What did you use your flashlight for today?

GREENREBELLION

Newly Enlightened
Used my D4v2 to check the clunk in my R/C airplane's translucent fuel tank to see if it was still operating properly.

3_gun

Enlightened
Used a Klarus EP10 to look for a cat that hates me. Surprising light so far. Ran on/at high (1000L claimed & close if not there) for over 40 minutes in a light rain storm. Picked it up for under $20 w/battery & shipping. Simple interface, usable light levels & to this point performing well beyond its price point.

GoVegan

Enlightened
Used my trusty HDS (talistanding) to light the bathroom while I had a shower and shave this evening. The default on, Medium (9.4 lumens) seemed perfect.

Don't worry! The shower didn't kill it... it's a Clicky. :laughing:

3_gun

Enlightened
Getting the feeling I'll be here a lot. Used my new Fenix SD11 to do a few photo tests. New light, old camera played well together. First thoughts .. learning curve is going to be pretty flat, easy light to use & Fenix needs to dumb down the build/cost & market this as a camera light only. Broad even light, run time w/123a's better than camera battery, no flicker in movie mode & covers the entire frame in every setting I've tried so far. First impressions = solid 5/5. I'm going to have a much harder time taking bad pictures but I'm sure I'll find a way

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Taking my Zebralight H600d with me when I go out bowling with a group of my coworkers tonight.

Even though we're only going to be out until 7 pm(I'll probably get home before 8 pm)..

I'd rather have a bright, hands-free light if I needed it.

Surprisingly, the H600d is fairly comfortable in my shorts pockets.

Ishango

Enlightened
I've been camping for the past three weeks. So I've used (switching between them all the time) my SL 1L-1AA, Olight S Mini, Acebeam EC35 II, Foursevens Mini ML, PD22 UE and Wurkkos FC11 daily. Have my HDS Clicky Executive 140 as backup.

And I've been using the Sofirn BLF LT1 as lantern.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Had to use my Convoy M2 to survey my brother's motorcycle after a crash while he was doing his delivery job.

I'm no mechanic, but I saw no non-cosmetic damage aside from the clutch handle being broken. Depressingly cannot say the same about his ankle that got crushed between the bike and the corner of the car that he collided with, a VERY bad break according to the medic 😟 All I can hope and pray for is that he does not sustain any nerve damage from it and recovers fully.

EDIT: No nerve damage at all, and the break looked way worse than it actually was. He's recovering well. ✌️

Last edited:

york2

Newly Enlightened
I use my Niteye EYE12 daily for walking my dogs in the morning with a ProTac 90X as a backup if I need more light to identify the creatures I hear in the woods. At night, I use my Nitecore SRT3 with my EDC light, the EDCL1-T or EDCL2-T, as a backup. The SRT3 is downstairs with my computer so it's easy to access.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Fenix pd36r in the crawlspace, today and yesterday. Just an awesome light.

97B69964-BC96-4DF5-9BE9-B788540FB169.jpeg

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I used my PD36R on various levels today to show some contractors around a dimly lit area and help them examine some drawings and equipment.

Jean-Luc Descarte, glad to hear your brother is ok.

pumps

Newly Enlightened
I went out with my dogs in the back yard and I used my army surplus MX-991/U angle head light that I've converted to LED and D-AA adapters. I like it's simplicity. At night I worry about coyotes even though I've never seen then in my yard. Foxes, racoons,deer yes I've seen on my cameras. But I have seen coyotes in the neighborhood.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Used my M1 at 50% mode (max mode of Biscotti group 8), lying on its side on the ground, to help me spot and clean a juice spill on the floor. It was cashew juice on white porcelain, so pretty difficult to see from above!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had to look up cashew juice. Sounds like a wonderful product.

I forgot my phone last night before retiring, so it was not charging on the bedside table.
What to do? It can last up to 3 days without needing a charge but……I have flashlights on my bedside table.

Instead of a 1/2 lumen from my Elzetta G-RCR I opted for 1.5 from the G-AA. Even though it's only 1.5 lumens coming from a small AA sized light it looks about 10x brighter than a 1/2 lumen coming from a CR123 sized light.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my lights every night before going to bed to search the house for mosquitoes. In all the rooms with open windows. I like it very chilly so I always open all the windows when its cool outside. It can take up to an hour and I wont go to bed when I know there is still a mosquito hiding somewhere. I have issues. But no stings this year. maybe one.

Also use my mdc to search bottle caps for insects. Every single one. Little black ones. They hide in them. Its horrible.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my lights every night before going to bed to search the house for mosquitoes. In all the rooms with open windows. I like it very chilly so I always open all the windows when its cool outside. It can take up to an hour and I wont go to bed when I know there is still a mosquito hiding somewhere. I have issues. But no stings this year. maybe one.

Also use my mdc to search bottle caps for insects. Every single one. Little black ones. They hide in them. Its horrible.
This gets my personal 'best laugh of the day' award man. I know it's serious, and I'm with ya, but I'm still laughing.