through the pond, the HI worked best(no surprise with the extra throw/output). Still i am taken back by the CW m61....................that is one nice beam, cool yes, cool ...............very cool! Really like single modes right now, think around 400lm with than general type beam just works so well .

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watched a tarantula walk slowly across the driveway last night. I had a low level of light dialed in to my HDS Rotary 170N, so as not to agitate or alarm.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is going to skyrocket during and lost hurricane florence - Charge your batteries people!
ac4061415857ffba8b3e77f3777ff97b.jpg

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Good point. I'm reminded of these useful threads:

Sub_Umbra's classic about water and the aftermath of Katrina in general:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?121453-An-Emergency-Water-Epiphany

Poppy's thread about lighting and power outages:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...mens-How-many-batteries-(for-lights-and-more)

And this recent one about lanterns for hurricane power outages:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?447570-Extended-Hurricane-Outage-(1-Week)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm the last two nights to work on installing a battery backup sump pump. I am so excited that it's done now. Was a lot of hard work for someone who never worked with PVC plumbing before and had to deal with a radon mitigation system in the way, but after some early mistakes I finally got it all working with no leaks! The headlamp was perfect and so much more convenient than a drop light since it just put the light wherever I needed it.

It's also a really cool system. Connects via a cellular connection so if the power goes out, the main pump fails, etc. I get texts, emails, and app notifications letting me know. I can finally relax and not go checking on the basement every storm which has been something I am doing a lot since buying our first house (which has a finished basement)!

Hope everyone is managing okay with the storm!

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black Diamond Storm (2018 350-lumen version) to walk down to 21st Century Pizza.(It's a very good local downtown Portland,OR pizza joint.)

Caught a case of the late-night munchies,and the Storm was perfect for the 10 PM 2-block walk down.