what does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miracle

Enlightened
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 21, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I ordered something online and was tracking the item but was given the above message.

Does it means that the item has not reached the post office yet?

:duh2:

madmook

Newly Enlightened
That starting USPS tracking info is usually not really good or accurate. Just wait a day or two and usually you'll get another update with more specifics i.e. what city/state your item is in or being shipped from.

Shur

Newly Enlightened
It means that the shipper has created the label/shipping info and it us registered with the shipper but they do no have the package yet.

i.e. Fedex or UPS you can go online to print your labels and register that you want a pick up, but they havent actually laid hands on the package yet.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
... Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.:duh2:

With the USPS, that's just a Delivery Confirmation number. It's not meant to provide real-time tracking. Sometimes they'll update the info the same day the package was received by them, other times the info won't change until after the package is delivered... especially on First Class Mail shipments. Usually though, you'll see it update when the local sorting center (near the shipper) receives the package, and when your regional center receives it.

DM51

Flashaholic
Miracle... what on earth is this doing in LED Flashlights? You've been here long enough to know better. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.