What happens when I'm bored?

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened
Well I decided the other day I needed to change up something on my Quark Turbo X. It's incumbersome to daily pocket carry due to the big head so it doesn't get carried all that much. Kind of uncomfortable in all and every way if I must say, even when I put the head on a single CR123 body. I don't like the long 2xAA format either. Well, I guess the only other way left to mess around with it was to make it shine a bit so that's just what I did.

I went with the brushed aluminum look and then polished it off. Don't mind the dust. This is not in any way a shelf queen.

IMG_20120131_171227.jpg

IMG_20120131_171318.jpg

IMG_20120131_171302.jpg

I think I will go ahead and do an emitter swap next to a neutral 4000k. I'm actually thinking of building my own flashlight after all this. There really isn't any production lights that tend to my wants anymore. I have the plan and design for the perfect tactical light, AND EDC already. :naughty:

kjelrod

Newly Enlightened
Nice little touch, puts a good contrast in there

Last edited:

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I think it spices up the dull boring black look too. Reminds me of the aluminum rechargeable band of my old maglite rechargeable. I also went ahead with the emitter swap and it's a wonderful neutral tint now at 4000k. Much better than the original partially green tinge. I'll tell you what? The head was a b*$)h to open. I wonder if 4sevens will still warranty this if I ever need to send it back to them. :sssh:

4tified

Newly Enlightened
Wow, when I first saw that pic, I thought it was designed like that. Great work!