What did you use your flashlight for today?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my 4000K MDC HA 123 leaving the house, and then to light up a frog on the way in to work, before the work light and headlamp took over.
HQhzxxP.jpg

3_gun

Enlightened
Used a cheap, usb rechargeable eBay light (abt 150L zoomie) to look around at an estate sale. Do it just about every weekend. Best flashlight find? 1st gen Surefire x300 for $5.

eBay cheapie works great for this kinda thing since you're always setting the light down to look at stuff. Who cares if you forget to pick-up a $5 light. Lesson learned after backtracking 10mile to recover a Surefire L2.

jmsodpc

Newly Enlightened
My washing machine started to leak.

I used my nitecore tc20 to scan around
The machine to see where the leak was
Coming from. Repair guy comes tomorrow.

fuyume

Enlightened
I live on the edge of the downtown area of my town in a rural county, so the houses here are fairly close together. I can't afford air conditioning, so at night I need to keep the windows open and the fans going. Unfortunately, that means the neighbors can see right into my bedroom, and it's still too hot for clothing, so I don't bother wearing any at home. The high yesterday was 94°F and it topped out at about 89°F indoors.

With the lights and or TV/computer on at night, I can't move around the house, or everyone will see my charms, so if I need to get up, I turn off the screens and use my flashlight cupped in my hand to see where I'm putting my feet. As long as I am sitting on my futon on the floor, no one can see me, but as soon as I stand up, I'm naked for the whole world to see.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my HDS rotary (NLT with DC-fix), Convoy C8 from MTN electronics and ZL SC600w (original version). I was on a wooded property with the back half in complete darkness. The HDS was great as my general EDC, the DC-fix probably took away from reaching out a bit but it's my edc light and I mostly use it closer up. When the 18500 body comes in, I might try to get a different head for edc and use the NLT for outdoors.

The C8 was great for reaching out but I think I'm going to upgrade to a light with an SBT90 for a bigger hotspot/spill- because why not?

A big surprise was my (not so outdated) SC600w original (xml) with DC-fix. On Turbo it lit up a huge area in front of me and was really easy on the eyes. For the most part, I used a level down from turbo but bumped it up more than I had to for fun.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Petzl headlamp to set up a tent, family member decided it would be fun last minute before bedtime 🌙

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Lent my Convoy M2 to my mechanic so he could check a leak on the engine. Turns out it was not oil (I feared it was a pierced crankcase from accidentally ramping off a speedbump this week :eek:oo:) but radiator fluid from decayed seals. Costly repair but not as much as I dreaded.

Tomorrow, I'm on foot.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
too funny!!!

I live on the edge of the downtown area of my town in a rural county, so the houses here are fairly close together. I can't afford air conditioning, so at night I need to keep the windows open and the fans going. Unfortunately, that means the neighbors can see right into my bedroom, and it's still too hot for clothing, so I don't bother wearing any at home. The high yesterday was 94°F and it topped out at about 89°F indoors.

With the lights and or TV/computer on at night, I can't move around the house, or everyone will see my charms, so if I need to get up, I turn off the screens and use my flashlight cupped in my hand to see where I'm putting my feet. As long as I am sitting on my futon on the floor, no one can see me, but as soon as I stand up, I'm naked for the whole world to see.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I got to test out my new olight warrior mini 2 a lot today, fixed a water leak in a crawlspace this morning and fixed leaks in a grid ceiling to finish out the day. The light was essential for both. Back at it tomorrow.

ELZ

Newly Enlightened
I used my Elzetta 2-cell with a M61W to locate my dogs who were poking around for vermin in my back yard.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Mrs Fixer asked "honey, do you have a flashlight?" Well that kinda blew me away. It's like asking is the sun bright. But…… I had to say "no……not within 5 feet"…… 4 paces away (10-15') there were 3. Come to think of it I forget what she used it for.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Used my newest Convoy S2+ (SST20 2700K, 30º TIR) to fill up my swamp cooler, checking the water level so it wouldn't surpass the maximum. It's a daily task in the dry season, so the torch's been seeing quite a bit of use.