What do you keep next to your bed?

sgt253

Enlightened
On my side of bed, on my nightstand, is a new Surefire 9P with P90 lamp assembly. Running on two (2) 17500 Li-Ion rechargeable batteries. Red filter attached for low disturbance of better half. Easily flipped to allow "white" light. Her nightstand contains Malkoff M31 dropin inside VME head and two (2) AA battery tube. She also has an ElektroLumens Tri-Star Phaser running eneloops for "backup".

Regards.

Ian2381

Enlightened
Right now I have the following lights by my bedside,
Beamtech Triple XML
Trustfire X9
Roche F12 NW XML
SOlarforce L2T with Intl O 3A NW XML Dropin

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK12 set at 95 lumens, McGizmo Haiku 2AA, Sig P220, cell phone and Rem. chopped 870 12 Gauge beside the nightstand.

Last edited:

jw2n

Newly Enlightened
For years I kept a SF U2 set on low. For the last three or four years a SF Kroma mil-spec set on the yellow-green.

ganzo

Newly Enlightened
My sc50w+ neutral white serves the best for that task. Actually it replaces a lamp for me at nights thanks to tailstand ability.

pbmagnet

Newly Enlightened
A fenix PD32, a mossberg 590 with a surefire forend and a streamlight TLR-1s connected to a glock 19.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of my best stuff is within arms' reach. Especially my best "What was that noise?" stuff. Surefire's excellent featherweight G2Z with a cheap XML module (bought back when XML was the new hotness, even Chinese modules were expensive, and domestic modules were a glimmer in someone's eye; it's really actually quite excellent). Elektrolumens' excellent battleshipweight Blaster NG (however I think he calls it the Blaster SST-90 now), a fine piece of mace-metal that does double duty as a staggeringly bright light source. Those two are in the most gropeable locations, but there's also a Groovy! running vampire duty and a Ra Twisty that's kept fully loaded. I've switched their batteries to get a better sense of the Groovy!'s capabilities; its sandvich really needs an RCR123 to really shine, but whoever owned it before me must have wanted a real pocket rocket.

Concealed cunningly within arms' reach is a shortsword, a dagger, and a semiautomatic handgun. A baseball bat, a boken, and occasionally other melee weapons of questionably good sense are positioned for easy retrieval. Unless the zombie plague is airborne, they don't stand a chance. :D

wjv

Enlightened
A Maglite XL50 on top of the night stand, plus both a JetBeam BA20 and a iTP C8T in the drawer of the night stand.

And S&W 442 with a Crimson Trace laser sight and 3 speed loaders in the drawer of the night stand, plus a Marlin 1894CS hanging in .38/.357 in the closet. . .

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Surefire A2L-RD. Super low profile red light with a soft press (good for navigating inconspicuously), or full 120 lumens on hard press when you need more light.

swampfoxoutdoors

Newly Enlightened
I have a 4sevens 123X2 tactical and my 870 HD! Along with various sharp poking objects and a host of projectile delivery systems! And the most dangerous of all MY WIFE! lol

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glock 26 in the nightstand and HDS EDC High CRI sitting on top of the nightstand. The HDS EDC is usually accompanied by some other light which rotates between T1A, HL1, LX2, M2, etc. A Glock 19 with a Glock GTL-10 weapon light is also within easy reach. :)

jamie.91

Enlightened
After reading this thread I realised the light I keep next to me at night is my least favourite light out of the lights I own ( nitecore d11 v2 ) which I find really weird :s So I switched it for my modded surefire 6p which is my favourite light out of the lights I own.

Back on topic, If i was to hear a bump in the night a powerfull light would blind me more than an intruder as i would have just woke up, due to this i prefer a stealth approach proberbly with a blade ;)

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep three flashlights by my bed; they are the Inova X5 Ultraviolet 5 LED's, the Eagleton G25C, and the Eagletac D25C2.

wbowman

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight TwinTask 3C (I gotta get something else!) and a Streamlight Litebox power failure light (it really wakes me up when the power goes out at night!). I'm on the hunt for a tactical light so I can relegate the TwinTask back to my toolbox where it belongs.

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
zebralight sc51c used to be a eagletac d25a with 14500 ....sold the latter to fund the former............

Latest posts