• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What Did You Use Your McGizmo For Today?

mcorp

Enlightened
Used the Sundrop XR-U 083B with a Surefire F04, to find the coins that have slipped out of my trousers and rolled under the office desk.
Makes me wonder what a Mule 083b would be like in real life... :candle:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Used the Sundrop XR-U 083B with a Surefire F04, to find the coins that have slipped out of my trousers and rolled under the office desk.
Makes me wonder what a Mule 083b would be like in real life... :candle:
like gold bullion coins you carry to get out of a jam, just kidding with you. I do carry a one ounce gold bullion coin in my wallet for just that reason.

apisdorf

Newly Enlightened
I think that's the longest one of my jokes has taken to get a laugh! Of course, usually my wife just rolls her eyes right away...

Ekpon

Newly Enlightened
Just the other day I lost my smartphone during an exercise of the civil protection. It was already dark and rained. The ground was covered in dark, grey gravel. When I noticed my phone missing, I took my Haiku XPG-2 and started searching the ground. Incidentally, a collegue with a search torch had just been at the spot I found it. The dark backcover of the smartphone was hard to distinguish with the cold blue light from the search torch. With my McGizmo I could spot it instantly. The search torch does have a lot more throw than my Haiku, but sometimes it's the details, that counts. :grin2:

ven

Flashaholic
Cool thread
Now and then i take mine to work(kind of break up my illuminating requirements) and also to get some more use. Inspections and maintaining high speed machinery in various forms basically.

Few posing pics

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just finished putting the snow tires on my car at night using my Haiku and Spinner.

Clarification: I used a jack and torque wrench but was able to see these items because of my illumination tools.

eala

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
Last weekend I did a 24hr relay race. My first 2 laps were 6-7pm and 2:30-3:30am. My head torch is not great and quite 'throwy'. I ran with my Mule Nichia 219 AA on a CR123 handle. It was small, lasted forever and, on bright, lit the area in front of my feet perfectly well. It was a trail course so needed to see my footing.

Last year I used my SPY, went for the Mule this time as wanted something easier to change batteries if needed, and frankly not found much use for this head yet. It performed very well so will be my night running torch in future. The lack of hot spot helped, I think.

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
Used my mule aa in the work porta potty at 3am to line the seat with toilet paper.. never seat covers when you need em 😣.. thank you my Gizmo for helping me not get Hepatitis A B C D E...

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Man I've seen some nasty cat fights! That's a smart idea.[emoji106]
Well they go crazy and turn into a rolling ball, and the amount of fur is amazing. We have a group, of cats that formed a colony in our bougainvilleas that run along a 110 ft. driveway, and have a colony annex on the other side of the property. They all are fixed and ear notched. I really don't like the ear notching...however they stand out.

These are are our garden cats.

Plus, we have no snakes, bugs, date beetles, mice or rats. So I engineered a kitty watering station which comes on three times a day to fill water for full sized cats and a small one for kittens. It is too hot here, they need water. It comes on automatically with the sprinkler system. Starting work on other properties we own.

They love it and I see them drinking all day out of it. Now I need a whiskey drinking station!

Last edited:

Quoddy

Newly Enlightened
I've switched from using my Haiku to my new Mahi for walking my dog on his nightly walk. To me, the Mahi with its XM-L (Hi) just seems a perfect match.

Vemice

Enlightened
Used the Sapphire a few times for assistance in reading in poor lighting situations.
I must say I love this little guy. It is very well made, unobtrusive, always available, understated and just plain cool.
Thinking of getting a second for no other reason than to have it.
Crazy....