What do you keep next to your bed?

Kapriel

Newly Enlightened
I don't know..... I'm thinking less camping stuff and more self defense.
Of course we don't know what's in the backpack.........:eek:oo:

IreMetal

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore MT2C
Glock 17 with loaded 16rnd magazine
Spare loaded 16rnd magazine
Remainder of 18rnds 9mm Luger HP left in the box
Aluminum Jr. Softball bat
Windstorm "Storm" Safety Whistle

(Blind'em, Deafen'em, Hit'em... If they're a Zombie: Shoot'em in the head!):tired:

Druganov

Newly Enlightened
Currently a Surefire Fury, an M4 Devastator with lumens factory head, Mac custom XML and a sunwayman. Plus randomly an old school British Army beta light.

Russ

Lightman2

Enlightened
My SC51 is always with me including by the bed but the real light for investigating bumps needs to be one that can melt retinas so that would be my Fenix TK50.

fractal

Newly Enlightened
Flashlights are are lighting tools Not Weapons - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

phoneguy

Enlightened
Believe it or not I keep a very old Streamlight Scorpion next to the bed... simple, bright enough and good color rendering. The 120 lb Chocolate Lab/Pitbull mix is my early warning device to reach for other things that may be needed...

Bryan

klmmicro

Newly Enlightened
I have an old Pelican (not sure the model) with an M6 cartridge that I have had for some years. I bought it for tactical work when I was in the Navy. It works well still, though it is not the brightest available any longer. It has never failed to light up so I feel confident when I rely on it. It is my go to torch should something start bumping. I also have several cheap TechLite's scattered throughout the house in case of power outages.

jim90046

Newly Enlightened
[h=1]I keep a Inova Bolt 4.6 2 lithium batteries its like turning on a 75watt light bulb and a Smith A Wesson 357 Mag. in the nightstand for peace of mind ..
[/h]

Canada

Newly Enlightened
I keep an surefire fury next to my bed. I also have an glock 17 with an surefire x300 ultra in a little Quick acces gun vault. The safe is because I live in Canada :)

Nicolas

Newly Enlightened
Next to my bed I keep an iTP A3 EOS (upgraded), and for peace of mind, my Bible.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Red SF L1 if I'm getting up
SF L2 to see what the hell the cat is doing
Rem 870 with SF forend for big bumps

I have a Cat check light, too, and that would be my SF Kroma set on low red. If it is not feline activity, then it is an SF M6L. If I get up I have a Photonfanatic La Petite Killer on my neck lanyard.

If something goes down: Our security detail has a motorcade of a pilot sedan, two SUV's a war wagon, straggler sedan and an ambulance to get us over to our surplus UH-1 Huey, then to our G4 - engines spooling up - with fuel for Hawaii.

So, All I have to do is monitor Feline activity inside.

Last edited: