What flashlight does a flashaholic keep in their vehicle?

MosesM

Newly Enlightened
Back home when I had a car I would keep a Dereelight Javelin with the 1xAA body and a throwy drop-in like an XR-E R2, powered by an AW14500, in the handrest. Having a throwy light helped when I was driving through unlit roads and highways with signs that the car headlights couldn't reach, so I could light up the sign way earlier. I kept the light in 1xAA format just in case the battery runs out, then at least it would be way easier to find disposable AA batteries too.

dgwillim

Newly Enlightened
5.11 PC3.300 (UltraCap, LED based) - stays plugged into the truck all the time. Absolutely love this one. ...and a stock 2D Mag LED with an Odd Mods 6AA > 2D, Parallel, running Energizer ultimate lithiums for long term storage/use. Usually have a Inova T1 in my backpack and Inova X1 or Gerber infinity ultra on me. :)

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the moment I have
A big 12v plug in spotlight.
4d mag with no batteries in it (percussive motivator) batteries are in the glovebox (so they don't leak and stuff the light)

I EDC a few lights with me all the time, so I figure I'm pretty prepared if I need light at night.

My next car (which I will be keeping for a few years) will be getting a 511light for life mounted within reach of the driver
And a power connector for a Maxabeam on the dash somewhere, and in the boot (with an extension lead, and tripod plate/gorilla pod and a diffuser)
Now I have the Maxabeam, if I'm going out at night it comes with me.

T45

Enlightened
I keep a 3D Maglite with a Terralux LED Upgrade in the backseat for throw and as a loaner. After reading all these posts, I may have to get a Surefire G2 though!

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
You mean aside from my EDC? A lithium AA cell Gerber Infinity in the glovebox for actual non-blinding use when driving, and a 4D M@glite in the back. As stated in other threads, the 4D one is as much to scare off potential muggers as anything else, if/when the car breaks down at night.

Chenery88

Newly Enlightened
A dereelight CL1H v4 - nice and bright with good runtimr on the 18650 and has 3 levels.... Then my EDC of an HDS clicky 170T on my belt....

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
I haven't given a thought as to what to keep in my car. I always have two lights on me; a PD31 (or SWM V10R when it gets here) and an E01 on my keychain. When I have my back pack I also have a Q1232 Turbo X or 6P w/ NB SST-50. I'd keep my E21 in the car but it's kind of special to me.

I guess I could keep spare lithium primaries in the center console. I have a ROP being pushed by IMR 18650's, but I don't know how practical it would be in an emergency.

Marc999

Newly Enlightened
Maglite Led 2xEnergizer Lithium L91.

It's the least expensive light I own, so if my car get's broken into and the light stolen, I won't shed many tears. It's built well enough and offers enough light to check under the hood. Besides, it's got the dreaded SOS mode, that may actually serve a purpose in an emergency car breakdown situation.

The other lights I have serve their own purpose, whether it's portability, flood or throw qualities.

Zarniwoop

Newly Enlightened
In my CAR I keep an actual spotlight that can really THROW, and the little cord to recharge/run it from the cigarette lighter plug :)
In my emergency backpacks (which are usually in the car trunks) I still keep a basic CR123 light because the CR123's have long shelf life, but I will likely eventually replace them with AA lights and lithium AA's due to it being easier to find any number of AA's in emergencies.

I to NOT leave my precious EDC lights in my car, that goes on my belt or in wife's purse where it belongs! What good does your light do you if it's left in the car? :)

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Surefire G2Z with a Malkoff M61HCRILL, a nice reliable combination IMO.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lights I keep in our cars don't get a lot of use, they are mainly there for emergency/backup use, so they don't get rechargeable or alkaline batteries, as rechargeables would lose their charge over time, and I've lost numerous lights in cars to leaking alkaline batteries over the years. All of my car lights get lithium primaries. In each of our four cars I keep a AA Mini Maglite with LED drop-in for longer runtime, as well as a 2x123 cell (mostly Surefire G2's) incan light. I've fired up the lights after they've been sitting in my glovebox for 5+ years on the same set of batteries, and they always work.

SWong

Newly Enlightened
Inova T2 in mine, plus the second Inova T2 in my briefcase at all times.

Very useful for car problems/accidents/camping/hi-vis needs (all this year)

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
i probally have to many in my 4x4 truck. A Luxeon Rebel powered ReactorLite in the glove compartment, a Sipik SK68 clipped on the sunvisor, a Thrunite Ti on the keys, 2 Generic LED lanterns in the tool box, and a 4D Mag under the seat for defence. :naughty:

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
Fenix RC10. It comes with a 12v holder, as a backup there is a TK12 on cr123 in the glove compartment. The TK12 has a neodymium magnet glued to it so will stick to any metal part of the car.

yearnslow

Enlightened
I have a TK60 in the Landy plus I've always got a PD30 on me. I also carry two high output 30min white lightsticks.

itguy07

Newly Enlightened
Right now the wife and I both have a 3xAAA Commercial Electric we picked up as part of a 3 light and headlight pack at Home Depot. They are direct drive and have alkalines in them. They run really well and since they are direct drive, they will dim until the battery is completely spent. No modes or anything just a click on and click off. If they get lost or stolen, I think the whole pack was under $20, so no big deal. Same if the batts leak.

I EDC a Preon 2 and when we go on longer trips we usually have a 12v jump pack, light, and compressor with us. We have one of those 12v thermoelectric coolers so it runs that as well as can air up the always low spare tire and provide some low level light.